Framed

The Dull One

L glared at Kim Junki from the corner of his eye, hating this guy with passion.

He had never met someone he hated with any greater intensity than this, and this was a lot to say since the rumors that L was cold wasn't exactly wrong.

He didn't warm up to people easily, nor did he hate someone easily. He was the same type as Jaekyung, where some time had to pass before emotions took place.

L never really paid Kim Junki any attention except for the few times he harassed Jaekyung, but hell, few times was enough for him to want to write Kim Junki in the Death note if he had one.

His Manga Doppelgänger would have been insanely mad.

The vibration from his phone made him snap out his evil thoughts. He blinked and dug for his phone, raising his brows at the message.


To: Kim Myungsoo

Stop staring at him. You look like you're in love with him.

From: Lee Jaekyung


L glanced back and saw Jaekyung pretending to read a book. He wouldn't have known she was pretending had there not been a tinge of smile on her lips.

He grinned. He typed a message back immediately.


To: Lee Jaekyung

Wow, is the perfect student Lee Jaekyung using her phone in class? That's a first!

From: Kim Myungsoo


Jaekyung huffed lightly when she read his message and rolled her eyes. She glanced at L who was staring in front and pretending to listen.

She would have thought he was listening attentively to the lecturer had his body not been trembling lightly with his laughter.

Jaekyung wrinkled her nose.


To: Kim Myungsoo

It'll be a first too if the perfect student Lee Jaekyung went over to your desk right now and whacked her book on your head?

From: Lee Jaekyung



L had to bit his lip to contain his laughter this time. He shook his head, amused. *This girl.*


To: Lee Jaekyung

Oh? I really don't mind. I am that important to you huh, using your favorite Pride and Prejudice olden chick-lit book to hit me?
And I really don't mind if you want to reveal our relationship to everyone. *wriggles eyebrows suggestively.*

From: Kim Myungsoo


The message next was short and fast.


To: Kim Myungsoo

WHAT RELATIONSHIP!!!!!

From: Lee Jaekyung


L couldn't take it this time and he let out a laugh. He stopped cold when he realized the class was awfully quiet when he did so, and everyone was now looking at him.

"Myungsoo haksaeng I would prefer if you keep your phone and the private jokes and smiles away till the end of lesson." The lecturer clicked his tongue. "It's quite disturbing to teach when I see one of my students smiling away like a maniac."

L bowed his head in apology and he heard Jaekyung stifle a laugh several seats behind him. He blew a raspberry and wrinkled his nose. *Damn.*







"Eotteohke Seongsaengnim?" Seohyun gasped. "I have to hand up the money by today! Those are my tuition fees!"

The lesson was abruptly halted when a girl in their class, called Seohyun, suddenly squealed out in panic and announced that she had lost a good 200 thousand won from her bag after she came back from break.

The lecturer frowned. "You sure you didn't misplace it, Seohyun?"

Seohyun shook her head, her large eyes watery and looking ready to cry. Her friend, Yuri, spoke up for her.

"You should know Seohyun, Seongsaengnim." Yuri shook her head. "She isn't the type to misplace things. I really think someone stole it."

Everyone gasped and Sunggyu leaned in front in anticipation. Some action instead of plain lessons, just wonderful!

"This is quite a serious offense that you're accusing of, Yuri." the Lecturer Song frowned. "But it really does seem a little unlikely for Seohyun to misplace something. Well..." he seemed to be considering something. "You say you lost it during break, Seohyun?"

Seohyun nodded. "Yeah I still saw it before break and when I returned, it was gone!"

The lecturer turned to look at the class. "Who didn't leave the class during break?"

Everyone looked at each other. Most of the students left the classroom as went to the cafeteria for break. Only one girl remained back in class for break.

Jaekyung shifted uncomfortably when everyone looked at her as her hand rose. "Seongsaengnim, I didn't leave the classroom for break. Only a five minute toilet break." she confessed.

The lecturer frowned. "Is that so?"

"Aha!" Kim Junki grinned. "So she's the one!"

L frowned, annoyed. So what if she stayed behind in class during break? That didn't mean anything. Jaekyung did so everyday.

"Sir, I think it's not fair to say that Lee Jaekyung stole it unless you find the money in her possession." L raised his hand. The class quietened down when he spoke. "And besides, she already said she left the class for a toilet break. Anyone could have come in and taken the money then."

"That's right L oppa!" the girls hurriedly nodded. Sungjong rolled his eyes and resisted the urge to throw eraser dust at them.

"Yes it is so." The lecturer nodded. He smiled at Jaekyung. "I want to clear your name, Jaekyung. Would you mind if I check your bag in front of everyone right now?"

"Not at all." Jaekyung shook her head. She stood up and brought her black bag pack to the front.

The lecturer zipped it open and the first book L saw was Pride and Prejudice. He cracked a smile.

There was nothing in her bag besides books and more books, a few stationery but other than that, it was it.

The lecturer smiled and handed the bag back to her. "You can have it back, Jaekyung." he nodded. "As you can see, Jaekyung didn't-"

"No she did!" Kim Junki blurted.

L whipped around, thoroughly annoyed. He saw that Junki had somehow moved himself to Jaekyung's seat right then and had somehow produced an envelope of cash from under Jaekyung's table.

"Seongsaengnim look what I found!" Junki waved. Seohyun gasped and ran to take it, checking the amount. "It is my money! It even has my writings on the envelope! Where did you find it, Junki?"

Junki smirked and pointed at Jaekyung's table. "Right here. Using a blue tack to paste it to the underneath of the table. Quite ingenious I must say."

Jaekyung's eyes widened and so did L's. She swallowed, not knowing what happened. "I didn't do it." she mouthed.

L nodded. "I know."

"Seongsaengnim you have to punish the thief!" One girl said loudly. "It isn't right for someone like that do walk away unscathed."

"Hey anyone could have pasted it at Jaekyung's desk." Dongwoo frowned.

"It is now found in her possession, of course she stole it!" Junki retorted. "Seongsaengnim!"

The lecturer sighed. He looked at Jaekyung. "Did you do it?"

Jaekyung shook her head.

"Okay. I trust you." The lecturer nodded, whispering softly. "I'll find out who it is. I don't believe it's you either."

He faced the class. "This matter cannot be concluded so easily." he decided. "I will investigate this. If Jaekyung really did this, she will be punished accordingly. But if she didn't, you guys will not sprout anymore nonsense about her being the thief. Understand?"

"Yes Seongsaengnim." the class chorused, rolling their eyes. They believed it was Jaekyung who did it.

Jaekyung, who didn't seem to have new clothes. Jaekyung, who only ate kimchi and rice all the time. Jaekyung, who seemed so poor. She had all the reasons to steal didn't she?

Jaekyung sighed softly. At least L and the lecturer believed her. It was enough.

She looked up and saw L looking at her. "It's going to be okay." he mouthed.

Jaekyung broke a small smile. "I know."

------

But it didn't feel like it.

The other students were laughing and pointing fingers at Jaekyung behind her back.

L really wanted to count this as a strike but the students didn't seem to dare say anything bad about Jaekyung in front of him do he couldn't exactly burst out in anger or anything.

But there was just this phenomenon where there would be whisperings here and there until Jaekyung arrived. People would then look at her and laugh to themselves, obviously laughing about her.

"Jaekyung, you've got to make a stand." Even Sunggyu couldn't take it. "You didn't do it. So defend yourself and tell everyone that."

"They wouldn't believe me even if i did." Jaekyung shrugged. "So what's the use? I don't really care what they think."

"But-" Sungyeol blurted.

"I believe that because I'm innocent, no one can pin this on me." Jaekyung muttered.

She smiled at the boys. "So don't you guys worry too okay?"

L shook his head as he watched her dart off. "Is it me or is she taking this too lightly? If no one admits to stealing the money, this can really result in her getting expelled." Woohyun muttered.

L nodded and clenched his fists tight. "And I'm going to make sure whoever that darn person is, he or she will own up when I have evidence screaming in their face."