Han Minah

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapters 20 & 21!! 

~~~

“You got in trouble again didn’t you?” The Ms. Im cocked her head to the side and gave you a rather sympathetic look as you walked into her office.

“Well…you know me.” You let out a nervous chuckle and began organizing the files right away.

“What is it this time?”

“Cleaning after school.”

“No, I meant, who did you hit?”

She knows me too well.

“Kai….” His name came out somewhat shaky. You felt guilty about the whole situation, but there was a small glimmer in her eyes that didn’t seem to disapprove of your actions at all.

“You never fail to amaze me…” Ms. Im murmured.

Me too…me too. You couldn’t have agreed more.

There were a few boxes of yellow folders containing students’ profile and enrollment that you needed to categorize in alphabetical order. You picked up a random box and set it to the side while you got on your knees to start organizing them.

“What do you think about working at an orphanage?” Ms. Im walked up to you.

“W-Work?” You paused for a brief moment to ponder on it. When was the last time I had a job? You didn’t remember if you ever had one before.

“My sister’s looking for a part time caretaker of the smaller children there. All you have to do is watch over them and play with them. They’re great kids and very cute. I thought you’d be perfect for the position.” Ms Im smiled hopefully. “….and I kind of told her you’d do it.”

Then what’s the point of asking? You didn’t want her to see your annoyed face, so you turned your head to the side and scowled. Work? It was something new, yet exciting. However, if you work, you’d have to be apart from Kai. You didn’t know what the danger of that would be.

Would you be able to do it? You were mostly afraid that you wouldn’t feel his presence if he was in trouble while you were away.

But if I work, I can definitely pay off my debts to Kai.

There was hope in this. Sora never mentioned that you couldn’t have a job. With the money you earn, it would go towards everything you owed him.

“I’ll do it.” You said half heartedly.

“Great! Fill out these forms and give it to me tomorrow. Let me just give her a call and I’ll tell you when you can start working.” She happily grabbed her phone and left the room.

You sighed as you shuffled through piles of folders; not really caring whether you were doing a decent job or not. Your stomach has been crying for food ever since this morning, but you chose to skip lunch anyways. Going anywhere near the cafeteria probably would mean another round of death threats.

“Aish! Behgopa…” You groaned and rubbed your tummy; sloppily dropping a few folders on the ground.

You bent down to pick them up when you came across a brown folder that was mixed within the other ones. Curious, you grabbed it up and realized that the name on the front has been scratched out by black permanent marker.

You opened the folder revealing a few worn out pages; possibly a recent student’s information. As you flipped through the papers, you saw a profile page that caught your attention. The black inked letters were slightly smeared, but you were still able to make out the words.

 On the top left corner of the page was a picture of a female student whose facial expression showed no sign of happiness. Instead, a frown overlapped her hidden beauty; long black hair cascaded down her shoulders. Her large round eyes stared straight into the camera, piercing right into you.

 Through just a simple picture, you saw immense amount of hurt in her plain e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter