The Feelings

All I Care About

You what?!” Sehun snapped, causing the others to scurry out the room, leaving only him, a terrified Hongki, and the president. Spit it out,” Sehun demanded, patience no longer a possibility.

 

I-I a-accidentally 

 

Pushed me into a ditch,” Luhan completed as he walked in through the front door, hair tousled and clothes covered in dirt. Aside from small cuts on his hands and two cuts on his face, Luhan looked fine. Sehun's heart suddenly felt lighter, and he was able to breathe easily again because Luhan came back in one piece. 

 

Hongki, however, looked absolutely mortified. He dropped down on his knees. “Sehun, I didn't mean to! It was an accident! I-I didn't think he would roll!”

 

Roll? Sehun turned to look at Hongki. “What do you mean roll

 

Nothing. Everything is fine. I'm fine. Hongki get up. It's not that serious.” Luhan came over and pulled the said boy up.

 

But you were limping!” Hongki protested.

 

Limping?” Sehun whirled on Luhan, eyes scanning his boyfriend's legs.

 

Luhan scratched his head while shooting nervous glances between the two. “About that.....I was only pretending to limp so you would buy me ice cream...Sorry.”

 

Hongki had his mouth wide open, shocked at the revelation, while Sehun merely rolled his eyes, too familiar with his boyfriend's tricks to get people to buy him whatever he wanted.

 

Y-you were pretending? What?! I thought Sehun was going to kill me if he found out I broke his boyfriend! Do you know how scared I was?!” Hongki shrieked, slightly hysterical given the circumstances.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Hongki, you're being dramatic. Sehun wouldn't kill you. Am I right, Sehun?”

 

Sehun doesn't answer. Hongki had his mouth wide open again, and Sehun could see the terror in his eyes returning. Not hearing a response, Luhan glared at him. “Sehun!”

 

Okay. Fine. I wouldn't kill you,” Sehun assured the scared vice president. Kill being the keyword. No, he would never go as far as killing someone, but he wouldn't shy away from knocking someone out though – especially someone who hurt Luhan.

 

See?” Luhan smiled widely at Hongki, who made a small garbled sound before plopping down on the couch, his expression dazed. “Now would you guys excuse me, I really need to take a shower.”

 

Sehun grabbed his hand before he could leave. “Not before I get a proper look at you.”

 

With one hand still holding Luhan's, Sehun reached out his free hand and brought his boyfriend's face closer for inspection. Luhan's eyes widened, a faint blush creeping on his face. Sehun ignored that and looked at the cuts. Thankfully, it wasn't deep, but it was still slightly bleeding.

 

I brought along a first aid kit in case something happens,” the president stated. Sehun felt Luhan's hand, the hand that was holding on to his, stiffen as she approached them.

 

You're always prepared,” Hongki said with a small smile. Luhan made a small noise that sounded like a snort, seemingly unimpressed.

 

It doesn't look bad. You should rub some antibiotic ointment on it before putting on band aids,” she suggested when she came up behind Sehun, eyes also surveying Luhan's cuts.

 

Sehun swore he saw Luhan's eyes darken as he looked at her.

 

I also brought my first aid kit,” Luhan said flatly.

 

Sehun quirked a brow. “You don't have a first aid kit.”

 

Luhan quickly glared at him and stated in an offended tone, “Well, I could always buy one.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and turned towards the president. “Can I borrow your kit for a minute?”

 

She smiled. “Sure.” She left the room to go grab the kit. When she was out of earshot, Luhan whirled on him.

 

I don't need a first aid kit! They're just small cuts. I'll be fine.”

 

Sehun snorted. “I'm not risking the chance of you getting an infection from such small cuts. Besides, it'll heal faster.”

 

Why does it have to be her kit?” Luhan mumbled, eyes avoiding Sehun's. Hongki looked at the both of them, shifting uncomfortably in his seat, probably thinking he should have left with the president.

 

And Sehun just looked at his boyfriend, wondering why Luhan was acting like this. He squeezed his hand. “Hey, are you alright?”

 

Super,” Luhan replied. Sehun recognized that tone. He now knew one thing was for sure – Luhan wasn't feeling super.

 

Before he could ask what was really bothering the boy, the president came in, a small white box in hand. She handed Sehun the box. “Here you go.”

 

Thanks.” Sehun sat Luhan down on the couch (a bit away from Hongki), and he opted to sit on the coffee table facing Luhan. The president took a seat next to Hongki, whose lips broke into a smile for a millisecond.

 

This is going to sting a little.” Sehun dabbed a little antibiotic ointment on the cut located on Luhan's chin.

 

The boy winced. “Ahh!”

 

I said it was going to sting

 

A little. But that stung a lot!” Luhan complained, clenching his teeth at Sehun. Sehun resisted the urge to laugh at how cute his boyfriend looked. You are such a big baby. (Apparently the president and Hongki thought the same thing because they were also trying to hold in their laughter.)

 

He started rubbing the ointment on the second cut, located on Luhan's left cheek. Like the first time, the older winced, but unlike the other time, he smacked Sehun's thigh when he did so.

 

Warn me before you rub that stuff on my face!”

 

I'm sorry I thought it was obvious I was going to put ointment on the only other cut.” Sehun smirked, earning an adorable growl from the other.

 

Sehun grabbed a band aid out of the box. He couldn't help but grinned when he saw the character on the band aid – Hello Kitty. Since his boyfriend had given him a Hello Kitty band aid once, causing him to be the target of his hyungs' teasing, Sehun was delighted to be given the opportunity to return the favor.

 

Luhan, noticing the devilish grin on Sehun's face, looked at the object in Sehun's hand. Yahhh. That's too pink. Isn't there another band aid?”

 

Nope. She only has Hello Kitty band aids. Deal with it.” Sehun stuck it on. He grabbed another one, a lighter shade of pink, and stuck it on the other cut. He smiled. “You look so cute with them on.”

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “This is payback isn't it?”

 

Sehun shrugged, feigning ignorance. “I don't know what you're talking about.” He proceeded to examine Luhan's hand, frowning at how many cuts Luhan had.

 

How did you get so many? What kind of ditch was this?”

 

I got them from rolling down a few meters before I landed in the ditch,” Luhan said nonchalantly. Sehun could hear Hongki choke on his saliva in the background. He spun around to glare at the boy.

 

Did you push him down a cliff or something? Why would he be rolling down a few meters?”

 

I-I..It wasn't a cliff. It wasn't – I promise he wasn't r-rolling for very l-long!” Hongki stuttered.

 

Sehun, I think you should attend to Luhan's wounds instead of hounding on Hongki. He already apologized,” the president stated. Hongki whispered a small “Thanks” and smiled at her.

 

Sehun does go back to taking care of Luhan, but not before he shot Hongki a warning gaze – telepathically telling him that if he was to push Luhan down anything again, he's going to end up in a ditch somewhere.

 

Hongki gulped and retreated further into the couch, clearly receiving the message. Good.

 

Putting ointment on Luhan's fingers was easier than his face – the boy didn't smack him each time he did it. He did, however, squeezed Sehun's arm whenever a particular cut stung. After sticking the band aids on the remaining cuts, Sehun examined his work, pleased with how it turned out. Luhan, on the other hand, looked like he was ready to rip the bright pink band aids off as soon as Sehun left him unattended.

 

All done.” Sehun closed the box and handed it back to the president. “Thanks.”

 

No problem.”

 

Sehun turned to look at Luhan. “Now you can go shower.”

 

Luhan gave him an annoyed huff before getting up to make his way to the bathroom. Sehun watched him leave, resisting the urge to smile.

 

Then a thought occurred to him... He's probably going to come out with no band aids on, claiming that they fell off while he was showering.

 

Hey, can I grab a few more band aids from your kit?” Sehun quickly asked the president before she took them back upstairs.

 

Yeah, sure.”

 

******

Ughh. I look like a Hello Kitty fanboy. Luhan stood in front of his reflection, scowling at the band aids his boyfriend had plastered on him. He looked at the ones on his hands and scowled some more. Maybe I could “lose” a few.

 

Smiling at the thought, Luhan proceeded to take off his dirty clothes and quickly stepped into the shower, eager to rid himself of dirt and those darn Hello Kitty band aids.

 

When he got out, he spotted Sehun sitting in the living room, watching television. He walked over and plopped down next to him, trying his best to not bring attention to himself.

 

Hey, where did some of the band aids go?” Sehun asked. Crap.

 

Huh?”

 

Sehun pointed at his hands and his chin. “You had band aids here, here, and here when you went in. Where are they now?”

 

Luhan blinked at his hands, as if now realizing that he was missing a few band aids. “Oh! I guessed they must have fallen off while I was showering. Ah well.”

 

Sehun stifled a laugh. “Oh, well good thing I got you some more just in case.”

 

Luhan looked at him, face frozen. “Y-you got more?”

 

Sehun smiled. “Yup.” From his jean pocket, he took out a handful of new band aids and – Ughh more Hello Kitty.

 

Now try not to lose these,” Sehun cooed as he pasted them on Luhan's cuts. Luhan thought Sehun was enjoying this a little too much – Sehun's snickering whenever Luhan wrinkled his brow in distaste was a dead giveaway.

 

When the other members saw Luhan covered in sparkly pink Hello Kitty band aids, they either cooed at how cute he was (mainly the girls) or laughed at how it must to have such girly band aids (mainly the guys). One of the guys from his team even pinched Luhan's cheeks, playfully teasing him about how adorable he looked. He immediately stopped when Sehun came in. He gave Sehun a 90 degree bow and ran out of the room. Luhan noted how the guy kept his distance from him the rest of the day. He also noticed how after the incident, Sehun refused to leave his side even for a minute. He thought maybe Sehun was doing so to make sure he didn't take off his ridiculous band aids.

 

With tonight being their last night on the MT trip, the club decided to have a barbecue dinner, so everyone was getting ready. The girls were inside, preparing the dishes, while the guys were outside, left with the tasks of starting the grill, seasoning the meat, and eventually grilling it.

 

Easier said than done.

 

For a bunch of guys claiming to have experience in grilling, they had a hard time in getting the fire underneath the grill to even start. Each time they got a flame going, a gust of wind would swoop by and out it went.

 

With his stomach grumbling from hunger, Luhan walked over to where Sehun was standing, quietly observing the other boys' process.

 

Sehun-ah, I'm hungry. How long is this going to take?”

 

Sehun looked at him. His face seemed to be contemplating something. “It won't take long. You'll have meat soon.”

 

He moved from his spot and walked towards the boys huddled around the grill. Luhan saw him taking the match from one of the other boys and striking it before placing it underneath the grill. He then started shifting the charcoal around and suddenly there were more than one flame. Everyone around the grill cheered, patting Sehun on the back. Some of them asked him why he didn't come help them earlier. Sehun merely shrugged and continued feeding the fire, making it bigger.

 

Luhan wondered if the only reason Sehun decided to do something was because Luhan had told him he was hungry.... Regardless, the fire was burning, and they can finally start grilling.

 

The girls came out with the kimchi and side dishes. They too cheered when they saw the meat on the grill.

 

With the tables set, and everybody ready to eat, the boys who were grilling announced that the president should be the first to taste the meat. She smiled and came over, opening to take the piece they were offering her.

 

It's daebak!” She gave them a thumbs up, and everyone cheered (except Luhan). He was simply too hungry. He didn't have the energy to cheer.

 

It definitely had nothing to do with the fact that she gave Sehun a pat on the back when she finished eating the piece. Nope. It wasn't that. Okay, fine, it did have something to do with the president giving his boyfriend a little too much attention for grilling a piece of meat properly.

 

When Sehun handed him a plate of perfectly grilled ribs, Luhan's mouth watered, and he forgot about what just happened.

 

Mmmm. This is so good!” Luhan happily exclaimed as he tasted the meat. At one point he looked at Sehun awestruck. The other boy laughed.

 

Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

Because you're the grilling master,” Luhan stated in between gigantic bites.

 

Sehun grinned. “You like it?”

 

Mmmm. Amazing. Meat.”

 

Sehun laughed. “You got something here.” He dabbed a napkin at the bottom corner of Luhan's lips. “You're such a messy eater sometimes.”

 

What if I'm only a messy eater so that you're forced to do things like wipe my mouth for me?”

 

Nah. You don't think when you eat. The messiness is a result of that,” Sehun teased as he continued to wipe Luhan's mouth. Okay, I am sure I do not have that much stuff on my face.

 

But Luhan doesn't complain. He lets Sehun clean him – the smile on both their faces a perfectly good reason as to why.

 

Sehun, can you come here for a minute?” a team member near the grill asked.

 

I'll be back,” Sehun told Luhan before he got up and walked over to the boy that called him.

 

Luhan grabbed another piece of meat off his plate and started devouring it. He really should grill me meat more often.

 

Hic.” Hongki hiccupped as he took a seat across from Luhan, a soju bottle in hand. “Hey Lulu, how's the meat?”

 

Lulu? Guessing that Hongki was a tad bit drunk, Luhan took the soju bottle from his hand and replaced it with a cup of water. “'Here. Drink water.”

 

Why? It taste booorrrinnggg,” Hongki slurred.

 

Yeah, but I don't like sleeping near you when you're drunk. You keep mumbling nonsense.”

 

Oh, is that the reason why you left last night?”

 

Not entirely.” I left because I can't sleep without Sehun.

 

Hic. It was because you missed Sehun huh?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Yeah. You can say that.”

 

Hongki stared at him. “You're so hic lucky you have someone to miss.”

 

Realizing that Hongki was one of those drunks who talk about their feelings, Luhan put his meat down and tried his best to listen.

 

Go on.”

 

It's just that whenever I see hic you and Sehun together, I always think, 'Hey I want that too.' Especially this afternoon, hic when he was putting band aids on you. It was so sickeningly sweet, I was close to vomiting.”

 

Uh. Thanks?”

 

Hongki shook his head. “Not vomit out of disgust. Hic. The good kind of vomit.”

 

Okaaay, I think you had a lot to drink. How about you go inside and rest a little? I'll make you tea if you want.”

 

Hongki shook his head again. “I don't want you to make me tea. I want her to make it.”

 

Her?”

 

Yeah. My crush for two years.”

 

Oh her....Just go ask her to make you some then.”

 

I can't.”

 

Why not?”

 

I'm afraid she'll reject me.”

 

Just because you ask her to make you tea?”

 

Hongki moaned and dropped his head down on the table. He mumbled, “No. She'll reject me because she's too perfect.”

 

No one is perfect.” Except maybe Sehun. Luhan giggled at the thought. Hongki lifted his head to look at him, curious as to why he giggled. Luhan cleared his throat. “Okay, listen, you have to have confidence in yourself! You have to at least try. I don't want you to sit here and cry about how she's too perfect for you and how you'll get rejected. Just be a man and tell her.”

 

Hongki blinked several times before slowly nodding. “You're right, Lulu. Hic. I should be a man and do something about it!”

 

Yes! That's the spirit!”

 

I'm going to find her and ask her to make me tea!”

 

Yeah – what? Nooo. Just tell her about how you feel. Forget the tea.”

 

But I'm in need of some tea. My stomach is starting to hurt....” Hongki made a pained face.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Fine. You can ask her to make you tea. I suggest ginger tea – it helps relieve your stomach after you drink.”

 

Woahh. You know everything. Hic. I can see why Sehun is so protective of you...You're like his walking encyclopedia.”

 

Encyclopedia? What?

 

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose. He came to the conclusion that a drunk Hongki tended to talk about his feelings and spurt out nonsense.

 

Yeah. Now go find her.”

 

Hongki sat up and scanned the backyard, frantically searching for his crush. Luhan looked at him, amused at how attentive he was, considering his current intoxicated state.

 

Wait.....he's intoxicated....maybe it's not best for him to confess to a girl while drunk..

 

Luhan assumed that girls don't go for that sort of confession, especially not when the guy is suddenly vomiting all over her shoes. Luhan looked back at Hongki and thinks that it is possible that Hongki will throw up on the poor girl. He was about to tell Hongki to not go through with the confession when he caught the frown on Hongki's face.

