Unexpected Appearance

The Dull One

Jaekyung laid down on her bed and thought of all the things L had done for her that day. He was just the sweetest boyfriend a girl could get, and he knew her well enough to know what sort of things she would have appreciated with a smile, and what sort of things could make her exclaim and squeal in utter delight.

L was like the meant other half in her life, he knew her so well.

She really didn't deserve him, did she?

"I'm like the luckiest girl on the planet." Jaekyung whispered to herself. Her phone vibrated and she got it out quickly, expecting the text.

To: Jaekyung

Your hubby's safely home, just to let you know. And your hubby misses his wifey already~~ xoxo
I had fun today with you. Just thinking, next time we have a daughter, should we name her Mimi?

From: L

Jaekyung laughed and shook her head in amusement.

To: L

Well mister Myungsoo, although I am your girlfriend right now but I have a feeling that you're under a disillusionment that we're married but if you don't remember, you haven't even proposed yet.
Myungsoo aren't you thinking a little toooooooo far ahead, we're still in high school. And now you're thinking of a daughter....
But I must say, Kim Mimi sounds....

From: Jaekyung

A reply was received almost instantly.

To: Jaekyung

You're right. Kim Mimi sounds really dumb.
It's okay, we have a lot of time to mull over our children's names. I look forward to it.
By the way, I have a family gathering tomorrow so I can't go over to yours. I'm going to miss you *sniffles*

From: L

Jaekyung chuckled and shook her head, slightly disappointed that he wasn't available the next day.

To: L

It's really okay, Myungsoo. Go on your family gathering.
And please don't act cute, it's kind of disturbing. Sungjong's in charge of that, remember?
I'll see you on Monday then.

From: Jaekyung


To: Jaekyung

Alright. Go to sleep soon and don't read till late. See you on Monday.
I love you, sweet dreams.

From: L

Jaekyung kept her phone and bit her lip, a smile coming onto her face. That guy was perfect. Just perfect.

 

 

 

Jaekyung woke up with a bright smile the next day and almost bounced down to the breakfast table. She saw Chaekyung already there and her mother all dressed up in a dress while her father fixing his shirt.

"Morning Appa, umma. Chae." she glanced at her sister and Chaekyung gave a small nod.

She smiled, glad that she was getting some sort of reaction from her sister. "By the way umma, why are you wearing a dress today?" she asked curiously. "And Appa, why are you wearing such nice long pants on a Sunday?"

"I'm dating your umma out on a date today." Mr Lee grinned. "Figured it's time for a date after more than ten years ever since you two started growing up. Don't mind that do you?"

"Of course not." Chaekyung smiled at her parents. "Have fun, umma, appa. Take a lot of pictures!"

Mrs Lee smiled. She caught Jaekyung's eye and winked, raising her brows.

Jaekyung blinked in confusion and Mrs Lee rolled her eyes, discreetly pointing at Chaekyung. Jaekyung brightened, sending thumbs up to her mother. She could have hugged her mother right then and there.

Her parents were giving them time alone in hope of helping the sisters to reconcile their relationship. Jaekyung bit her lip, wondering how she should go about doing it.

The parents finished their breakfast and promptly left the house, with Mrs Lee giving Jaekyung another wink.

Jaekyung bit her lip, glancing at Chaekyung who was waving at their parents goodbye. The car disappeared out of sight and Chaekyung turned around to go to her room.

"Uh Chae!" Jaekyung grabbed Chaekyung's wrist. Chaekyung stopped, staring at her sister's hands. Jaekyung quickly retracted them in embarrassment and tried her best to be chirpy. How roles were changed, really.

"Do you want to watch a movie with me?" Jaekyung asked. "I rented a few DVDs, we can watch it on the couch here like old times. I'll fix the popcorn."

Chaekyung swallowed and stared at the ground. "I don't feel like watching a movie, unnie." she turned around slowly and went up to her room.

Jaekyung let out a small sigh and made a pumping fist in the air there after. "It's okay. At least she isn't screaming at you anymore is she?" she cheered herself on. "Again, try again!"

For the next hour, Jaekyung tried really hard to get closer to Chaekyung. Her sister didn't forbid Jaekyung from her room anymore, so Jaekyung could pop in any time to try to suggest some sisterly activities.

"Chae, you want to do your nails?" Jaekyung suggested for the nth time. "I bought new colors yesterday." she held up a few colored nail polish.

Chaekyung laid on her bed, using her laptop.

"You don't even paint your nails, unnie." she murmured.

