Girls

The Dull One

L flipped the new updated newsletter of that week and scanned through the articles.

His eyes fell on one of the articles on environmentalism by Lee Jaekyung. L's eyes widened in recognition. It was the article Teacher Jung wanted him to write the first day he entered the committee.

L read the passage from the first word to the last, not even missing a single comma. He was so engrossed that he didn't even see the Infinite boys arriving in class after him as they plopped themselves around him.

L finished the article and let out a huge sigh. "Wow." he muttered as he massaged his temples. "No wonder she was pissed web Teacher Jung made me write this. This could possibly the essay of her life." he murmured.

"And what are you talking to yourself about, my dear lad?" Hoya raised his brows.

L blinked and realized his friends already there in class with him and he grinned sheepishly, tucking the newsletter in his bag. "Oh hi, good morning."

"Good morning indeed." Sunggyu huffed. "Why the hell didn't you wait for us to come to school together? Sneaking off and coming to school earlier like this."

L pouted and made a face. "For starters, they were giving out the newsletter today and I want to have a look for myself." he reasoned.

He sighed and shrugged. "And besides, you know how I hate the screaming girls in the hallway when all of us walk together." he huffed. "Walking alone and sneaking here is much better."

"And you forget that the girls would be looking for you when we are walking then?" Sungjong pouted. "Oppa oppa!! Where is L oppa today!!!" he imitated.

L grimaced. "Oops. Sorry."

"Forgiven." Woohyun slung an arm around L. "We know you're still a dork inside despite your superior genes and extremely cute face."

"Remind me to tell Yoomi that her boyfriend has gone gay." Dongwoo murmured distractedly. Woohyun shot Dongwoo a look but Dongwoo quickly changed the topic.

"So L, when are you confessing to Lee Chaekyung?" he asked casually.

"WHAT?? YOU'RE CONFESS-MHHFFF-" All the Infinite boys gaped and blurted in unison before L and Dongwoo slapped their hands on the others' mouths to keep them from alerting the entire school.

"You wanna ruin the surprise for Chaekyung?" Dongwoo hissed at the same time as L frowned at them. "Do I look like I wanna confess to her?"

The Infinite boys looked from Dongwoo to L and L to Dongwoo. "For the love of God can you please make this easier to understand?" Sungyeol groaned. "So L are you gonna confess or not?"

"Not." L muttered. He shot Dongwoo an accusing look. "I never said I wanted to anyway."

Dongwoo's eyes rounded. "But yesterday I saw you getting chummy with her already! Most guys would have presented her with a giant bouquet by now!"

"I'm not most guys okay?" L raised his hands up in surrender. "I never thought to confess and I won't do anything like that unless I'm sure what I'm doing. I don't even know the girl!" he groaned.

"But she's cute and bubbly and pretty and-" Hoya frowned.

"If you want her you can have her to yourself." L huffed. "I only said she was pretty but I didn't say I felt anything special for her! Why are you guys so eager to be match makers anyway?"

"If you don't know, we're officially in Chae-soo fanclub." Sungjong grinned. "Chaekyung-Myungsoo."

L's eyes rounded.

"Yes man there's such a thing." Sunggyu laughed at L's astonished expression. "When fangirls can't get the guy they want they pair the guy off with the girl they don't mind losing to. And that's of course Lee Chaekyung." he explained. "And we support you because...we support you with any girl. Just so you prove your uality as male, dude."

L rolled his eyes and got out of his seat. "I can't believe you guys, that's ugh." he shuddered. "I'll have to wash my face and clean my ears from what I heard."

"Yah we just wanna see you have a girlfriend man!" Sungyeol called. L shook his head in amusement and jogged off the his locker to retrieve a book.

He couldn't believe how...mother-like the infinite boys were behaving. It was like they couldn't wait for him to be married off!!

L sighed as he thought of Lee Chaekyung. Well she is quite cute, he couldn't lie about that. But just deciding to woo her from such a short period of time, wouldn't that be rash?

L shook his head as he closed his locker. "The boys need their own love lives as well so that they don't bother about my non-existent one." he muttered.

He walked the long way back to class just because there was enough time and he walked through the back of the school. He heard a rather loud MEOW and he blinked, wondering where it came from.

At that same time, Jaekyung appeared from behind a pillar as she rushed to her locker to get her books before lesson. She stopped in her tracks in surprise when she saw L and bit her lip awkwardly.

L wondered if he should try saying hi again when Jaekyung apparently made the decision for him.

She averted her eyes and hung her head as she rushed off beside him, her shoulders brushing his momentarily as she passed. She decided there wasn't any reason to be friendly to one of the most popular jjangs in school when all she wanted was to fade away.

L huffed at where she went and made a face. "Double rude." he muttered.

He continued walking back to class when he heard the distinctive meow again. He listened for it a while more and followed the direction where it came from.

L couldn't help the smile when he saw three kittens and a mother cat feeding on a bowl of milk and some cookies left by someone.

L picked up one of the kittens and chuckled softly as it nuzzled his palm. He looked back at where Jaekyung went and shook his head.

"Can't be her. She doesn't do nice stuff like this."







"Appa." L plopped himself on a seat in his father's study room back at home. His father, being the principal and all, was actually a kind-hearted man with a usually fierce face. That fierce face used to scare the first years, but as they came to know their principal, they came to adore him.

"Appa why did you call me in?" L asked, turning in the chair like a five year old.

Mr Kim looked up from his reports and removed his glasses, massaging his eyes. "Oh, nothing much. I really only wanted to talk to you about your first few days in Woollim. How's the school?"

L smiled. "It's mighty fine, especially because my dad's the principal I might add."

Mr Kim gave him a look and L nodded. "Arraso. But honestly it's fine." he assured. "The teachers are nice and helpful and well, uh I haven't really talked to anyone else yet because there's Infinite and all.."

"Don't limit your social circle just because you're a Jjang, Myungsoo." Mr Kim advised. "Although I must say those Infinite boys are pretty adorable." he chuckled.

"The teachers are fine too?" Mr Kim inquired.

L shuddered when he thought of Teacher Jung from the Newsletter Department. "You know Teacher Jung? The one from the Newsletter Department?"

Mr Kim nodded.

"Yeah I joined the committee a few days ago and you wouldn't believe how she's trying to up to me." L frowned. "I'm not saying she's all bad, but she's pretty obvious when she tries to boot just because I'm your son. I don't quite like that."

Mr Kim chuckled. "I knew that woman was like this." he shook his head. "Been aware for ages. Don't worry son, I won't let her tactics earn her an unworthy promotion."

"On the side note," Mr Kim leaned forward. "How about the girls in the school?"

"Not you too Appa." L groaned. "The Infinite boys keep trying to pair me off with someone."

Mr Kim laughed. "You should know although I'm the Principal, I don't really mind if you date you know." he grinned. "So, no girls?"

L huffed and immediately thought of Jaekyung. "Well there's this one girl, but she seems mean. She's called Lee Jaekyung from my class and she's also in the newsletter committee. And she's just rude and demanding and not at all friendly." he frowned. "I don't like her already."

Mr Kim frowned. "Oh?"

L nodded. He thought about the rest of the girls in school. "Well there's this other girl, she's called Lee Chaekyung. I think she's really popular or something?" he shrugged. "The Infinite boys keep trying to pair me up with her."

"And what do you think about her then?" Mr Kim asked.

"She's cute." L nodded. "I'll give her the benefit of doubt."

Mr Kim looked deep in thought there after and L stood up. "I see you're busy, Appa. I'll get going." he darted out of the door and left his father alone in the study room.

Mr Kim tapped his chin in thought. "Lee Jaekyung and Lee Chaekyung huh? Funny pair of sisters they are." he muttered.

He sighed and rubbed his temples. "I thought you'd know better than to judge Jaekyung on first impression, L. Hope that view of yours will change."