Rejected

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Be warned: LONG chapter ahead!

and these "ü " are supposed to be checkmarks... it's not showing up for some reason

~~

“If you want to make things easier for me, act like you don’t know me.” You yanked your arm from Luhan’s grip. “The last thing I’m concerned about is being called a . None of that bothers me.”

You grabbed your backpack and stormed out of the classroom before the teacher walked in. Choi Rim cursed at you, eyes smiled cunningly when you stopped Luhan from finding the culprit. He stood there unmoving while he soaked in your words.

Why is she so difficult?

 He gritted his teeth and went after you. He ran down the hall and looked around, but you were already gone.

~~~

 You were hiding in your usual hiding spot, far away from those vultures and far away from Luhan. The principal’s assistant which you found out her name was Ms. Im, had kindly offered you her file room whenever you needed to escape reality; even if that meant skipping class. Ms. Im was extremely friendly towards you and has allowed you to be her helper in sorting out the students’ files. Her room was always open for you just in case you were in trouble.

“Having a hard day already?” Ms. Im walked in with a sympathetic smile as you lazily shuffled through some random papers.

Your shoulders slumped and you only sighed. She knew what you went through daily so you needn’t explain to her your complications. “I’m going to stay here for a while if that’s alright with you?”

“I won’t tell a soul.” Ms. Im had wanted to ask you a few questions lately, but she was hesitant to bring it up. Instead, she patted your back and stared at the side view of your face for a while before she left you alone.

As you picked up a few yellow folders to put away, you came across one with a name that caught your attention.

A sly smile spread over your face, “KAI.” You quickly opened the folder to reveal his entire profile and school transcript. You snickered at his poor grades that were below average; although just enough to graduate. This kid plays around too much. It was on your checklist to make sure he focused more on his studies, but before that, you had to keep him out of trouble.

You scanned his information and you laughed quietly until you saw something baffled you. Kai has another name.

Kim Jong In? Wow…that stupid human isn’t using his birth name. What a pity…it’s so much better then Kai. Tsk..tsk. You then looked below his name and saw his birth date in bold black font.

January 14, 1994. You slowly let the folder fall back into the drawer as your mind processed the date. Why does his birthday sound so familiar? You scratched your forehead, pondering for a minute before you shook your head to forget it.

~~~

You walked home from school alone since Kai was nowhere to be found. It was just like him to skip class without getting in trouble by the principal. He and his group of friends were probably out fooling around like a bunch of clowns again.

You stepped into his empty mansion that you now called your ‘home’ and closed the door behind you. A few maids that came in the afternoon were busy sweeping and mopping the marble floor as if it needed to be cleaner than it already was.

“Hello.” You bowed and greeted them happily. They smiled and waved at you, happy to see Kai’s cute and bubbly girlfriend. Yes, you had come to terms with his little play.

Home= girlfriend

School= outcast loser long lost cousin alien

If it wasn’t to save his from his creepy stepmother, you would have never agreed to do it. The good thing was that she was barely home.

 You threw your bag onto the floor in Kai’s room and decided to get some homework done.  You took out your math book, spread your notes around, and lied down on your stomach.

Day 5 You jotted down the number in your little note pad that you secretly hid under Kai’s bed. In it were list of things you needed to get done; so many responsibilities in such little time.

ü  Find the Human

ü  Persuade Human

ü  Enroll into school with the Human

Get him and his father to get along

Keep him out of trouble

Find out about my death-

·         Date:

·         Cause:

·         Suspect:

·         My Real Name:

·         My Real Birthday:

You checked off the ones that you completed while the others remained pending and in progress. Better start getting to work! You shut your note pad and quickly shoved it back under the bed far from Kai’s reach.

~~~

The sun had set and long before you realized, you had been working on your homework for several hours straight, ate twice, fell asleep on top on your books, and now determining what actually happened. You pushed your papers to the side and rolled onto your back, stretching. All this time your human hasn’t been back yet and you instantly shot up from the floor.

Where the hell is Kai? You turned your head to look at his alarm clock on his nightstand. 2:30 a.m.

“W-WHAT?!  2:30?” You cursed under your breath angrily. The sleaze ball knew exactly what would happen if he stayed out late like this. Sora would kill you if anything occurred to him and the last thing you wanted was to go back to heaven living in misery with your golden pond; powerless and wingless.

Kai loved making you work for everything. When he saw you angry and dead serious, it satisfied him. Just being a jerk and never listening to you was what you hated most. He couldn’t at least pretend to change until this entire crap was over with.

Well, two can play the game, stupid human boy. You went into his closet, randomly chose one of his pullover sweaters, put on your sneakers and quickly left. The hunt for Kai has become a nightly routine and you knew EVERY single place that he could possibly be.  

You’re so dead for making me come after you like this Kai.

~~~

The disco ball flashed across the dimly lit dance floor as techno music played loudly; drowning out all voices. Kai and his group of sidekicks sat around a table with plenty of girls to occupy them and more than enough alcohol to get them arrested. He had a feeling it was time to go home when an image of you appeared in his head, ready to strangle him and put him in check. It’s almost that time she’ll be storming in here. He smiled devilishly and decided to stay a little while longer.

Kai grabbed a beer and chugged it down. His eyes wondered over to Chanyeol and Sehun who were making out with two girls they met about five minutes ago. He shook his head and thought about where that would lead to and shivered in disgust.

His friends were mindless sometimes. Baekhyun and D.O owned the dance floor and Suho was being the good Hyung that he was; making sure none of them got to crazy, but all the while flirting with several other chics.

A gorgeous college girl wearing a sheer backless dress invited herself onto Kai’s lap. He averted his eyes to her as she wrapped her slender arms around his neck and began whispering into his ear.

“You’re cute. I’ve never seen you before.” Her lips touched his earlobe and she moved her hand down to his chest. “Tell me your name.”

Kai smirked and without saying a word, he shoved his hand into her hair and crashed his lips on top of hers. She moaned in his mouth and desperately puts her weight on him. Her legs rubbed against his thighs, wanting him badly.

 

You charged into the night club filled with petty rich kids grinding on each other obsessively like a bunch of animals. This was the last place you’d ever wanted to be. Intuitively,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter