My Dull One

The Dull One

A month passed.

"Hey did you see the new newsletter for the week?" Students gushed. "It's so engaging! I think they really pinned the argument this time!"

"Absolutely." Their friends nodded. "I wish I could write like Jaekyung and L. They're amazing."

Jaekyung bit her lip to contain her smile while L chuckled openly. He leaned against her locker and strikes a pose. "How about opening a news agency in the future with me, Mrs Kim?" He raised his brows teasingly.

Jaekyung pretended to consider and she laughed inwardly. "That'll have to see. It all depends on whether Mr Kim has enough funds to set up a company like that."

L chuckled in amusement and took her hand, swaying it gently as he walked them.

"Hmm funds?" He clicked his tongue. "Mrs Kim, you can do more of those birthday cards or get well wishes cards and I'll sell them online. And then we invent a smartphone. And we beat Apple and Samsung. Done."

Jaekyung peeked at him and laughed. "That escalated really quickly huh." She mused.

L bumped shoulders with her and smiled, happy. Jaekyung was recovering from her trauma bit by bit. She still couldn't accept anything like kisses or slightly more intimate gestures, but L was happy to just hold her hand.

After Chaekyung's little speech in the cafeteria, the student body became more accepting towards them and some even greeted them politely when they passed in the hallway.

A few months ago, there came a poll to determine who should be the cover boy and cover girl for the school poster to be hung on the outside wall.

The winner then had been L and Chaekyung since they were dating.

But Chaekyung had voluntarily stepped down of that position and made her sister accept it. No one dared to say anything against this decision and as that poster flapped in the wind against the wall outside, no one could deny this pair really did match each other really well.

L and Jaekyung passed the large poster as they walked to L's car and he grinned, just like he did every time they saw it.

"Aww look at that." He pointed at them. They were by a small table and Jaekyung was sitting, pretending to read a book while L read his whole standing. Beside their heads were the captions "Woollim High: Nurturing Talents."

"It's like our wedding photo don't you think?" L teased. "Our first formal photoshoot and its hung up for everyone to see."

Jaekyung chuckled and shook her head. "Myungsoo, if your idea of wedding photos look something like that, I think you've got a really wrong interpretation of the world."

L smiled and swayed their hands. "Other people may have stereotypical wedding photos, but Mrs Kim when you marry me, ours is going to be largely different. Trust me." He winked.

And he had the privilege to watch those fair cheeks of her blush a rosy pink, as his own lips curled up in a smile.

"Hey L hyung! Jaekyung noona!" Sungjong raced from behind. "Don't go yet!"

L and Jaekyung stopped, looking back at him. "What's up maknae?" L pouted. "We're going on a date."

"Myungsoo!" Jaekyung whispered, embarrassed.

Sungjong just rolled his eyes. "Sunggyu hyung said we should have a lunch together. It's the last day of school before spring break so he figured we should have a meal together. Chaekyung and her friends are coming too."

"That grand?" L wrinkled his nose. "Why is he behaving like we aren't seeing each other again? We all know we're gonna meet up every single day in the vacation."

"Stop whining and let's go." Jaekyung laughed. "They're waiting."

L pretended to pout as he followed behind her, but inside he was really really reeeeally happy.

Her smile even after all that she went through, he thought it was the most beautiful thing on earth.







"Why did you two take so long!" Hoya complained. "I'm starving! Yah maknae did you prance off to eat snacks before you found them?"

"It wasn't me!" Sungjong defended. "It's L hyung complaining about going on a date with noona and all."

Jaekyung sat down beside Chaekyung and L took the seat beside her. He raised his hands up in defeat. "Guilty as charged."

"Meh whatever. Lets order already I'm starving!" Dongwoo urged, waving for the waitress.

Once the waitress came over to their table, Sungyeol started rattling off the menu. "Yes can I have two sets of Bibimbap set lunches, yes including the drinks and fruits thank you very much. And a bowl of Ox bone soup, one large serving of ddubokki...no make that two, and four rolls of kimbap, two grilled lemon fish fillets, barbecue beef on stone and one crispy fried chicken." He smiled. "Oh wait make it two."

"And double everything he ordered." Dongwoo nodded.

Dongwoo and Sungyeol high fived and looked absolutely delighted. The waitress gulped as she tried to jot down everything before she forgot. "Is that all?"

"Uh no. That's only for them two." Soomi pointed. "There's still the rest of us."

The waitress turned pale and she swallowed. "Uhm can I have a minute. I've got to get a recorder to record everything down." She ran off.

"Oppas, if you eat that much you'll turn fat. I mean really fat." Bomi warned.

"Especially you, Sungyeol." Hoya laughed. "You're tall and of you turn fat, you'll be a large chicken cutlet walking around."

"I have a very good metabolism rate thank you very much." Sungyeol harrumphed. "I'll keep in shape without trying."

"He means he s a lot." Sunggyu muttered.

Jaekyung laughed in amusement, shaking her head. She didn't notice L watching her every move and having a similar contented smile on his face.

And he, didn't notice a girl watching him watch her sister.

Chaekyung let out a small sigh as she watched L and Jaekyung. *Lee Chaekyung were you blind? You actually missed something like this? He loves her so much that he can't hide it, and you actually missed that. You should check your eyes or something.*

Lunch was a noisy affair as usual, having the Infinite boys along meant that was inescapable.

