Preparation

The Dull One

"Are you that weak? Man I feel so humiliated. You're the leader for goodness sake!" Hoya retorted.

Sunggyu shot Hoya a look and scowled deeply. "At least I'm not the one with a flower for my name!" Sunggyu snapped as he tried to haul the boxes of supplies. "Are you going to help me or not!"

"Coming." Hoya rolled his eyes and picked the box from Sunggyu's hands easily. He stalked off as if he wasn't carrying anything at all while Sunggyu scoffed. "Show off."

"HEARD THAT!" Hoya hollered from the front.

Sunggyu made a face and carried the other lighter supplies, cursing all the way.

The entire school was involved in this fundraiser that was to be held this coming Saturday. Principal Kim was all in and even volunteered to pay for the things they were going to sell from his own pockets. Jaekyung and L had been staying back every single day to plan for the event, going home late and worn out.

They were going to make this event an ultimate success.

The entrance tickets were already on for sale to the public and a good 65% was already sold, and Jaekyung foresaw more spontaneous visitors when they passed by the fiesty place on Saturday.

The students were doing last minute adjustments to their booths and to spur things on, Principal Kim even had a little interclass competition where the class booth that was able to raise the most money would be able to get a prize.

"From this experience," Dongwoo clicked his tongue. "We can safely say that Lee Sungyeol has not a single artsy bone in his body. None." he shook his head.

Sungyeol scowled and flicked paint at his hyung. "Hey! I'm trying my best okay!" he huffed. He looked down at the flower he was trying to paint and grimaced. Gosh was it that hard to draw five equal sized petals?

"You won't be able to sell that." Dongwoo told him grimly.

Sungyeol made a face. "I  won't be able to sell it for the looks, but I'll be able to sell it with my charming good looks and marvelous ability to convince the human mind." he smirked.

"You do that." Dongwoo nodded. "And help Hoya and Sungjong sell theirs too. No one would ever buy theirs."

"HEY!" both boys hollered from the other end of the class room.

Infinite and Jaekyung's class were going to sell handmade craft cards and photoframes. It seemed like an easy idea at first, but seeing how many people were lacking in their art skills, it seemed like an awful challenge.

L could do okay with drawing as long as he had something to follow. He picked up on of Jaekyung's finished drawings and raised his brows, impressed, letting out a low whistle. "Wow."

Jaekyung looked over at him and saw what he was looking at. "What? Know I'm Picasso's reincarnation now?" Jaekyung laughed, shaking her head as she cut some of the colored paper.

"Meh, not till THAT extent." L made a face. "You just you know...can draw. Very well." he muttered, pouting. Jaekyung shook her head and continued, smiling lightly.

L crept away with the card she finished and Jaekyung called out, not even looking up. "Where are you going with the card I finished?"

L stopped in his tracks. "Uhh...." he slowly turned around. "Referencing purposes?" he grinned sheepishly.

"Picasso, aren't I?" Jaekyung laughed. "Admit it!"

"No!" L ran to the other end of the hall. "NEVER!~"

The Infinite members were helping to decorate the booths right then. They obviously weren't meant to do anything meticulous hence they were good use to lift heavy stuff. Their class booth was right in the centre of the whole fair, and the Infinite boys had a good mind to attract most customers.

The booth was turning out pretty nicely. With pastel colours and all, the booth looked really sweet and just the place to sell handmade craft.

L laughed while his friends bickered on and he sat down on the ground, trying to follow Jaekyung's . She drew a cute kitten just with pencil. In fact it looked like the kitten in the school.

But well, she had captured the kitten's spirit especially in the eyes. They shone playfully, as if it was really a cat looking right back at you.

L tried to follow her drawing, by . He got the general outline and started filling the colours, but no matter how many times he drew the eyes, his was just really different from the ones she drew.

"Looks like writing isn't the only thing she's good at." L murmured to himself.

"L oppa? Did you draw that? It's so cute!"

L looked up to see Chaekyung beaming at him. He blinked in surprise and saw that she and her friend had arrived at their booth to check it out.

"Why the hell are oppas trying to decorate the booth?" Soomi rolled her eyes. "As long as the seven of you stand right in front of the booth to promote your items, I give you two hours max. You'll be able to clear everything."

"True!" Woohyun grinned. "That was well said!!!" Yoomi shook her head, laughing and picked up a random card. She grimaced at the amateur drawing and gagged. "I think you'll need a lot of persausive skills if you want to sell things like this."

"Hey!" Woohyun pouted as he scooted over to her side. "I drew that one!"

He pointed. "Don't you see? It's supposed to be a really romantic setting. This is at the beach and this is a boy and this is a girl. They're supposed to be us you see?" he grinned.

Yoomi burst in laughter and choked. "So this green stuff is the tree and these two circles and the bunch of lines are supposed to be us?" she giggled. "Oh oppa.."

Chaekyung plopped herself next to L, a little too close for his comfort. She leaned over to look at his drawings. "You drew this? It's amazing L oppa I never knew you could draw so well." she giggled.

"Oh this?" L made a face at the card Chaekyung was holding. "That's made by your sister."

"Oh unnie?" Chaekyung nodded. "Should have known." she nodded, recognizing her sister's art. She looked at his version of the kitten. "Well yours doesn't look too bad either, L oppa." she cheered.

"Well yeah if you didn't see hers." L chuckled softly. He took Jaekyung's card from her hands and gazed at it softly. "Hell, I'll never be able to beat this picasso's reincarnation."

"Picasso's reincarnation?" Chaekyung let out a laugh. "That's cute, L oppa."

L shrugged, smiling. He cocked his head, scrutinizing her drawing. *I'll prove this Picasso wrong. I'll make a card nicer than hers.* he grinned.

 

 

 

L got home and he dumped a few cards on the table. He had snuck a few from Jaekyung's completed stack when she wasn't looking and brought them home with him.

He shuffled through her completed pieces and shook his head. "Wow this girl's pretty amazing." he murmured, his brows furrowing.

He got to one of the last cards. It had a few paper flower pressings that looked really special, not anything seen before. The colour schemes she chose were always pleasant to the eye, cute and pretty.

L stared at the card for an unnecessarily long period of time and scratched his head. "This card looks....familiar." he muttered.

He frowned, wondering where in the world he had seen it before.

His eyes widened and he got up from his seat, striding to his drawer. He opened it and got on the first card on the top, a pretty pink card that a certain girl had made for him.

"Hey." L frowned at the flower pressings on Chaekyung's "card." "Didn't Chaekyung make this? But the flower pressings..." he looked back at the one he stole from Jaekyung. "They look the same."

L scratched his head. "And Chaekyung told me she wasn't good at art."

He looked back at the confession letter Chaekyung had given him. "Did Lee Jaekyung make this for her sister as well?" he murmured, deep in thought.

-----

"Hey I've got to talk to you."

Jaekyung didn't bother to look up as she crossed out the items on the To-Do list. "Are you dumb? The fair is going to start in half an hour. We don't have time to talk."

L frowned and pulled her arm. "We have if we want to. I want to talk to you." he insisted. "Can you follow me please? Or I'll drag you along, not minding at all if you scream the whole way. I mean it."

Jaekyung sighed and nodded, putting down her things. No one thought anything was wrong when the two went off together, thinking it was natural since they were supposed to be the main planning heads of the entire event. They must have had a lot of things to do.

L pulled Jaekyung into one of the empty classrooms and sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. Jaekyung looked at him expectantly. "So?"

L bit his lip, shuffling over to her. "I need some explanation. I know it's a little stupid to dwell over this but I've been thinking about it all night..."

Blinking curiously, Jaekyung unconsciously leaned in closer. "What?"

"Well this." L pulled out the two cards. "Can you explain?"

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes and drew in a sharp breath when she saw the confession letter she had made for Chaekyung when she wanted to confess to L, and also the card she had done the previous day. So this was where it went...

Jaekyung gulped when she realized she used her special pressed paper flowers for both cards and mentally smacked herself. How could she be so careless!

"W-why?" Jaekyung her lips nervously. "What's wrong besides the fact that you stole this card I made?"

L didn't flinch. "That's not the problem. Can't you see? You made these two cards didn't you?" he asked. "Chaekyung's confession letter, you made it." he stared at her.

Jaekyung shifted uncomfortably. "I didn't okay?" she fibbed. "She made it meticulously and putting in all her effort and-"

"Don't lie." L cut off. "You're a terrible liar. I can see right through you." he sighed. "I just want to know who made this card, is it that difficult to answer?"

Jaekyung stared at the ground and kept shut. .

"Lee Jaekyung." L warned.

Jaekyung let out a sigh and blew on her bangs. "I made it." she muttered in a small voice. "Chaekyung wanted to confess to you and she said her art wasn't good enough. So I made the card."

Her head flew up and she looked at him earnestly. "But don't you dare doubt what she wrote in it okay? She meant every word and she wrote it herself!" she told him. "She really likes you!"

Sighing, L nodded. "I know." he looked down at the card but couldn't help but feel a little betrayed. If you liked the guy, shouldn't you make the confession card for him by yourself? No matter how ugly it was?

"Well don't let a simple card get to you." Jaekyung mumbled. "She likes you, that's all that matters."

She wagged her finger at him. "And don't you dare let her know you know she didn't make this." she pointed to the confession card. "She'd be upset."

"I won't." L promised. "Nothing will change. I just..." he stared at the two cards. "I just needed to know."

"Good." Jaekyung nodded and walked off, busying herself with the upcoming event.

L stared at where she went and closed his eyes a while later, not knowing why he felt mentally drained. "I just really needed to know. And I have no idea why."