Photogenic

Through The Lens

Yoseob watched as the PD went around, taking pictures of all the singers to post on Twitter or the website or something. He knew that the PD would get to him at some point and he kind of dreaded it. Yoseob was well aware that having pictures taken of him was a part of his job, but he still wasn’t used to it.

He had never been very photogenic or very good-looking in general, Yoseob thought. Apparently, all he could pull off was ‘cute’, even though he would never act that obnoxiously saccharine in his own life. Yoseob wanted to be handsome or dashingly attractive, but that was never going to happen. Yoseob knew it.

Yoseob watched as the PD headed over to the girls of Secret. First, the PD snapped a shot of Hyosung and Zinger. Then the PD turned his attention to Sunhwa and Jieun.

Jieun was just so pretty. She had a face that was meant to be on television screens. Her smile was so beautiful and her eyes would sparkle and that dress on her – She was gorgeous.

Yoseob had once read an article in which Jieun said that he was the Beast member she was most interested in. He had allowed himself to get a little excited and then he had continued to read that she liked him because of his voice.

Yoseob felt great that she respected his voice and all, but for once, just once, he wanted to hear that somebody liked him because he was hot. He knew he was being selfish and silly, but he didn’t want to just be nice and cute and talented. He wanted for someone to just once have a physical attraction to him.

 Yoseob sat down in a chair and began to get lost in thought. He pulled a magazine into his lap and pulled his phone out, but he wasn’t really paying attention to either of the objects.

 Jieun is probably always flawless in front of the camera. She’s so photogenic. Unlike me.

Click.

Yoseob looked up.

“Ah, Yoseob-ssi. I hope you don’t mind that I took a candid shot of you?”

Yoseob put a smile on and responded, “No, of course not!”

“PD-nim!” Jieun’s voice came from behind the PD. Then she popped into Yoseob’s view.

“PD-nim, can I look at the camera? I just want to look at the pictures of us.”

“Sure,” the PD handed over the camera.

Jieun looked down and pressed a button on the camera. She paused and gazed for a moment.

Then Jieun looked up and smiled sweetly at Yoseob.

“Yoseob-ssi, you look really handsome.”

Yoseob could barely contain his smile.

“Thank you, Jieun-ssi.”

Jieun smiled even more.

“No problem, Yoseob-ssi.”

They just smiled at each other for that second.

“I meant it.”