Plans

The Dull One

"Chae..." Jaekyung sighed and rubbed her sister's back. "You didn't mean to. Principal Kim is a very nice man, he won't take it to heart."

Chaekyung continued sobbing into her pillow. She had been crying since she returned home and L nearly died with that glare Jaekyung sent him. He quickly explained it to her and she finally calmed down, unclenching her fists in which he had been staring at the whole time while his body was tensed.

Jaekyung sighed as she looked at her sister.

As much as Jaekyung loved loved loved her sister, she knew her sister had a lot of flaws here and there.

1. She was chirpy. TOO chirpy and loud. Especially on the days when you got a headache or something and she would come along blabbering non stop into your ear....you would really feel like crashing a beer glass down her head.

2. She was too naive. She imagined everything to be good, nice and perfect. Perhaps it was the way Jaekyung had protected her, the way she was pretty and hence everything went well for her, Chaekyung had an overly positive attitude towards like and sometimes it was unrealistic. And here Jaekyung would have to catch her when she fell.

3. She was dense. Slow. Not sensitive. She wouldn't even see a dinosaur parading in the house with a bikini unless you pointed it to her. Which was why she would sometimes hurt Jaekyung, or take a little too much without giving and she would have no idea about it.

And lastly,

4. She was one hell of a trouble maker.

Jaekyung sighed, shaking her head. Her sister was the clumsiest person on earth, someone that could get into the Guiness world records for it. She tripped even when there wasn't a step and she wasn't wearing shoes with laces, she could forget the kettle and let the water soak through the wooden table top.

She could fall out of the window even if it was closed, trust me.

And now this flaw of Chaekyung had hurt her badly and Jaekyung hated to see her cry. She couldn't exactly say it wasn't Chaekyung's fault either, she was the one who broke the vase, there was no way of putting it in a way that was anymore truthful.

She had to learn to face up to what she did and continue smiling.

"Chae, do you want me to call Kim Myungsoo?" Jaekyung didn't think she would say that since L was the last person she would think of, but seeing the circumstances, she thought it was best that she called him.

"No." Chaekyung shook her head. "I don't want him to worry. I already broke his father's vase, I don't want to trouble him anymore. I'll be fine, unnie. Just let me cry tonight and I'll be okay tomorrow."

-----

She wasn't.

Chaekyung looked positively dead the next morning and lifeless as she went about her Sunday activities. The family went out to the beach and Chaekyung looked so dead, even though she used to love the sun and sea.

Jaekyung felt pained to see her that way and wanted terribly for Chaekyung to return to her own self. Hence, she had come up with a plan the very next day.

"Come on, you've got to help me." Jaekyung pleaded. "Don't you want to see her happy again?"

L blinked at her and scratched his head. "I didn't say I wouldn't help." he muttered. "But how are you going to do this? I can't tell her that it's okay because it's not. My father has been staring at the broken pieces these few nights and I feel terrible for him. I can't lie, Lee Jaekyung."

Jaekyung flinched. "I'm not asking you to." she bit her lip. "I'm just hoping that there would be a way to make things better."

L sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. To be completely honest, he knew he should have called.

He should have called when he knew Chaekyung was the type of crybaby who would cry the entire day because of the incident. As the boyfriend, he should have called to comfort her.

But he couldn't do it. He couldn't fake the concern when he didn't feel it, the empathy when he felt she was at wrong. He didn't like her being sad, but then he didn't like anyone being sad.

It was this huge dilemma for him between a good boyfriend and a morally upright person and he chose the latter. He would let her learn her own mistakes.

"Jaekyung," L muttered. "I understand what you're saying. But-"

"Please?" Jaekyung cut in, looking at him earnestly. "I really don't want her to be unhappy and she's been nothing but that for these past few days. The vase had been broken a good three days ago and i still hear her crying about it. I think she feels worse because you haven't been showing much concern for her and she thinks it is her fault."

*It is.* L sulked.

"It'll feel better if her boyfriend understands. She doesn't want that to happen, she didn't mean for it to." Jaekyung pleaded. "Accidents happen, Kim Myungsoo. Don't let her cry over something like that, please?"

L looked at her, the way her eyes were seeking his in this adorable manner that he guessed she didn't know she was looking. The way her brows would raise and she would nod at him, urging him to agree, almost looking like a child wanting an ice lolly.

It was beyond cute.

"Fine." L finally relented. "We'll think of some way to cheer her up. And some way to cheer my father up." he muttered. "Both at the same time."

Jaekyung broke into a large smile. "THANK YOU!" she nearly threw her hands around him but quickly clasped her hands behind her back. "We have to bring the sunniest smile to her face!" she punched the air.

L couldn't help but smile. *Babo.*

 

 

 

"So where are we going again?" Sungjong struggled to keep up. "Jaekyung noona, is there a special occasion?"

Jaekyung looked at L to explain and he did. He explained what had happened, which most of the Infinite members were already aware of except for Dongwoo who had fallen asleep the first time he said it, and about their plan to cheer both Chaekyung and Mr Kim up at the same time.

"Chaekyung, that's easy." Woohyun muttered. "I can ask Yoomi how to do it, or even better we have her sister right here. That shouldn't go wrong. Give her some ice cream and waffles and a kiss on the cheek and I promise you her smile would light up the entire world."

L cringed at the thought. No no.

"How about your father, L?" Sunggyu asked. "We can't just throw a party for Principal Kim. That would be too weird."

L tapped his chin. "I think what appa needs to do is let go of the broken pieces and create a new one. So he needs to get over this first, and the way to do it is to accept Chaekyung's apology. And Chaekyung needs to apologize." he explained. "She needs for my father to accept it so that she can be happy again. It works both ways."

Sungyeol stared at L and punched his shoulder. "You freaking psychologist!" he grinned.

"The problem here is that it's kind of difficult to apologize and difficult for your father to accept the apology genuinely." Hoya pointed out. "Chaekyung looks like the type of person who can't talk seriously while your father's too nice. He would appear to accept the apology but maybe he isn't really letting it go inside."

"So that's why we have to make them talk without talking." Jaekyung grinned at the boys. "And I need you boys to help."

-----

"I thought the ice cream waffles idea was out of question." Dongwoo scratched his head. "So why are we buying these again?"

L rolled his eyes at his hyung. This guy needed to be told like a gazillion times about something before he finally got it. "We need to cheer Chaekyung up enough for her to be willing to do something about the mistake. She's too upset right now and all she does is moan and groan and wallow in her sadness." he pointed out. "So make her come out and listen to our advice, and BAM, problem solved." he grinned.

"That came from Jaekyung right?" Dongwoo raised his brows. L made a face and elbowed his hyung. "Half of it was mine, okay?"

Dongwoo rubbed his tummy and scowled at L who walked away. "Chummy." he muttered.

The Infinite boys were having a time of their lives at the supermarket. Yes, being dorky as hell, they could find entertainment in any single thing and even in the supermarket. They were even having a race to see who can pick up a list of items the fastest and loser has to treat ice cream.

"Where is the wasabi seaweed!!!!" Sungyeol shrieked. "AHJUMA you got to help me find it! I don't have money for Ben and Jerry's!" he rushed around with the shopping cart.

"Hey no cheating!" Hoya yelled. "You can't ask ahjumas to help!"

Sunggyu poked his head from above a shelf to glare at Hoya. "Are you saying you can ask Ahjusshi's then? Because i swear I saw you talking to the ahjusshi over there." he pointed.

Hoya pinked and he quickly darted away with his shopping cart.

Jaekyung and L shook their heads, amused while they were the ones who were shopping seriously. They were getting all of Chaekyung's favorite food and also some extra ingredients for a little surprise.

Jaekyung expertly chose the right flour and dough, the right pack of chocolate chips, the right colouring, the right yeast... L raised his brows at her. "You look like some cooking expert."

Jaekyung pretended to toss her hair. "Tell me about it." she grinned cockily.

L rolled his eyes and bumped her shoulders, laughing. "Dork." he chuckled. He looked down at her cart full of items. "You sure you know what you're getting?" he eyed some packs of stuff that were written in english and he couldn't even understand it.

"I know, don't worry." Jaekyung strolled casually and got items from her list, looking confident and calm. L smiled as he followed behind her, watching her pick her cooking utensils. This girl knew her stuff.

He wondered if this was how it would feel if he got married one day, shopping for groceries with his wife. He liked this feeling. He liked it a lot.

He saw Jaekyung stop as she considered two different brands of whipped cream and his gaze softened. She was trying so hard for her sister.

"If there's a Guinness world record for the Best Sister," he whispered. "I think you'd get it, Lee Jaekyung."

 

 

----

 

Hey I'm back :)

I guess some of you didn't read my letter to you guys I posted the last chapter. It was a letter plus my informing you guys that I was going overseas. I'm now back. YAY.

Anyway, I just really wanted to thank you guys for all the support here, in case you guys don't read my blog.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that I won the Author of the Year awards when I came back from my trip! Oh my goodness. And not only that, but Story of the Year and also Best Original Character Byul from My Bodyguard Princess! LE FAINTS. Where did you guys get all this info anyway!

I never expected any of this and just...THANK YOU. I can't thank you guys enough.

Thank you for all your support through these days and I will continue writing more and hopefully, better stories.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.