My Prince Charming

The Dull One

"Kyaah Myungsoo oppa are you really Principal Kim's son? That's so cool!" girls surrounded L's table at break.

Jaekyung rolled her eyes inwardly as she opened her bag. She got out her bento that her mother packed, kimchi and rice.

You might be mistaken that the Lee family was poor, but no. In fact the Lee family was an above average family that can afford pretty good stuff.

So why weren't there anything else besides Kimchi and rice in Jaekyung's bento? Yup, she secretly transferred all the good stuff over to Chaekyung's bento in the morning.

In fact in ALL the mornings.

Jaekyung didn't mind though. She wanted the very best for her sister, and she would give whatever she could.

Mrs Lee often told her that she didn't need to sacrifice herself for Chaekyung, always, but Jaekyung just wanted to. Insisted to.

Jaekyung glanced at L and saw the girls surrounding him, like they always did for the Infinite boys. She didn't like it.

So what if you have a face that's superior compared to normal people? It didn't mean you're specially kind or talented and it didn't tell any about your moral values.

For all she knew L could be the hottest and cutest guy in school and as well a a cheater.

Jaekyung wrinkled her nose and rolled her eyes. "Don't the girls have better things to do?" she murmured to herself.

L didn't pay attention to the wallflower at the corner of the class. I mean she was a wallflower after all.

Instead he was trying to fend off the advances that were aiming at him from all directions and all people, even from the boys. Some of the boys hoped that if they could get into L's good books, they could perhaps get closer to Infinite as well and maybe even join the Jjang group. What a wonderful but at the same time foolish idea.

Like just anyone could join Infinite...

"Let's go to the cafeteria." Sunggyu muttered. "Go there before L gets buried by these girls and we can't even make our way there."

Woohyun nodded and he led the rest of the Infinite boys out of the classroom. L had to be escorted by Sungyeol and Hoya at both his sides to make sure the girls didn't push him or claw at him.

"You really are the face of Infinite, L hyung." Sungjong muttered. "Oh gosh the girls don't ever greet us with this much enthusiasm."

L shuddered. "I hope this is just temporary. If this goes on for the rest of the year I might really consider transferring out of here. Like seriously."

The Infinite boys made their way to the cafeteria and there was a table right in the middle that was empty. Despite the other tables being filled to the brim with students, none of the others dared to sit at that holy sacred table that was reserved solely for the jjangs.

Perhaps it was just this sort of superior treatment that led to Jaekyung's negative attitude towards the Infinite boys as well. She didn't think it was fair to treat someone specially when everyone was the same.

The Infinite boys sat down at their table and got out their bentos. They shat brought food instead of buying from the sole store in the cafeteria, and besides, their fangirls provide really good lunch boxes.

The boys opened their lunch boxes and dug in with gusto, while Woohyun kept tapping his fingers on the table and looking around impatiently.

L raised his brows. "Isn't Woohyun hyung going to eat?" he asked curiously.

Sungyeol shook his head, not even bothering to raise his gaze from his bento. "No. It's a common sight, don't bother about him." he said in a muffled voice from all the food in his mouth. "Woohyun hyung's waiting for his girlfriend."

L chuckled softly and shook his head. "Whipped."

"Hey." Woohyun frowned as he caught their conversation. "I am most definitely not- Yoomi! I'm here!" he stood up suddenly and waved.

A cute innocent looking girl blinked in their direction and a bright smile broke on her face. "Woohyun oppa." she beamed as she arrived at their side.

"Hey." Woohyun smiled tenderly and fixed her hair. "Had a good day at math?"

Yoomi's face contorted in disgust. "Math." she grimaced. "Nah." Woohyun pecked her nose and squished her cheeks. "You can do better in music class and biology later." he comforted.

L opened his mouth to speak and Sungyeol cut him off. "Yes he memorized her timetable as well. Whipped, I know."

L laughed softly and wondered vaguely if he would ever get this xinfatuated and in love with a girl. He didn't think he could. He couldn't imagine it happening.

Lunch went on with laughter and chatter and L couldn't help but feel how he missed his dear friends. How had he even survived three years overseas again?

He offered to clear their wooden disposable chopsticks and plastic cups and went to the nearby dustbin to throw the trash away. Just as he turned around to return to the table, he bumped into a girl that was also walking to the trash can.

She fell backwards and L quickly reached out to grab onto her wrist to prevent her from crashing onto the ground. Instead, she crashed into his chest and L smelt the faint scent of roses and something sweet.

"Omo! Mianhae!" the girl bowed, embarrassed.

"It's okay." L nodded. The girl lifted her head to smile at him and her eyes widened in recognition, her cheeks instantly flushing pink.

*Well I think she knows me.* L blinked. *Well she is quite cute, at least she doesn't scream around me. I'm grateful for that.*

L gave a small smile and made his way back to the Infinite boys. To his confusion, they were all looking at him suggestively and wriggling their brows.

"What?" L asked, confused.

Hoya rolled his eyes. "Oh man did this guy just ask that? Man, that was Lee Chaekyung!" he gestured wildly. "Don't tell me you didn't feel attracted to her?"

"Who?" L looked back at the girl he bumped into. She was looking at him with flushed cheeks. She gave a small smile and he returned it out of politeness. "That girl?"

"Yes that girl." Sunggyu nodded. "She's the most sought for girl in this school you know, even though she's younger than us by two years, a log of seniors are courting her as well." he elbowed Woohyun beside him.

"Even this guy here." he grinned.

Woohyun turned red and hissed, looking to see where Yoomi was. Thankfully his girlfriend wasn't near enough to hear what they said.

"Aish, I was a playboy okay?" he clarified. "And that was when I got to know Yoomi, everything changed after that." he softened. He cleared his throat and straightened his expression. "Well but other than that yeah, she's really popular."

"And it looks like the Woollim princess has the hots for you." Dongwoo teased. "She's still blushing."

L didn't look back again as he sipped his water. "She's okay." he nodded.

Cute, pretty. Yeah.

But L highly suspected that he would forget about her when he got home.







"Unnieeeeee!!" Chaekyung squealed when Jaekyung got home. "Unnie I think I'm in love!"

Jaekyung froze on the spot and felt her blood run cold. "What?" she whipped herself around. "Who?"

"This new guy in school." Chaekyung giggled dreamily. "He's called L. I don't know his real name though."

"L?" Jaekyung snorted. What sort of name is that? "I don't think I know any L. There's this new guy in class today but he isn't called L." she said his name as if it disgusted her.

"Unnie don't be like this!" Chaekyung whined. "When I first saw L today in the hallway, I felt that oomphf! I really felt it!" she squealed. "He's so heavenly looking and he saves me from falling."

"Well any guy out there would save you from falling." Jaekyung pointed out. "And if they didn't you better not consider them at all."

Chaekyung pouted. "Unnie I really think be might be The One." she sighed dreamily. "I really really like him."

"Chaekyung," Jaekyung sighed. "It's just been a day. And you don't know him that well. What If he hurts you in the future or something?"

"Arraso." Chaekyung nodded. "I know you're concerned but just give me this chance to pursue my happiness oh?" she smiled. "I can't conclude that he's real nice but you can't conclude he's scum either. Let's give him the benefit of doubt."

"Fine." Jaekyung sighed heavily.

She watched as Chaekyung danced off, singing something like "My Prince Charming" or something of the likes.

Jaekyung shook her head. "Don't get hurt, Chaekyung. I'll blame myself if I don't manage to save you from it." she whispered.