Starting off with a bad day

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were digging through the lost and found boxes in Ms. Im’s office ferociously as if your life was on the line. Even with the hectic weekend taking up most of your time, you never once forgot about your lost notebook. You just hoped that whoever found it was nice enough to drop it off to the lost and found because you knew that there was only ONE copy of your profile.

Goddamn it! How can I lose that stupid notebook? You’re en useless, Ah Ri.

With a loud grunt you slumped to the floor in desperation. Everything was such a mess now. Your undiscovered past was a cluster , plus Kai’s random act of rebelliousness was taking its toll on your daily life, and not to forget that you were still nowhere close in restoring him and his father’s relationship.

You tried connecting the dots to the information you’ve gathered so far. First of all, you knew that your dreams weren’t just any dreams, they were more like clues. They were very vague memories that you still didn’t fully trust, but it helped open up your eyes to your surroundings and the people near you.

For instance, Luhan and Hee Jin gave you those uncanny feelings the very first time you’ve met them which told you that there was something odd about them. Luhan was still that mysterious guy who seemed to dislike you, yet couldn’t take his attention away whenever you were around. One day he’s full of sincerity and affection and the next, he makes you want to punch his guts.

Then there was Hee Jin. Hee Jin. The name lingered familiar on your tongue whenever you saw her in class. She made your hair stand just being close by so you unconsciously stayed away. Honestly, you weren’t intimidated by her; it was the eerie feeling that arose out of your will power that made you turned in another direction. These reactions came to you naturally and you couldn’t stop it even if you tried.

Maybe the Minah back then was afraid, but Ah Ri definitely wasn’t.

Too confusing, nonetheless, damn frustrating. Besides the fact that there might be people who knew you a while back, you just wanted to concentrate on the purpose of your death for now. If they were part of your life back then, you were going to find out soon. That day during the incident with Chanyeol, it had your head wrapped in uncertainty. If you had died by a mere car accident, then why was it so difficult for you to regain your memories?

This only meant that you were solving everything backwards and was missing a huge chunk of the most important information about your death. Sora would have contacted you by now if you being killed in a car accident were the only main cause of your death.

With all that put aside, there was only one thing that was really important to you. Kai. Kai was your first priority and although you may resent the fact that he was the center of your world right now, you really had no other choice. In all honesty, he was probably the most obnoxious self-centered assface you’d ever met, but at the end of your day, you knew it wouldn’t be completed without him poking fun at you.

Maybe you felt this way because deep inside, you knew Kai was a good person with a good heart and it just took a little more effort to bring out the Jong In inside of him. You were slowly becoming so close to him that you were able to sense his mood swings from miles away; his voice sending out signals to you. The troubling past he was living in and the hatred he has for his father was something you desperately wanted to find out and resolve.

It was hard gaining Kai’s trust, but you knew that for him, you were willing to wait. Whatever it takes, you were going to stand by his side and make sure he never had to go through anymore pain. You didn’t want him to be like you. You wanted him to live life to the fullest and even if he didn’t get along with his father, he was still family and you weren’t going to let your human lose something as important as that. Family was something you don’t even remember having; that was if you ever had one.

It’s been over month since you’ve been with Kai. Although he detested you at first and objected to you being his guardian angel, it seemed like he had accepted the fact that you weren’t going to be shaken off any time soon. Kai might be a total jerk most of the time, but it was a good feeling to know that you could be the same jerk back without having to feel like the only bad guy.

It’s alright. I still have time. If I have to spend all 365 days with that human boy just to straighten things out, then I will. 

Surely, it was a love-hate relationship between the two of you.

“Ah Ri? What are you doing on the floor?” Ms. Im peered down at you, bewildered.

Startled, you jolted up to your feet and dusted yourself off. “I lost a notebook. Thought I’d find it in the lost and found. No luck.”

“Is that so?” She pondered for a short moment. “I’ll let you know if I see it.”

“Thanks.” You picked up your backpack and swung it over your shoulder, getting ready to leave. “I see you later, Ms. Im.”

“Wait, Ah Ri!” She stopped you. “Remember the job at the orphanage I was telling you about?”

“Oh, right.” You nodded slowly. Totally forgot about that.

“My sister wants you to go in today.” Ms. Im handed you a paper with the address on it. “It’s only a few blocks from here so you won’t miss the building. At the front desk, ask for Nina. She’s excited to meet you and is expecting for your arrival.”

“Sure thing.” You smile. “I’ll go after school. Thanks for hooking me up.”

“No problem. I think you’ll like it there.” She grinned as you waved goodbye and left her office.

 

~~~

Ten minutes before first period and you pushed your way down the crowded hall; a normal routine that you were used to by now. You weren’t sure if it was only you, but a lot students, had been whispering and giving you that redundant stare you were so sick of.

The hell is wrong with kids these days? You frowned and tried to ignore what was happening around you. You quickly reached your locker and began turning the code to open your combination lock.

As you were searching for your books, you felt several bodies hovered behind you, one leaning against the locker next to yours.

“Yo biker girl.” A male student tapped the locker to get your attention.  Without any real movement, your eyes rolled over to him uncaringly. Biker girl?

“I’m talking to you, can’t you hear me?” He leaned towards you and you immediately raise a brow at him.

“Last time I checked, my name isn’t biker girl. What do you want? I don’t know you.”

“Well, we can start getting to know each other right now. I’m Hyun Woo.” He smirked. “I saw what you did yesterday, riding that bike like a en pro.”

“What’s your point?” You deadpanned.

“My point is, everyone is talking about it and some are just saying that you’re some supernatural psycho girl with iron strength or some shiet.”

It all clicked to you. Apparently the crowd from yesterday’s event contained more than half the students from school and they obviously witnessed what happened. So this is what all the gossiping hype this morning was all about?

 Your lips thinned and you turned to face this Hyun Woo boy. “I still don’t know why you’re here. Make it quick, I have places to go.” You snapped impatiently. You had no time for people like him who only wanted to mock you. They could talk all they wanted about you, but never will they know who you really are.

“Oooh. Feisty aren’t we? I like.” He chortled and high fived one of his friends. “I haven’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter