Partners

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Gives you all wet kisses 

It was another typical school day and you miraculously made it through without any ‘major’ drama. Besides getting stared down at and talked about, you found a way to zone everything unimportant out. Today would be the third day you’ll be serving after school detention for ‘cheating’ and although you weren’t happy about it, you reluctantly obliged.

You sat in your seat in last period and looked out the window. You thought about Kai, your past, your death…you thought about Luhan. Your mind relapsed to the moment Kai had hurt you and you immediately felt the pain in your chest again. Why have you grown to be so vulnerable around the bastard? He has hurt you time after time, yet you could never stay truly mad at him. Even though you weren’t over the ordeal with Hee Jin and how Kai defended her, you couldn’t find a reason to hate him.

Sora has turned me into some kind of forgiving creature. I hate myself even more then I hate the human kid.

You scowled and plopped your head onto the desk. Luhan instantly came to your mind and your heart fluttered in a way that made you want to cry. It wasn’t the kind of feeling that would excite you, but rather it was the kind in which hurt more than Kai has hurt you. Seeing and thinking of him brought to you so many unexpected feelings and vibes…

“Hey.”

You sat up quickly and turned to the desk next to yours.

Luhan. You swallowed.

He half smiled at you, a bit of sadness flickered in his glistening eyes. In that instant you swore you had the strongest urge to comfort him. I must be crazy. You wondered why he was so persistent to become closer to you when you were so mean to him.

Feeling horrible, you looked away.

Luhan tapped his fingers on the desk and smirked. “You’re nervous.”

“I’m not.” You denied. “Why would I be?”

He shrugged. “I wonder the same thing.”

You huffed, slightly annoyed which Luhan found quite amusing. Of course he knew you were nervous because of him and that made everything all the better.  He secretly watched you from the corner of his eyes, his heart and mind feeling at ease and peace knowing that you were right beside him. I like this, Minah. I like being near you…feeling your warmth and your presence.

You sat stiffly in your seat, afraid to make any type of movement. When the teacher walked into the room, you took out your history book and pretend to absorb yourself in the reading. It was the longest 45 minutes of your life sensing Luhan’s gaze on you the entire time.

“Stop looking at me.” You snarled as quietly as possible.

“What are you talking about?” He replied back so innocently you wanted to punch his face. “You have nothing to look at.”

You shot him a glare and he smiled back adorably. Before, it was irritating that he sat behind you, but it’s even more frustrating that he’s sitting right next to you now.

“Listen up.” The teacher called everyone’s attention to the front and you were able to avert your burning eyes away from the boy.

“I’ll be handing out your final project to complete before you all leave for winter break in a week. With a partner, pick a country and research about its history. Write a six to eight page paper and put it in your portfolio along with a map included. You may talk about its culture and languages if you want to. Just try to make your portfolio creative. This is your chance to bring up your scores in the class. It’s worth half of your final grade and you’ll fail this class if you choose not to do it.”

Everyone groaned and whined loudly as the teacher handed out the assignment. While they were complaining, the only thing you were worried about was finding a partner who would actually want to work with you.

“Can I do the project alone?” You asked him when he walked by your desk

“Working alone is not an option, Miss Kim. Socializing and group work is part of the project. It’ll affect your grade.” After he handed everyone their assignment, he left into his office. You made a face and slouched in your seat.

Luhan looked down at you smirking. “Nice try.”

You sighed loudly and pouted. You seriously could care less whether you did the project or not. It wasn’t like it’ll make a difference to your ‘life’. If you failed the class, it wouldn’t actually matter.

“Oppa…” A shy looking female student walked up to where you and Luhan at. “Would you be my partner?” She batted her lashes at him.

“No way!” Another girl ran up to you both as well. She placed her paper on his desk with a pen. “Luhan oppa, please be my partner instead. I’ll work extra hard.”

You watched with amusement while he got bombed with pleading requests. Five other girls surrounded the area as you sat back in your seat and tried to stay away from them. Luhan looked overwhelmed and flustered. His face was surely red from the situation. You couldn’t help, but laugh.

Serves him right.

“Move out of my way!” A high pitched voice screeched. Everyone went silent as Choi Rin pushed through the many girls. “Oppa’s mine so get the hell away from him!” She slammed her assignment onto his desk. “Oppa…sign it.”

Luhan glared at her as if she was insane. The rest of the girls who were waiting began arguing as well. You scooted closest to the window sensing hell breaking loose any second now.

“Get out of my sight.” He rejected them without even looking up. He shoved the papers on his desk to the floor and rested his head in his arms.

“B-But…Oppa!” Rin stomped her feet unhappily. “We were always partners in the past! What’s wrong with you?”

“He doesn’t want to be your partner.”

“What a desperate wench.”

“She thinks she could get him just because they were a little close.”

“As if…”

“What did you just say?!” Rin screamed at the girls. She began cursing at them and they too were not taking any of her nonsense. You stared wide eyes at the scene before averting your gaze on Luhan. He was surely pretending that nothing was happening around him—because of him.

You scoffed and looked away. As long as I’m not involved, I don’t care.

“Go back to your seats ladies.” The teacher demanded when he came back. Rin was unwilling to, but she walked off anyways. "If you can’t pick your partners, I’ll assign them to you.”

Instantly, Luhan grabbed your wrist and held your arm up. “I have a partner.”

“Are you out of your mind?!” You hissed at him.

The entire room went completely quiet. Rin’s jaws dropped to the floor as she pointed her finger at you. “T-That monster—you’re picking that monster to be your partner Oppa?!”

For once, you agreed with her. You yanked your wrist free and stared down at your desk. Was he trying to put you in a rough situation right now? He was definitely going to make everything worse for you. You looked around and saw how everyone threw invisible daggers in your directions.

Luhan observed your uneasiness and he softened. Were you that afraid? It was obvious that even if you had no memories of him at all, your heart still vaguely remembered him. If not, you wouldn’t be pushing him away so much. He knew he shouldn’t be doing this to you, but a part of him couldn’t help feeling relieved that he still has a chance.

 “Do you agree with it Ah Ri?” The teacher asked once again. You looked at Luhan and wished you hadn’t. His pleading doe like eyes crushed you.

“I’m not doing the project if you’re not my partner.” He crossed his arms childishly.

“Is that supposed to be a threat?” You gawked at his behavior. “Why should I care if you do the project or not?”

“Fine. I’m not doing it.” He closed his eyes and put his head back down.

You couldn’t believe that you were going to be the cause of his failure. Were you that easy to be pushed around just because you had a soft spot? You swore Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter