Protecting you

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai instantly grasped your wrist and forcefully dragged you upstairs into Suho’s bedroom. When the door shut, you stayed rooted in the spot that he left you in. You suddenly liked it a lot better when his friends were around and not being alone with Mr. Intimidating.

“You idiot. You are acting weird lately.” He murmured and placed a duffel bag onto the bed. He dug inside quickly and pulled out a towel and some clothes.

“Hurry up and change before you catch a cold again.” Kai sounded annoyed and you knew he was more than just that. You took the towel from him without a word. That somehow angered him. If she stays quiet any longer, I’m really going to explode. He just wanted you to say something, anything. Whether it was to deny everything or argue with him, it was better than silence.

 “Can you stop causing trouble for once and start acting like an actual human being? You can’t go around acting like en Superman expecting the world to accept you. I’m sick and tire of you doing things your way and then pretending like nothing ever happened can actually solve it!”

Kai had no idea why he was so worked up over this. Of course he was happy that Chanyeol was safe and well, but to be quite honest, he would be even more pissed off if something happened to you. She’s my en angel. She belongs to me. Or maybe he was just being a selfish prick.

No, she doesn’t belong to me. She belongs to no one.

Even so, he had more right over you than anyone else did. You came to earth to watch over him and he knew he obtained more privilege over you for that reason. So seeing you act rationally by putting yourself in danger perhaps sort of ticked him off a teeny tiny bit.

“I’m…sorry.” Your voice was small. You had done it out of pure instinct and never would you watch Chanyeol or anyone Kai loved get hurt. Being a guardian was really beginning to turn you into a protector. You don’t regret risking your life for neither Kai nor his family.

Kai softened once again. His damn feelings were out of control. Why was it so hard to stay mad at you even if he had forced himself to be angry, to yell at you, and use ruthless words to hurt you? He had been staring at you in a daze, unaware that you had turned around and began changing in front of him without a care.

You pulled off your wet shirt and threw the unwanted piece onto the floor as you began to put on the one Kai had given you. He subconsciously stared at the bareness of your back and gulped. Although you were wearing a tank top, he couldn’t look away no matter how hard he tried.

Why is she so comfortable around me to even change in front of me like that?! Jesus en Christ, that pig. Something instantly caught Kai’s attention. It was the tattooed that imprinted on your back in Roman Numerals. His eyes immediately became glued to the random numbers as he tried making out what they meant.

I

XIV

MCMXCIV

What the hell is that? Kai bit his bottom lip as he inched closer to you without realizing his own actions. You pulled down the hem of your shirt and turned to face Kai causing him to jump. You had been oblivious to him all the while.

“It’s not very safe taking off your clothes around just anyone.” He arched an eyebrow at you. “Do you know what that means in this society?”

You stared at him blankly before shrugging.

“It means you’re asking for it.” He smirked and shook his head slowly. “Not a very smart idea.”

“What’s it?” You tilted you head. “Like….tag, you’re it?”

Oh god. Why do I even bother? He mentally face palmed himself. “You know—just—forget what I said.”

“Wait. You mean THAT kind of it?” You glared incredulously at him when you finally caught on. “It’s not like I stripped in front of you or anything, you sick ert. Stare all you want, you’re not getting anything.” You shoved him to the side and left the room with haste before he saw how reddened your face had become.

Kai, you jerk. You silently cursed at him although you knew it was your fault for being so careless.

Kai couldn’t believe you. How in the world did he meet such a creature? One minute you were as mute as a retard and the next you just couldn’t stop your fowl mouth from opening. He grind his teeth in aggravation and raked his fingers through his hair.

What am I going to do with her?

 

~~~

“Seriously hyung, you’re richer than any of us here and you can’t even afford heat for your home? What is wrong with you?! Why do I keep asking this question today?” Sehun lectured his beloved hyung who stared at his most honored quests apologetically.

“And why do I keep telling you to shut up, you brat.” Kai threw a couch pillow at him and he caught it easily. “You can do yourself a favor and take your scrawny back home in which I’m assuming should have heat.”

“I guess we’ll just freeze to death out here.” D.O sighed and allowed his body to slump down text to yours. He gave you one of those sweet smiles that you weren’t sure if you should accept or not. It was rather too coy to believe. Hmm.

“Guys, I know. I’m terribly sorry but the mechanics were supposed to show up today. I’ll have to call them again tomorrow. It’s an old apartment, things are rusty.” Suho rubbed the back of his neck. “I guess….maybe we could all sleep out here in the living room to keep warm.”

Kai reflexively looked at you. The hell with that idea. She’s still a en girl no matter how much I’m denying it. “It’s fine, we don’t mind the cold room, right Ah Ri?”

Your eyes bulged. “No way…I hate the cold.” You cringed at the thought of the bitterness eating at you. Kai scowled inwardly at your cluelessness. He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter