[one]

Catch Taemin If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Catch Taemin If You Can; [one]

 

 

 

Apparently 50.2% were men and 49.8% were women within the approximate population of fifty million people in South Korea. If so, how many women could one man date in a lifetime?


 

Honestly, Taemin never cared long enough to think about this question.


 

Through the functions of different hormones within the bodies, men and women are attracted to each other, and most of the time they push each other off a cliff by calling such act, love. This results in a wretched tragedy – otherwise called marriage – and after the labor of giving birth, women fight against the severe release of testosterone while men spend the rest of their life regretting that one foolish mistake they made. Of course, among those are a few commendable men who “cheat” with the other 49.8% of women, and women who sell their bodies to the 50% of men without much hesitation.




So what Taemin is really trying to say is, then why?


 

Then why would you even get married in the first place.


 

Taemin hated the whole I-love-you-and-only-you-even-after-I-die drama crap. Taemin didn’t watch dramas; as a matter of fact, he would rather date another girl if he had the time to watch any. Devoting affection to one partner and only to that person… For the rest of his life…? It just didn’t seem possible. And, if he might add, it just wasn’t possible for one to dedicate his or her life to their lover, it was natural for them to be attracted to somebody else after looking at a same face for a while. It wasn’t their fault, it wasn’t a matter of won’t or can’t, it was just the way nature rolled.


 

Still, it wasn’t up to Taemin to go out of his way to stop those delusional pack of people around him digging their own graves of “love”. He really didn’t give a damn. What really irritated him though, were those who were suspected of mental illness. Cherishing a one-sided love for many years for example, or those senior couples that decorated the lifestyle section of newspapers, saying how they never regretted getting married to each other. 


 

It irritated him a lot. Like a lot. Because he didn’t believe in that bull.


 

And Taemin was irritated a lot at the moment. He was really oh-so-ing irritated at how women’s perseverance was improving by the day and at how he had to be doing this on a blissful Sunday morning.


 

The movie theatre was stuffed with the over-populating ratio of couples, and Taemin lost his final count as he bumped into another girl, her boyfriend throwing him a dirty look. Fixing the beanie that slipped off his head, Taemin concealed his irredeemable nest-hair as he headed for the restaurant-cluttered area of the mall. He yawned his jaws off, but recovered quickly when he saw two cute girls by the ticket booth eyeing him and whispering to each other.


 

Target secured.


 

Taemin flashed them 'the smile', and the girls' cheeks flushed deep pink. Taemin then proceeded to send them 'the smirk', until someone smacked him hard on the back of his head.


 

“What the f-”



Taemin scowled, stopping when he found Jongin looking no better than himself. 



“Wanna die?" He continued instead. "You made me wait like thirty minutes.”




“…And did somebody forget why I’m here on a ing Sunday morning?”
 


 

…Right. Taemin remembered and smiled, cowering under Jongin’s hostile glare.

 

 

"You hungry? I'll get you a bag of popcorn for breakfast or something..."

 

 

Taemin trailed off when his eyes landed on Jongin's outfit, discovering that his friend was wearing an over-stretched tee and ragged shorts along with an old baseball cap. Taemin knew for a fact that Jongin wore those shorts to sleep.

 

 

"Forget the popcorn." Taemin spat, and Jongin continued glaring through his nonstop yawning. “Seriously. Did you even take a glimpse of yourself in the mirror? You’re putting a severe damage to my image you know. It’s called manners, Jongin.”

 

 

“Oh come on, you should be the last person on earth to be allowed to discuss moral ideology." Jongin retorted. "You don’t have the slightest bit of-”

 


“Shut up.”

 

 

Being overly conscious of the two girls at the ticket booth, Taemin hastily covered Jongin's mouth and dragged him towards their destination. One of the cute girls waved at them, and Taemin tried to wave back until his attempt was resisted.

 

 

“And thank you for proving my point. I have soccer practice today, can’t tolerate you fooling around." Jongin deadpanned, pulling Taemin back by his collar. "Where is this girl? Aren’t you tired of this crap?”

 

 

“Believe me, I am." Taemin grumbled and fixed the neck of his sweater. "Female estrogen is 99% persistence, I swear.”

 

 

Though Taemin might not be in his most charming condition, he still tended to receive flattering eye-battings from the female population. He didn't mind, there really was no harm in satisfying their needs and his wants at the same time. The two boys started walking to the nearest coffee shop, separating every time a couple holding hands approached them.

 

 

“It breaks my heart to see those girls fling themselves at a bastard like you. Like really, it hurts.” 

 

 

Jongin shook his head, and Taemin shrugged his shoulders. 

 


“Don’t blame me. It’s in my DNA.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter