[twenty-three]

Catch Taemin If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: I apologize in advance for any material that might offend anybody. I'm uncertain whether this "warning" is even appropriate but AFF is a public website and I don't want to make anybody feel uncomfortable. Thank you and enjoy!

 

 

Taemin stuck his hands in his pocket and fumbled with the cigarette pack. He had visited four convenience stores just to find the right person that would hand over cigarettes to a student in a uniform, and was now heading towards school. He was late already but dragged himself out, incase he killed himself from the constant suicide urges if he stayed home alone.

 

 

Instead of going to class, Taemin wandered down the hallway to the old practice room. It was still in the middle of a construction, and the entrance was cluttered with trash. Fitting a cigarette between his lips, Taemin opened the door. He stepped inside, and somebody grabbed his arm.

 

 

The cigarette fell to the floor, and Taemin was faced with Jongin looking angry as ever. The force on Taemin’s wrist was painful, and Jongin dragged Taemin by the arm to the equipment room in the gym. Kicking open the door, Jongin thrashed Taemin inside. Taemin’s shoulders hit the stacked chairs, and he looked up at Jongin.

 

 

…Damn.

 

 

Jongin looked hella scary.

 

 

Taemin felt his life on the threat for the first time, and Jongin approached Taemin after closing the door shut.

 

 

Jongin’s hostile aura was frightening the crap out of Taemin, and Taemin unconsciously crouched inwards. Jongin snatched the cigarette pack from Taemin’s hand and threw it to the side. He grabbed Taemin’s collar, and Taemin closed his eyes.

 

 

Bang!

 

 

The walls shook as Jongin drove his fist past Taemin’s ears into the wall.

 

 

“What the was that?! What the are you?!!”

 

 

Jongin’s heated voice rung the room, and Taemin opened his eyes. He couldn’t meet Jongin’s gaze, and let it fall to the floor.

 

 

“Lee Taemin!!!!!!!”

 


“……”

 


“Look at me. Lift your head up and look me in the eyes!!!”

 

 

Jongin’s heavy breathing cut the silence. He let go of Taemin’s collar, and Taemin picked up the cigarette pack on the floor.

 

 

“Tell me, exactly what happened, from the beginning to the end. Got it?” Jongin lowered, and Taemin nodded.

 

 

“Then look at me! What was that??!!”

 


“……It’s nothing.”

 


“I said look at me.” Jongin said.

 

 

Taemin didn’t have the courage. He continued to look at the floor.

 

 

Unable to suppress his anger, Jongin breathed heavily and paced around the room. Taemin had expected this all. Jongin was on fire, it was only a matter of time before he exploded.

 

 

“…What is he, and why was he... doing… that to you? Was it forced?  Or did you do it? …, tell me something!!!!”

 


“I told you, it’s nothing!!!” Taemin shouted back.

 

 

Jongin looked at Taemin in unexplainable gaze, and Taemin looked back.

 

 

“It’s just a kiss. Nothing but a kiss…”

 

 

With a sudden flash, Taemin found himself on the floor. His cheek was numb and he could taste blood on his tongue. 

 

 

, Jongin had hit him again.

 

 

Taemin got up to his feet and spat. The floor splattered in blood mixed with saliva. For some reason, chortles of laughter escaped Taemin’s lips. Taemin laughed and Jongin grabbed his collar again.

 

 

“I thought I warned you, to get yourself together and not to be treated like that…” Jongin hissed.

 


“Let go.” Taemin’s voice was low.

 


“Lee Taemin!!”

 


“I said let go!”

 

 

Taemin lashed Jongin’s arm away.

 

 

“Why do you care?” Taemin shouted, “Who are you to tell me what to do? Why do you care?!!”

 


“Shut up.” Jongin growled.

 


“, what did I do that’s so wrong? Do you think I wanted to be this way?” Taemin’s screamed, “Do you think I wanted my parents to leave me? You think they wanted me to live like a , like everybody says behind my back? You think I want people to see me so vulnerable?!”

 

 

Taemin screamed at the top of his lungs, and Jongin’s clenched fists trembled in anger.

 

 

Jongin had the right to be mad. He probably felt absurd, betrayed, and mortified for Taemin. Taemin could understand.

 

 

But at the same time, Taemin was mad. He was mad at himself, and at the cruel reality.

 

 

“So what are you telling me, that you like that bastard?” Jongin breathed.

 


“…No.” Taemin replied.

 


“Then what was that?” Jongin asked again.

 


“I don’t like him…”

 


“Then what the was that in the washroom?!!” Jongin yelled.

 


“THE ONE I LIKE IS YOU!"

 

 

Taemin screamed and shut his eyes.

 

 

There was nothing he was afraid of as Taemin felt cornered with nowhere to escape. He was mad and angry, and he wanted to throw away everything that was choking his mind and making it hard for him to breathe.

 

 

Jongin’s eyes widened and he looked at Taemin in confusion.

 

 

“…Wh, what did you just say?” He stammered.

 


“I like you, okay?” Taemin said into Jongin’s eyes. “I don’t want to see you with Jung Soojung, or with any other girl for that matter, and I don’t want you to watch a movie with anybody else. I hate it, I ing hate it!!”

 

 

Jongin was silent.

 

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” Taemin spat and Jongin stood frozen on his spot.

 

 

Taemin couldn’t stand Jongin standing there so dumbfounded. He was making Taemin feel like a monster. Taemin pushed Jongin aside and walked towards the door. Jongin grabbed his arm, and he flung backwards into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter