Fundraiser

The Dull One

RE-UPDATED (Please read bottom of chapter, important)

L read and reread the article with a wide smile on his face. The article which he and Jaekyung had written on the Abandonment of Animals had just been printed in the latest issue of the Newsletter.

He smiled, wondering how his name would look like if he wrote the front page news for The Seoul Times or something.

He felt particularly pleased with that particular article because Jaekyung and he didn't fight much for that one. Even though she might have nagged at him or wasn't afraid to show how she didn't really like him, he could tell she trusted his skills and talent.

And that made L glad and satisfied. To know he had somehow gained her recognition even though she didn't like him.

Made the feeling all the more sweeter.

"Hey, whatcha reading?" Sungyeol plopped himself next to L and sling his arm around the latter's shoulder.

L showed him the newsletter. "Oooh abandoning pets? Don't worry L I won't ever abandon you." Sungyeol patted his shoulder assuringly.

L rolled his eyes. "First you say we have some sort of relationship going on and now you say I'm your pet?" he retorted. "Can't I be your human friend?"

"No. That's too ordinary." Sungyeol sang.

Sunggyu grabbed the newsletter and read it briefly. "Hey this is rather well written. You and Lee Jaekyung huh?" he grinned. "Sorry for thinking you weren't a good boyfriend."

L shrugged. "I'm not a good boyfriend. I'm just not a bad one." he clarified. "I haven't gotten the hang of this dating business yet." he admitted.

"Really?" Hoya asked in surprise. "It's nearly been two weeks since you two got together."

"Yeah but we don't have things to talk about." L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "I mean, I don't. Chaekyung has. She can blabber on forever and there will never be silence between us. But that's not a conversation you know?"

"Well just treat it as you're lending her your listening ear or something." Sungjong pointed out. "It's not a bad thing."

"Perhaps." L shrugged and looked a the ground. "I don't know why but I feel stressed in this relationship. It's my first one, and it's under such limelight. Besides, Chaekyung may look all bubbly but I'm afraid i'll hurt her because honestly? I don't really know her all that well."

"." Woohyun chuckled softly. "But hey when you're in Infinite, any relationship you're in will be in the limelight. No avoiding that."

"Yeah and of you think you don't know Chaekyung well enough, you can spend more time with her and learn more then." Dongwoo suggested. "The way for couples to withstand time is to bond and give in."

L pouted. "Arraso." he mumbled. He didn't know why but he really really felt stressed in this.

Not only the spotlight thing. He hadn't told his friends everything yet.

Because till now he still hadn't figured what the hell it is that he felt for Lee Chaekyung.

Was he supposed to feel his heart racing, the butterflies in his tummy, the exhilaration when she was near? Or were they just fictional, something in chick-lit to appeal to the romanticism so yearned by the teenage girls everywhere?

Did he like her? Love her? Mere fancy? Eye candy?

Heck there were so many types of affection out there and he wasn't sure he even belonged in any of them.

And it didn't help that Chaekyung's eyes always brightened at the sight of him. It was like he was the only one she saw and the reason she breathed, the reason she lived.

Not something so dramatic of course, but the way her face lighted up at his appearance told him that he meant something to her.

And he just couldn't recreate that same exhilaration when he saw her. The stress from knowing she likes you and you weren't sure if you did, the stress from trying to like her, it was suffocating.

And not only that, came the stress from Jaekyung. She didn't specifically tell him she would break his neck if he mistreated Chaekyung, but he could tell he meant it.

And as much as they didn't seem to get along, he didn't want to disappoint her. He knew she thought jjangs were scumbags from her past experiences, and he didn't even want to think about what other people had done to her for her to think that way.

He wanted to prove her wrong. To show her, hey a Jjang can be a great and caring boyfriend too.

But he was having a hard time trying to prove her wrong when he couldn't even be sure of his own feelings. If he couldn't honestly say "I love you" truthfully to his girlfriend, no matter what he does on the outside, it would be worthless wouldn't it?

"Aish Kim Myungsoo." L muttered to himself. "Are you really as cold blooded as people say you are? Why aren't you falling in love like you should be?"

 

 

 

L made it a point to drop by Chaekyung's class afterwards before he went to the Newsletter Meeting. She looked absolutely delighted to see him and L thought to himself, "Hey look, this is a cute girl that likes you. So like her back, is it that hard??"

As Chaekyung clung to his arm and told him about her day with smiles and beams, L thought that perhaps it wouldn't be that difficult after all. To fall in love.

Oh L, it wasn't difficult to fall in love at all. Just, with the right one.

Moving on, L bid goodbye to Chaekyung since she was going out with her friends and rolled his eyes at Woohyun who begged to go with them because he wanted to bring Yoomi out to one of the newly opened cafes. But girl's day out was as that, and no matter how many hearts Namstar threw, there just wasn't any effect.

L elbowed his hyung who seemed utterly disappointed that he wasn't going to spend the day with his girlfriend and L snickered. "Get your own life, hyung. Yoomi isn't everything."

"Hell yeah she is." Woohyun huffed. "I might be able to breathe and move and eat without her but I wouldn't be really living you know?" he shrugged. He eyed L. "Nah guess you don't know yet. You and Chaekyung have some way to go before feeling that way."

L watched as Woohun sauntered off with his hands in his pockets and he frowned to himself. "Will we ever?" he murmured thoughtfully.

-----

"So, today's emergency meeting is held because there's been an overwhelming response over the cover article today, even though the newsletter has just been given out." Teacher Jung clapped her hands excitedly. "It's all Myungsoo haksaeng's good job!"

L glanced at Jaekyung who stiffened. "And Jaekyung of course." he quickly added.

"Yeah yeah." Teacher Jung nodded distractedly. "We didn't know just how this topic had resonated within the student body, striking a chord within them. The responses at the school's forum was overwhelming! The server actually crashed for a good fifteen minutes just now!"

Jaekyung and L raised their brows, surprised. "Wow really?" Yoseob gaped. "I never thought people actually read the thing."

"No wonder your writing always seemed so flimsy floppy." Teacher Jung tsked. "Whatever. So now the problem is that many of the students are asking for something they can do for the abandoned animals. I called the IAKA to ask them how we can help, by volunteering would be one way."

"But I don't think it's that effective, isn't it? It's just a one day thing,  you don't help the animals much." Krystal tapped her chin.

"True." Jessica nodded. "We should help the pets find owners. Or fund her food or something. So that the IAKA won't run out of supplies for them and have to result to mercy killing some of them. Poor cats." she sniffled.

Jaekyung's mind ran through the possibilities and her eyes twinkled. "How about a fundraiser?"

All eyes turned to her.

"IAKA's low on funds." Jaekyung shrugged. "Director Shin tells me every time I go there but as a charity organisation, they can't get enough money to fund the animals. Especially hiring vets for the injured ones. The cost is massive."

"How are we supposed to hold the fundraiser then?" Teacher Jung asked, interested.

"It can be held here at our school, at the parade square." L suggested. "We can even hold it just this Saturday. Appa- I mean, Principal Kim has connections to few supplies so we can get things cheap. Maybe have every class set up a booth or something and we'll sell entrance tickets for 5000 won."

"Yeah we can have fortune telling booths, games, food and drinks," Jaekyung grinned, getting excited. "And maybe even bring some of the animals there on that day for the public to interact with them. Not to mention a booth especially for IAKA."

"What do you think, Seongsaengnim?" L asked, smiling. "It sounds like a great plan."

"Agreed!" Kikwang nodded. "I don't mind dancing b-boy performances while Yoseob sings."

"Marvellous." Teacher Jung clapped. "We will hold the fundraiser event as soon as I get Principal Kim's approval. I don't think he would disagree though. This Saturday seems a little rush, perhaps the next? We have to give the students time to plan their class booths as well."

She smiled. "Wow I'm getting excited!" she gushed. "So now Jaekyung and Myungsoo are definitely the heads for this one since it all started from their article. Think you two can manage this?"

Jaekyung and L glanced at each other.

Jaekyung made a face at him and L made an even uglier one back. He turned to Teacher Jung and smiled. "No probs."

 

 

-----

Hello! It's the Christmas Season and I've prepared a special gift for my readers :) At least, the ones reading this fic.

The Dull One side story CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [CLICK]

Happy Holidays!!

 

 

-----

I'm not too sure what is happening right now haha but a moderator contacted me and asked me to endorse a blog. I think it means spreading it around and I'm given this link so you guys check it out?

Apparently there's going to be an AFF awards this year and I think it's official. A mod contacted me and told me that so....it's most likely official? Haha sorry if I sound a little skeptical.

So here it is:

AFF AWARDS 2012