Hated

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You tried to ignore Kai and Hee Jin throughout first period because of a splitting headache you had received from the blinding light awhile ago. Since you sat in the front, you didn’t see him much.

Hee Jin was exceptionally gorgeous, sweet, and not to mention, extremely smart. You realized that every question the teacher asked, she was the first to raise her hand to answer and got them all correct.

Amazed by her, you kept quiet and tried to focus on learning. However, you couldn’t sit still and wanted to run out of the classroom. Sitting next to her was like fire burning you. Although everything seemed to be normal to her, you had difficulty concentrating on whatever the teacher was saying.

Why am I like this? You swallowed, closed your eyes and then took a deep breath.

Concentrate…just concentrate and don’t pay any attention to her.

“You don’t look too well, Ah Ri-sshi.”

Hee Jin’s sweet voice rang in your ears. You flinched and turned your head to see her gazing at you worriedly. You had no idea why you were feeling so uneasy around her when she was only trying to be friendly. You thought maybe it was you with the problems.

“I-I’m fine.” You smiled at her sincerely. She placed a hand behind you and patted you softly, not at all convinced, but nodded all the while.

“You must be nervous about being new here. Don’t be afraid to let me know if you need anything. I’m more than willing to help.” She offered.

“Sure, thank—”

Right then, a paper ball flew at you and hit your cheek. Hee Jin gasped and picked it up from your desk as you blinked, dumbfounded. You took it from her hand and turned around to the back of the room to see who threw it. All the students glared at you and sneered evilly. Well…it had to be one of them.

You opened the paper ball and read what’s inside.

                Better watch your back, FREAK.

W-what…who would..? Your face fell at the threatening note as your brows creased in confusion. You didn’t understand. What wrong have you done to receive that?

Thinking it was Kai who might have been the one to write such idiotic thing, you quickly brushed the note away, not quite bothered by it. Besides, you were too mature for that kind of stuff. Knowing how the school already was, you knew there were bound to be trouble anyways.

“What does it say?” Hee Jin asked, snapping you out of your thought.

“Uh...n-nothing. It’s a blank paper.” You chuckled and scratched the back of your neck as you crumpled the paper back into a ball. Her stare was still on you, making you quite uncomfortable. “Y-yes?”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She blushed. “You said you were Kai’s cousin right? I was just thinking…you both don’t look much alike.”

Cousins don’t have to look alike.

“Yeah, we get that a lot.” You replied, eyes rolling over to Kai who was giving you an extreme look. It was quite frightening to see how serious he was. Jesus. You smacked your lips and looked away as he sat up immediately because you were again, ignoring him.

The bell rang and you were the first to fly out the room, forgetting about Kai. You were in much need of some air because the classroom was so stifled. Kai tried to catch up with you, but you were already out of sight. He walked down the hall, overlooking all the unwanted stares.

You ugly pig I’m going to kill you when I see you. He clenched his fist, angry that you were provoking him. Truthfully, he was dying to know what you and Hee Jin had talked about.

“Kai sshi...”

Kai jumped and turned around. Hee Jin. She walked up to him with a heart melting smile and he swoons silently at how amazing she looked. So damn y…He bit his bottom lip.

“Your cousin…she’s really cute.”

She came here to tell me that pig is cute?

“Not as cute as you.” Kai smirked and she blushed, looking away.

“Well, I’ll see you around then.” She waved and joined her group of snotty friends. He didn’t understand why such a sweet girl would be friends with such snobs. That thought suddenly becomes useless when he was only directing it towards himself. Compared to his friends, he was also a complete .

~~~

You cursed yourself for leaving so suddenly without waiting for that human boy to guide you to your next class. Now you were lost and you didn’t want to ask anyone; judging by all the stares they had been giving you before school even began.

The tardy bell rang and you scowled as students dispersed like cockroaches to their own classrooms. You stood in the middle of the hall, looking at the room numbers on your schedule and comparing them to the ones on the door. Room 2021. I don’t see it.

“Yo! New girl!”

Startled, you held your hands over your chest as it pounded roughly. Holy cow…You breathed, turning to the direction of the voice. Oh…It’s him.

Luhan had his back on the lockers with one foot against it an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter