The Kiss

The Dull One

The gang had a great time visiting around the sites and had a scrumptious dinner back at the resort. It was barbeque and they had premium ingredients sent to their door. Jaekyung and Bomi were the ones who had most part to play in cooking since the boys had no idea what to do with a knife and pieces of meat.

Hoya turned out to be a genius with the lighter even when the rest of the boys couldn't get the charcoal to heat.

Dongwoo was the expert at barbequing the chicken wings and had practically roasted 95% of the ones they ate.

All in all, it was a really really scrumptious meal. L had a great time laughing with his friends and teasing Jaekyung, he didn't know why he loved to do that it just made him happy. He loved to see her shooting looks at him and especially adored when he could see the corners of her lips lifting as she desperately controlled her smile.

Oh how he loved to make her smile.

He hadn't realized anything was wrong with Chaekyung until Jaekyung pulled him away from the group halfway through dinner. "Kim Myungsoo can you help me get the drinks?"

L blinked at the two unopened bottles of coke. "But what-"

"Just come." Jaekyung pulled him along. She glanced at Chaekyung who looked a little listless as she tried to smile at the jokes the others were talking about. Jaekyung caught her looking at Woohyun and Yoomi once in a while and looking melancholic when Woohyun would kiss Yoomi on the temple or cheeks.

Jaekyung sighed and led L to the kitchen. L opened the fridge and got out a pack of chocolates and popped one into his mouth. "Want one?" he popped it into .

Jaekyung blinked and was slightly unfocused from what she wanted to say. "Uh.."

"So what drinks should we get?" L tapped his chin as he scanned through the choices they had. "Mountain dew or sprite? Personally I like Mountain Dew but I'm not sure about the others. What do you think about-"

"Kim Myungsoo." Jaekyung swallowed the chocolate. "I wanted to talk to you."

L stopped talking and slowly turned to look at her, letting go off the fridge door and letting it close. He scrutinized her face, reading silently, watching her tensed form and worried eyes.

"Oh." L murmured. "I know what this is about."

Jaekyung's eyes rounded. "You do? But I haven't even started-"

"I can't say I know what you're going to talk about exactly, but I know who this is about." L cocked his head to the side. "You're going to talk about Chaekyung aren't you. You only look this worried and troubled when it's about her. And you only talk to me this seriously and uneasily when it's about her."

L sighed. "So what's it about?"

Jaekyung shifted on her feet. "It's just..." she murmured. "You know the game we were playing this afternoon? The last question?" she didn't know how to approach the subject and her cheeks turned pink.

L watched in amusement as she struggled to find the words. "Yeah?"

"The last question about the first..f-first k-k-ki.." Jaekyung her lips nervously. L chuckled and nodded, pretending to be ignorant. "First kikiki?"

Jaekyung reddened and slapped his shoulder lightly. "Aish jerk you know what I'm talking about!" she huffed. "So why haven't you and Chaekyung done it?"

L looked confused for a moment until he realized what she was asking. Jaekyung was looking at the ground and L suddenly stilled, not knowing why he felt disappointed at the question. "You're seriously asking me why I haven't kissed Chaekyung."

Jaekyung turned to go. "Okay I knew this was a bad idea."

L reached out to stop her. "No you need to get it off your chest and I need to hear your problems." he said seriously. "You're concerned about this because...?"

Jaekyung sighed. "Well...I'm in no position to do anything about this since it's your relationship, but if I'm Chaekyung I wouldn't like waiting either." she shrugged. "Waiting for my boyfriend to show affection and all. Because I notice you don't even hold her hand until she hooks her hand through your arm."

L lowered his gaze. "I haven't kissed her because I honestly haven't thought about it." he admitted. "And now that I've thought about it, it doesn't feel right either." he frowned. "I know I'm slow, but I don't want to rush things."

He knocked her head. "Seriously, Jaekyung? You even have to fight for your sister's kisses?"

Jaekyung pouted. "I just...want her to be happy okay?" she bit her lip. "Happy, that's all I want."

"And if I kiss her it'd make you happy?"

Jaekyung's head snapped up to look at him in surprise. fell open and she honestly thought he was joking. But he wasn't. He was serious.

"Kim Myungsoo you can't joke about this-"

"I'm serious. If I kiss her it'll make you happy?" L repeated, studying her face.

She looked absolutely torn, confusion flicking across her features. Would she be happy if L kissed Chaekyung?

NO.

Her first thought.

But then she backtracked. Why wouldn't she be? If L kissed Chaekyung, her sister would be happy right? And so would Jaekyung. She was happy if Chaekyung was happy. That was her principle wasn't it?

Jaekyung swallowed and nodded. "Yes. I'd be happy."

L's face fell. "Okay. Noted." He faked a smile. "I'll see what I can do." Jaekyung looked away, feeling suffocated and strained. "Hmm okay. I'll go back first." she darted off, feeling strangled and immensely torn.

L watched her go, wondering why he was so disappointed with her response. He shrugged his shoulders. "Babo L, she's right. You should have kissed her by now."

 

 

 

"Hyung." L looked over at Woohyun. "What does it feel like to kiss someone?"

Woohyun's hands stopped mid air while he was lifting the cup to his mouth and he raised his brows at him. "Excuse me?"

"I asked what it feels to kiss someone." L stared at the sky. "What makes you want to kiss someone? When do you know it's the right time? What makes you want to do all that? I don't understand."

Woohyun sat up. "Is this about Chaekyung? You haven't kissed her right? Haven't found the right time to do it?"

L stared at his fingers. "I don't know. It's just...I haven't even any of those thoughts before when I'm with her. It wasn't until today that I remember I haven't done anything vaguely couple like with her." he raked his fingers through his hair. "Is it supposed to be like this? Like you have to remember constantly?"

Woohyun looked confused. "No. It's supposed to be the at the back of your mind constantly even when you're not around her, and it's because we are guys." he frowned. "Unless you're gay."

"I'm not!" L shot Woohyun a look.

Woohyun laughed. "I know. That's why it's weird." he shrugged. "You're supposed to want to kiss her, want to hug her, want to be with her all the time. That's how boys act you know? We initiate skinship because she's shy to do so. We like to hold her hand, to kiss her lips. That's just us."

Woohyun chuckled. "But you're one hell of a different species, L."

L pouted and stared into his glass. "Do you think I should kiss her?" he mumbled. "Because I know it would make someone happy."

"Yeah of course you should." Woohyun nodded, sipping his drink. "Of course Chaekyung will be happy. You should do that."

L bit his lip and stared at the sky. No it wasn't Chaekyung he was concerned about making happy, it was Jaekyung.

-----

"UNNIEEEE!!!!"

Jaekyung looked up from her book. She was reading the last few chapters before going to bed when L knocked on their door and asked for Chaekyung. His eyes met hers, looking unreadable and as if he was looking right into her soul.

She didn't know why she felt warm at that time.

And then he whisked Chaekyung off for ten minutes and now she returned, looking as if she won the lottery.

Jaekyung didn't know why she feared hearing what L did to make her sister that happy.

"Yeah?" Jaekyung answered weakly.

"KYAAAH Today is the happiest day of my life!" Chaekyung giggled and plopped herself on Jaekyung's bed. "I can't stop spazzing unnie! KYAAHHHH!!!"

Jaekyung flinched. He must have done something.

"Did you know what L oppa did?" Chaekyung giggled and cupped her own cheeks, swaying cutely. "Omo I'm feeling giddy now as I think about it!"

"Uhm Chae I don't think I want to-"

"He kissed my cheek!" Chaekyung pointed at her right cheek. "Right here! Kyaaah I can still feel his lips here even though it was so quick! I'm so happy!"

Jaekyung didn't realize she was holding her breath until she let it out. "Oh, really?" she forced a smile. "That's great."

Chaekyung giggled and nodded. "I'll go tell the girls!" she danced out of the room.

Jaekyung leaned against her bedrest and stared at her fingers. "Cheek." she whispered. "He kissed her cheek." She bit her lip, containing her smile.

If I kiss her, you would be happy?

He tricked her! Kind of.

Jaekyung didn't know why she was happy that he didn't kiss Chaekyung on the lips. She had no idea what was going on in her mind or heart but at that moment, all she could think about was to stop smiling like a mad woman.

Her phone vibrated.


To: Lee Jaekyung

Happy?

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Very.

From: Lee Jaekyung

 

But it wasn't in the sense he thought it would be. Rather, in a much more confusing way.