Once they cleared everything, Sunggyu tapped his chopstick against his glass and garnered all their attention. "Attention all, the almighty wants to speak."

"Almighty is only reserved for SHINee's Key, oppa." Bomi pouted. "He's the almighty Key. You're the...wannabe mighty Sunggyu."

Sunggyu turned red and Sungjong laughed. "Don't try to win over the shawols' hearts. It doesn't work hyung."

"As I was saying," Sunggyu cleared his throat and sent a look to the maknae. "This half year has been pretty exciting and filled with events. There were happy ones, and there were sad ones." He glanced at Jaekyung who just smiled back.

"After roller coaster ride, especially for that guy over that with the cheesy expression his face...Damn it L can you please stop looking at Jaekyung and listen to me for a moment? She won't disappear!" Sunggyu huffed.

L made a face and pinked. "Aish." He reached for Jaekyung's hand and played with her fingers underneath the table. "Continue then."

"Yeah as I was saying," Sunggyu sighed, wondering why it was so difficult to talk to this bunch. "It has been a taxing half year. But it was memorable as well. We seniors are going to take our finals at the end of the next half of the year and we'll be going to college. So lets make the best out of the next half of the year, shall we?"

He raised his cup. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!!!" Everyone raised their cups.

Jaekyung smiled as the boys started fooling around again. They never stopped. Not for a second.

Woohyun stood up and dragged Yoomi with him. "Since this is done, I'd like to have my date with my girlfriend. Goodbye all the single people!" He pranced off with Yoomi.

Hoya's jaw dropped. "He did not just say that."

"He did." L stood up as well. "We'll guess we can go too? Got a date you know! Bye single peeps!" He laughed as he dragged Jaekyung with him, running out of the restaurant.

"They didn't!" Hoya shrieked.

"They did." Sunggyu nodded. "Time to get a girlfriend."

"And boyfriends." Bomi and Sooni sighed together.

Chaekyung smiled and looked at where her sister and oppa went. *And its time for you to forget, Chae. Forget.*

-----

L and Jaekyung panted as they reached a river side, laughing as they ran all the way.

"Why are we running?" Jaekyung panted, breathless. She looked behind them. "It's not like the boys are after us."

"Don't know." L smiled. "It's fun."

He swayed their interlaced hands and walked down down the stretch of the small river, humming a happy tune.

Jaekyung smiled at him, her heart still doing cartwheels every time he grinned at her. She didn't think it would ever stop.

"Myungsoo." She stopped in her tracks.

L looked at her curiously. "Yeah?" He stopped as well.

Jaekyung bit her lip and blushed prettily. "I just want to say, thank you. Thank you for not giving up on us. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for not leaving when I needed you the most. Thank you. Just..."

She looked at him. "Thank you for loving me."

L's gaze turned tender and he reached out to tuck a stray curl behind her ear.

"And thank you for being you." He murmured. "And making me fall heads over heels in love with this dull one."

L brought her fingers to his lips and kissed them lightly. "I love you."

Jaekyung bit her lip. "I...." She contemplated for a bit.

And then she tiptoed and pressed her lips to his cheek. "I love you too." She whispered.

L's eyes rounded in surprise and he gaped at her. "Jae, you can-"

Jaekyung pinked and she her lips nervously. "Apparently."

L laughed softly and pulled her nearer, not touching her except for their interlocked hands. "Do you think..."

Jaekyung blinked innocently. "What?" She pretended to be ignorant.

L chuckled softly and leaned forward, watching her reaction. Her eyes fluttered close as she waited for it, and she didn't panic whatsoever.

Feeling his heart leaping with joy, L closed the gap and pressed his lips to hers.

The briefest of kisses, the lightest of pecks.

He drew back, watching her reaction. Her eyes opened curiously, blinking. "So fast?" She blurted.

L laughed and lowered his head, claiming those lips again.

He dreamt so long for this, he didn't know when she would be ready. He pressed his lips harder, but careful not to he too aggressive.

He would have to be careful for everything concerning her, very very careful. But when he could just kiss her like this, every effort seemed worth it.

He drew back, his forehead pressed against hers. Their eyes met and both were smiling widely, goofily, like a bunch of fools.

A pair of fools in love.

With only their foreheads and hands touching, they felt like the happiest pair of people in the world.

"Since we've already kissed, do you think it'll be okay to hug?" L murmured. "These pair of hands are dying to embrace you."

Jaekyung nodded and darted closer. She swallowed, not going as close as this to him since two months ago. She leaned her head against his chest, letting out a small sigh as she smelt his familiar scent of the soap he used.

L slowly closed his arms around her and felt her relax against him. He smiled, burying his face in her hair.

"God, I missed you." He croaked. "This."

Jaekyung nodded, closing her eyes.

"Think you could hold me like this for a little longer?" Jaekyung whispered, her bottom lip already wobbling as tears gathered in her eyes.

"As long as you want me to, Mrs Kim." L whispered back. "I'll never let you go."





The end!

Hope you guys enjoyed this fic as much as I loved writing it!

Hope to see you in my other stories and particularly this one!!! It's going to be half sequel half spin off, if you want to know more, read the foreword!


The Pretty One [CLICK]