Pose

Through The Lens

 

They were just hanging around in the waiting room, waiting waiting waiting.

Doojoon looked around and noticed the awkward separation going on. The Beast boys were all clumped together on one couch, while the Secret girls were on their own couch. The only ones who were mingling at all were Junhyung and Sunhwa – but of course, Junhyung was the only one suave with the ladies.

Hyosung wanted to laugh at the self-conscious air of the atmosphere. She knew that her Secret girls definitely had a thing for the Beast boys, but they were hopeless at romance. Their eyes would flicker over to the other couch and then hurriedly flicker back. Their voices were normally fairly loud to begin with, but they were being particularly so at the moment. Hyosung noted with amusement that the feelings must be mutual, because the objects of the girls’ affections were basically doing the same thing.

Hyosung had an epiphany.

“Manager-oppa, can I borrow the phone?”

The manager oppa could sense a plot forming, but he handed over the phone.

“Come on, let’s take some pictures!”

Doojoon watched as Hyosung worked her magic and paired off the Secret girls and Beast boys. Dongwoon ran away from the picture-taking and dragged the closest hyung, Kikwang, away with him. Dongwoon may have looked older than his fellow members, but Dongwoon was really still a child and he felt safer with a hyung he knew than with beautiful noonas he didn’t. So Dongwoon and Kikwang were out of the picture. Somehow, Hyosung got Yoseob and Jieun to take a picture together, their arms shyly around each other’s waists. And then Junhyung and Sunhwa were easy, as they were already comfortable together. And Hyunseung and Zinger each pretended to be reluctant to take the picture, but Doojoon could sense that Hyunseung was inwardly giddy about it.

Doojoon was impressed. Hyosung was apparently very skilled at matchmaking on top of singing and dancing and being beautiful. He had already known that she was a great leader, but he hadn’t realized how impressive she really was.

Hyosung was laughing at something, and she threw her head back, her hair going everywhere. She really had no inhibitions about ruining her image when she was laughing like that. She forgot all her cares about anything other than enjoying whatever funny thing she was laughing at. She stopped laughing and Doojoon wanted to will her to laugh again, just so he could see her being that free once more.

“Doojoon-ssi, picture time!” Hyosung came over and she wasn’t asking for his permission, he could tell. She was going to take a picture of him whether he liked it or not. There was a serious glint in her eyes.

Doojoon raised an eyebrow, put his hand in his hair, and tried to look hot for the camera. But he wanted to see her laugh so badly.

“Okay, I’m taking the photo in 1…2…”

Doojoon had to think quickly.

“3!”

Doojoon whipped out his hands with a flourish and opened his mouth into a cheesy grin.

The camera clicked and Hyosung stood there blinking for a second, not quite sure what just happened.

Then she laughed, she really laughed the most glorious laugh Doojoon had ever seen or heard. All her gums were showing and her hair bounced up and down as she shook with the laughter. Her feet did this little running-in-place thing and her arms were flailing every which way.

Doojoon mentally tucked away that image in his brain. If this pose could get Hyosung her to laugh like that, he was going to keep on doing it whenever he could.

And so, his trademark pose was born.