STRIKEEEE!

The Dull One

"Appa, I saw that there are security cameras outside our classrooms." L frowned urgently. "Is it possible to get the tapes?"

Mr Kim looked up in surprise. "Is there a problem? Why do you need to the tapes?"

L sighed and sat down beside his father. "A girl in my class lost her money today." he muttered. "I'm not sure if lecturer Song mentioned this to you."

Mr Kim nodded and furrowed his brows. "I do remember him saying he had something urgent to tell me but I didn't have time for him. Who was it?"

"Seohyun." L continued. "She lost her tuition fees and during break. So when Lecturer Song asked who didn't leave the class during break, Lee Jaekyung was the only one who raised her hand."

"Oh no." Mr Kim frowned.

"Yes. Oh no." L agreed. "Lecturer Song wanted to clear her name so he checked her bag in front of the class."

"And?" Mr Kim leaned forward.

"He didn't find anything." L muttered. Mr Kim let out a breath. "But-" L continued.

Mr Kim stilled.

"Kim Junki suddenly found the envelope of money under Jaekyung's table, stuck under it with a blue tack." L explained. "And there was no way of explaining it because she didn't even know how it got there. Everyone is saying how she took the money behind her back, those freaking cowards. And I just..." P took a large breath.

"And I can't just let her get blamed for something she didn't do, Appa." L begged. "Please don't expel her. She didn't steal the money, I promise."

Mr Kim nodded. "I know. I don't believe she did it as well. When Jaekyung got enrolled in this school, her parents came to talk to me for a bit. This girl went through a lot, Myungsoo. She's everything she is for a reason. But I know deep inside she's a wonderful person and I don't believe she would do something like this either."

L looked curious. "What did her parents talk to you about?"

Mr Kim grinned lightly in a mysterious way. "It's her story to tell, Myungsoo. Give her time." he chuckled. "I really would love to help this time, Myungsoo. But someone hacked into the school system today and we can't access our files. The recordings for the security cameras are in there but the professionals are still in the process of getting out site and information back. I'm afraid it's just impossible to do anything right now but wait."

L slumped at his seat, pale. "Wait?" he murmured. "That means she'd have to spend the next few days like a criminal with everyone looking at her like she's a bad person?"

Mr Kim chuckled and leaned forward. "Don't you see now?" he murmured. "That's where you come in. That's when you have to come protect her from this mess, right? You're not the Principal's son for nothing."

L slowly grinned. "You're right. Thanks Appa. I'll help her." he nodded. He darted out of the door and Mr Kim let himself smile a little too widely.

"I see where this is going, Myungsoo." he murmured. "You're turning towards the right one now. I just hope you won't hurt any one of them."







As Jaekyung walked down the hallway, whispers ceased and everyone looked at her, pointing fingers.

Jaekyung her lips and swallowed, staring at the ground and pretending that no one was around and no one was looking at her.

It wasn't working.

Chaekyung and her friends frowned at the people who were talking bad about Jaekyung behind her back, feeling indignant about everything.

Jaekyung rushed to her locker and got her books, ignoring everyone's gaze.

L stared at her, willing for her to look at him just once. She didn't.

Jaekyung walked briskly to the class and at once, everyone started talking again, muttering about her.

L couldn't take any of their facades and he growled. "Will all of you shut your trap?" he snapped loudly, slamming his locker door and storming away.

The students blinked and gasped, and all of a sudden the whispers got louder. What in the world just happened to their jjang, L?

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the people. "He told you guys to shut up, so shut up!" he hollered, shaking his head and following behind L.

The Infinite boys shot glares at people who still talked about what happened and followed suit as well. Chaekyung watched as they went, a small smile tugging at her lips.

*Infinite oppas are so nice. I hope this would be the start of the change of Unnie's life.*

-----

"Oh look, the thief is here!" Kim Junki sneered.

Jaekyung looked away immediately, closing her eyes. No matter how she prepared herself mentally and telling herself that Kim Junki would say this and it wouldn't hurt her, it did.

She met eyes with Seohyun who was looking at her curiously without hiding her feelings. That girl didn't believe Jaekyung stole her money.

Jaekyung felt slightly comforted as she made her way to her seat.

The Infinite boys arrived soon after and L immediately searched for Jaekyung. He frowned when he saw Kim Junki sitting on Jaekyung's table. That just signaled the start of the torture.

He clenched his fists, eying the bastard.

"You do know the saying that silence means consent right?" Kim Junki snickered. "Since you haven't said anything about the matter I assume you really are thief?"

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes at Junki. "I don't need to explain anything to you." she whispered.

"Oh of course, because everything is the truth!" Junki snickered. "No way of putting it can be more true right? Well well Lee Jaekyung let's not talk about this then. Aren't you going to answer my question from the other day then? How many friends do you have? Have you finished counting?"

Some students laughed and Jaekyung flinched.

"Come on, tell us!" Junki laughed evilly. "Just how many 'friends' do you have?"

Jaekyung remained silent, staring at the ground.

"Well, Miss Popular?" Junki snickered. "Or should I say, Miss Thief?"

"SHUT UP!"

Junki stumbled off the table in shock and looked around in surprise. It was the first time that someone had spoken up to his little stunts and tricks.

He was surprised to see it was L who was standing right in front of him with his fists clenched and his chest heaving up and down as he growled.

"No.." Jaekyung gasped and shook her head at him. "Myungsoo, don't-"

"Jaekyung, this is a strike." L looked intensely at her. "I can't stand back to watch this anymore."

"Myungsoo please-"

"Can someone explain anything to me right now?" Junki asked. He looked between L and Jaekyung. "I thought you two only knew each other from the newsletter thingy."

"No." L hissed. "We're friends."

People around them gasped. Friends!!

"In fact, Jaekyung is our friend too!" Sungjong bounced from his chair. "Jaekyung noona!" he smiled at her.

JAEKYUNG NOONA??!!

"Wait what the hell?" Junki looked L up and down. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you mixing with filth like this?"

L's eyes flashed. He stood in front of Jaekyung and leveled his eye with Junki's, heaving angrily. "She. Is. Not. Filth." he seethed. "She is my girlfriend's elder sister and my friend. You don't know anything so shut your trap."

"Hah your girlfriend's sis..." Junki faltered and his eyes tore to Jaekyung who was hiding her face behind Hoya. "Wait what?"

Jaekyung let out a mewl and hid her face in her hands, not ready for all this. L pulled her up gently and made her face the class. "Jaekyung, just tell everyone. Are you Chaekyung's sister?"

Jaekyung squeaked, squeezing her eyes shut.

"That's impossible! L oppa you're lying!" the girls shouted.

"Jaekyung." L squeezed her shoulders lightly. "Please."

Jaekyung gave a short curt nod and quickly sat down, her cheeks flaming red.

The students gasped and looked at each other in shock. Woohyun snickered at them. "She's part of us, now. So anyone who dares to say anything about her will not only have to answer to Chaekyung and L, but the whole of Infinite."

"It cannot be!" The fangirls shrieked.

"It is so get used to it!" Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, Jaekyung noona is my beeeeest noona!" Sungjong hooked his arm with hers.

Everyone gasped loudly.

L gazed at Jaekyung softly, still breathing a little hard from the excitement and anger from before. He felt like a whole lot of burden was lifted off his chest and from now onwards, he could talk to her in public. There wasn't anything to hide.

He couldn't keep the smile off his
face just thinking about it.

He used his finger to lift Jaekyung's chin and she slowly lifted her gaze to meet his. She looked scared and lost.

"It's going to be okay." he whispered softly.

And somehow, she believed him