L

The Dull One

L looked at himself in the mirror and cocked his head to the side as he took in his appearance. He was finally wearing the uniform from Woollim High school.

tumblr_m2t81tiSti1qb9sxko1_500.png

 

Although the school was his father's and he thought he would eventually enroll in there someday, he hadn't actually had a chance to be a Woollim High School student until his grandmother back in the United States had been diagnosed with cancer.

Being the filial grandson he was, L took his father's place to fly to US to spend the last few years with his grandmother.

She had passed away a month ago and L took care of everything, from the funeral to newspaper reports, and he was finally finally back in Seoul, his home town.

As L watched himself in his uniform, he couldn't help but feel a tinge of melancholy. He could have, should have, spent the last three years in his father's school. He wanted to be there, he wanted so enjoy the premium education in which his father had aimed to provide.

On the other hand, he didn't want to wear it. Because it all but reminded him that his grandmother was dead because that was the only reason why he could come back.

There came a knock on his door and L quickly wiped away a lone tear that managed to make it's way down his cheeks. He glanced at the wetness on his finger and grew horrified at himself. Darn, he was such a softie.

"Ready for school?" Mrs Kim chuckled at her son. L shrugged. "More than anything."

"Good." Mrs Kim mused. "Because you better be ready for the enthusiasm downstairs."

L rose his brows and heard shrieks downstairs and he instantly rolled his eyes. "Oh goodness." He climbed down the stairs and the shrieks immediately intensified. "MYUNGSOOOOOOO~~~~~"

Six of his bestest best friends ran towards him and engulfed him in a massive group hug. "L you punk, do you have to grow even more good looking?" Woohyun punched his arm in a friendly manner. "Damn, the girls won't even glance my way with you around."

"More like you won't even care if they look at you." Dongwoo retorted. "You'll only ever care about Yoomi."

Woohyun's cheeks pinked and he swallowed. "What? I love my girlfriend okay? Do I deserve to die?" he pouted. L blinked in surprise and raised his brows at Sunggyu. "Hyung I really didn't believe you when you said Woohyun hyung's whipped." he looked back at Woohyun. "He really is."

Woohyun elbowed Sunggyu, hard. "What have you gone around telling other people about me huh huh?"

"Nothing!" Sunggyu protested. "Nothing but the truth!!!"

On the other hand, Sungyeol hadn't let go of L let and the latter was finding hard to breathe. "Hyung, I know you miss me and everything, but if you continue with this act I really doubt your ual preference." L told Sungyeol seriously.

Sungyeol pouted and finally let go off L. "Who said anything about missing you?"

"He really does." Sungjong pointed out. "Whines about it all the time."

"Excuse me?" Sungyeol blinked. "I DO NOT whine." he thought about it for a while. "Maybe a little though."

Dongwoo slung an arm around L and grinned. "But everything's great now. All seven of us are together for the last year of High school." he squeezed L's shoulders. "Ready, mate?"

"Sure why not?" L smirked.

 

 

 

"Wow." L gulped. "Okay, this is even scarier than in the states."

The Infinite boys were weaving through the crowd as they moved towards the hallway. The crowd of fangirls were flocking towards them like usual, but there was a tinge of new interest that morning because of an appearance of a new handsome lad in their group.

And word leaked that he had stepped out of Principal Kim's car and was Principal Kim's son. Rich and handsome, quite the catch.

"Hi! What is your name?" A girl popped in front of L and smiled brightly at him.

"Uh..." L swallowed. "L."

"ELLLLLL!!!" she screeched. "You're so good-looking ELLLLL!!!!"

L felt faint and he quickly side stepped the girl before she faint right in front of him. He raised his brows at Sungyeol who had the same type of treatment from the girls. In fact the Infinite members were all being bombarded by girls with such ultimate intensity.

"I never really believed when you said you guys were really popular in school." L hissed. "I think you phrased it wrongly. It's insanely popular."

Sungyeol laughed. "Get used to this. It's only going to get worse." he chuckled.

As the Infinite boys walked past the hallway, Chaekyung was there collecting her books as well. She smiled politely at her male suitors and knew the exact moment Infinite arrived. However that morning's female shrieks were more than usual and much more high pitched.

"Hey your boyfriend's here." Bomi elbowed Yoomi. Yoomi brightened and waved at Woohyun who grinned back.

"Who's that new hottie in Infinite?" Soomi asked Chaekyung. Her eyes ran L from head to toe. "Wow okay. He's hot. Capital H for Hot." she fanned herself.

"Don't over react, Soomi." Chaekyung laughed as she looked over to the boys. "I doubt he'd be as...." she faltered. Her eyes landed on L as he was whispering something to Sungyeol and he made a face at his friend.

He quickly righted his expression and put on a polite smile for the girls, but anyone could see he wanted to get out of there right away.

And that was when Chaekyung felt the exact omphhf she had been talking about and reading in books. That omphff she felt from the bottom of her heart and felt the omphhf resonating through her entire body.

Oh. My. God.

"He's..." she grew speechless.

"Hah finally, a guy that makes Lee Chaekyung speechless." Bomi laughed. "Unbelievable. Who's that anyway?" she asked curiously.

"Woohyun oppa said he's called L." Yoomi shrugged. "He's Principal Kim's son, apparently, and he just returned from the United States. Pretty popular in the US too."

"L?" Chaekyung murmured as her eyes followed where he went with the rest of Infinite.

She met Him.

 

 

 

"There's a new addition to our class today." The Professor addressed the class. "He's none other than Principal Kim's son, Kim Myungsoo. Please welcome him!"

L grimaced at the introduction since he didn't want special treatment, but he highly doubted that the result would be any different even if people didn't know about his status judging from the girls' reaction that morning.

"Er. Hi." L waved awkwardly.

The girls in class immediately cooed and L shuddered. Oh gosh.

His eyes fell on Dongwoo who was wriggling his eyebrows at him and L snorted, biting back a laugh. He let his eyes scan through the class and taking in his new classmates when one girl attracted his attention.

He would have missed her if she didn't have such a different reaction from the rest of the girls. She was just so easy to miss as she sat at the corner of the class, looking out of the window as if she couldn't be bothered about the newcomer.

A typical wallflower, a typical nerd.

L's attention was quickly taken up by the professor as he was assigned his seat next to Sungjong. And all thoughts about the strange wallflower girl was soon discarded.

Jaekyung glanced at L and shook her head, looking back at her book.

"Another Infinite member. Another Jjang." she murmured. "Jjangs are all the same." she shook her head.