 

What's wrong?”

 

She's with someone,” Hongki replied in a dejected voice, and Luhan suddenly felt very bad for him.

 

Where?” Luhan followed Hongki's line of vision. He was looking towards the sliding back doors, where Sehun and the president were standing.

 

Wait.....Sehun and –

 

Hongki likes the president?!

 

He was about to ask the boy whether this was true when suddenly the president was bending over in laughter, apparently from what Sehun said. She playfully smacked his arm and continued laughing.

 

Luhan felt his face burning up. Suddenly everything felt numb except for that area in his chest. He felt something tugging his heartstrings. 

 

She continued to flash a toothy smile at Sehun. Luhan furrowed his brows, eyes narrowing in on them. He was throwing daggers her way, but the girl was too busy giggling with Sehun to feel it to feel the overwhelming dislike radiating from Luhan.

 

And when her fingers brush past Sehun's arm again, Luhan had this immense urge to flip the table in front of him and storm over there because he has had enough.

 

The only thing stopping him was Hongki's sobbing.

 

Luhan turned to face him, eyes wide, wondering when the boy started crying. Was he crying the whole time?

 

Hongki, are you okay? Don't cry. That's not very manly.”

 

Hongki turned to look at him with tear stained cheeks. “I don't think I'll be getting tea tonight.” He turned back to look at the president, fresh tears streaming down his face.

 

Luhan reached over with a napkin and gently wiped his face. “Hongki, don't cry. It's going to be okay. I'll make you tea if you still want some. Besides, nothing is going on between them.”

 

Hongki hiccupped a few more times before asking in a frail voice, “You sure?”

 

Luhan nodded. “Positive. Sehun is my boyfriend after all.”

 

Hongki doesn't say anything. He looked back at the other two, who were still in the middle of their chat (Luhan angrily bit his lip at the sight). He sighed.

 

What if she likes Sehun?” he asked. “She could still like him even if he was your boyfriend right?”

 

For a second, Luhan's mind drew a blank – unable to understand the question.

 

But when he looked back at them, at how the president looks at Sehun, at how close she is standing next to him, at how it seemed as though all she could see was Sehun, the weight of the question crashed down on him.

 

I really want to know what sort of feelings she has for Sehun...” Hongki murmured.

 

Luhan felt his heart plummeting.

 

F-feelings?......

 

The word seemed to have triggered something inside of Luhan. It made him realize that this thing the president has with Sehun may not simply be a crush. It could possibly be real feelings – raw feelings. Potentially love.

 

What sort of feelings does she have for Sehun?

 

Y-yeah. I also want to know.”

 

Thud.

 

Luhan jumped a little at the sound. He turned and there was Hongki fast asleep, head against the table, a part of his hair meeting Luhan's meat. Great.

 

After getting Hongki inside, with the help of his other teammates, Luhan came back outside to find Sehun waiting for him.

 

Where did you go? I got you more meat.” He passed Luhan a new plate of straight-from-the-grill ribs. Luhan took it, but he didn't eat it.

 

Thanks, but I'm full.”

 

Sehun raised one of his eyebrows. “Really?”

 

Luhan nodded.

 

You're waiting for dessert, aren't you?” Sehun chuckled. “I think the girls baked a cake. I'll get you a piece.”

 

Sehun got up, but Luhan grabbed his hand. “No, Sehun-ah, it's okay. I don't want any.”

 

That caught Sehun by surprise. “What? Did I hear that correctly?”

 

Luhan nodded again.

 

Sehun dropped his hand and cupped his face. “Are you not feeling well? Did you eat too much meat?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “I'm fine.”

 

Sehun remained skeptic. “How many fingers am I holding up?” He showed Luhan four fingers.

 

Four.”

 

No. I'm holding 1-2-3-4. Oh.”

 

Sehun-ah, I'm not drunk – if that is what you're thinking.”

 

Had to make sure...You've never not want cake, so I was just – are you absolutely sure?”

 

Yes.” I can't possibly enjoy my cake with these thoughts in my head.

 

Sehun was once again called over to help out with something that involves grilling, and he left, but not before placing his palm on Luhan's forehead to check if the older one had a fever. Seeing how Luhan had none, Sehun left, although hesitantly.

 

After dinner was over, everyone pitched in to clean up (at least the people who haven't passed out). Team A was still responsible for washing the dishes though. And instead of going back to his room to rest and digest, like so many of s have done, Luhan stuck around. He watched as Sehun carried the heavier stacks of plates and the racks used for grilling to the kitchen, and he was about to watch Sehun wash them, when something caught his eye – the president was trying to haul two big plastic trash bag to the side of the house, where the large green dumpster was placed.

 

Seeing this as his opportunity to talk to her alone, Luhan made his way over to where she was. He took ahold of the bigger bag (Crap, it's heavier than I thought!). She jumped in surprise.

 

Oh! Luhan!”

 

I'll help you.”

 

She smiled. “Thanks!”

 

As they walked away from the backyard, Luhan could almost hear the drumming of his erratic heartbeats. They've never been alone together, so the atmosphere was definitely tense, but Luhan couldn't help but wonder if there was another reason why she was so silent. Was it awkward being alone with the partner of the person you secretly like?

 

Luhan opened his mouth to ask her if she felt awkward around him, but he stopped himself when she suddenly announced, “We're here. Can you help me dump this in?”

 

Sure.” He placed the bag he was holding on the ground and helped her lift the one she had. Together they threw it over the lid of the dumpster. They both made disgusted faces at how foul the odor was.

 

One more,” she said with a small smile.

 

They grabbed the bag that was on the ground, and although this one took more effort, they got it done. She clapped her hands. “Thanks Luhan!”

 

You're welcome.”

 

Well, we should head back.” She turned and started walking away.

 

Now's your chance! Ask her!

 

Hey, is it okay if we talk?” Luhan called out to her. She spun around, surprise and confusion evident on her face.

 

You want to talk near the dumpster?”

 

Well, no.” He stepped away from the offending dumpster. “I just think we need to talk. I feel like it's necessary.”

 

Sure. About what?”

 

Luhan took a deep breath. This is it. He looked at her, his eyes trained on her, ready for her reaction.

 

About Sehun.”

 

She blinked once, twice, thrice, and then she shuffled her weight on her left foot. “S-Sehun?” she asked, nervousness clear in her voice.

 

Luhan nodded. “Yeah. I just.....I wanted to know...”

 

Say it. Say it. Say it.

 

D-do you....” His heart was beating a mile a minute now. His ears were suddenly ringing, and he could feel his palms getting clammy. He looked down at his hands and frowned, disappointed in how he was unable to even form the question.

 

A small part of him actually didn't want to ask her the question – fearful of the response she might give him.

 

That was the part preventing him from gathering the courage to simply speak what was on his mind.

 

The other part, the part that was dying to know – dying to finally understand – told him to just do it. He might not get another chance.

 

He has to know.

 

He locked eyes with her. He took one last deep breath before the words came forth. Do you have feelings for Sehun?”

 

There.

 

The question is out in the air. Out in the open.

 

Luhan had no control over what was going to be said or how the question was going be answered.

 

It was all up to her now.

 

He prepared for the inevitable.

 

He braced himself for the possible onslaught of emotions.

 

The answer came in a fragile, barely there whisper.

 

Yes.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~ GASP. SHE SAID YES! 0_0 What is going to happen!? Stay tune for the next chapter.

 

Lulu is okay!! Yay :) How was the chapter though? Did you like it? I thought it was cute. And yes Hongki likes the president. I actually had it planned since the beginning, but seeing how a few of you was hoping that he likes her, I was glad to incoporate it. Lol. Get her off Sehun's back...sort of.. :p Do you have any favorite lines from the chapter? I really want to know :D I like the band aid scene, Sehun sending Hongki a telepathetic warning (Loved that line i wrote), and Sehun wiping Luhan's dirty mouth. Once again, the dialogue between the two is so cute, I wish I could roll around in it.. Also a drunk Hongki is almost as fun as a drunk Luhan. Almost. Lol. 

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!! :))