"Yeah but I can start." Jaekyung smiled, hoping Chaekyung would agree. *I'll do anything, as long as we can return to normal.* she thought inwardly.

Chaekyung let out a small sigh and sat up on her bed. "Unnie, you don't have to force your self to do things you don't want to." she looked at her sister. "Stop trying to get closer to me right now. I don't want to be mean but...I can't face  you right now. Not so soon. I just can't."

"I understand." Jaekyung whispered, lowering her gaze to the floor. "I'll wait."

"Hm." Chaekyung turned away to her laptop again. Jaekyung sighed at being ignored and went out of her sister's room, closing the door. Once the door clicked close, Chaekyung let out a small sigh.

"I don't want to face you when I still have so many hard feelings in me, unnie." she murmured. "It's just so hard to be a nice person right now."

-----

Jaekyung decided to go out for a walk since Chaekyung obviously didn't want to talk to her.

She considered calling the Infinite members up but decided against it. The boys were fun but some times, a little time alone was pretty enjoyable as well.

Jaekyung shoved her hands into her pocket as she walked around the district, looking around the shop houses and peering into the windows once in a while. The place didn't sell popular stuff, just necessities and some times odd trinkets.

Jaekyung liked the feeling of the street, it wasn't crowded and it always had that slow paced, relaxed feel to it.

As she walked down the street, she couldn't help but feel as if someone was following her. Jaekyung glanced back and didn't see anyone. She frowned and scratched her head. "I must be dreaming."

And when she took a few more steps, she felt it again. That aura from behind. A little dramatic to say so, but there was this feeling when someone followed you, when someone was staring.

Jaekyung stopped in her steps and wondered if she should turn around again when someone pulled her into a dark alley with a hand on to prevent her from screaming. Jaekyung gasped in shock as a masking tape was promptly stuck against her lips and a paper bag on her head.

She was kidnapped.

-----

Jaekyung was thrown against a cold hard floor and she let out a whimper at the impact. She shivered, her mind working overload.

Just who was this? A random kidnapper looking for ransom? Or was it someone that targeted her specifically?

If so, who? Who would want to kidnap Lee Jaekyung?

The answer was soon revealed when the paper bag was pulled off her head and Jaekyung stared into the viscious face of Kim Junki. Her eyes widened and the guy in question smirked. "Hello, baby~"

Jaekyung involuntarily cringed at the nickname. Even L avoided calling her that because it reminded him of Junki.

The two other boys that had kidnapped her looked at Junki and Junki nodded, satisfied. "Good. I'll give you your rewards some time after." he muttered.

"But boss, what are you going to do with her?" one guy asked. "I thought you said you were trying to get back together with your old girlfriend. This kidnapping thing was to scare her and then there would be a romantic getaway for you two." he stared around at the old messy apartment. "This sure doesn't look like a romantic getaway."

Junki scowled. "It doesn't concern you." he spat. "Get out of here and I'll send you the rewards. OUT!"

The two boys ran out of the apartment quickly, not a backward glance spared.

Junki smirked and turned back to Jaekyung, his eyes gleaming with interest and mischief. "So hello there, baby." he patted Jaekyung's cheeks and she winced. Junki pulled the masking tape off and Jaekyung glared at him. "I'm not getting back together with you, if that's what your'e thinking."

Junki laughed. "You think i want you as a girlfriend again? No thank you, you were no fun. You didn't even let me kiss you."

Jaekyung blinked in confusion. "But that guy said-"

"I lied." Junki smirked. He sauntered over and grabbed Jaekyung's chin roughly. "My my, you look prettier than before, now that you're dating L aren't you, lying ?" he snickered. "He's a cheater and you are too, what a perfect match in heaven."

Jaekyung winced.

"But really, I don't care about that. What I care about is how you ruined my reputation." Junki snarled. "Now everyone knows me as the play-toy. We only dated for a little more than a week, Lee Jaekyung. How dare you cheat on me even before I made my moves on you?"

Jaekyung shivered. The way he was looking at her didn't look like someone who had his sanity with him. He lost it.

"I tried to play nice, I thought I could wait a little longer if I could get one of the school's prettiest girl to sleep with me." Junki's face hardened. "But you cheated on me with L. Everyone is laughing at me right now because they said they expected this happening from the beginning. Even girls don't want to talk to me anymore."

"It's not my fault!" Jaekyung squeaked. "It's the reputation you've painted for yourself in the first place."

"I don't have a reputation anymore!" Junki roared. He glowered dangerously at her. "And you're the cause of it all. Now I'm going to take revenge."

He snickered as he leaned in closer.

"Now I'm going to tarnish your reputation as well."