Not that bad after all.

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You got out of the shower and went back into Kai’s room, hair dripping wet. You had on the same clothes you took from his dresser last night finally taking it into consideration that you actually needed clothes of your own. Now, you’ll have to bother the human boy once again knowing that he hated you with a passion.

“Kai?” You looked around the empty bedroom and wondered where he went. With a random towel you found in the bathroom, you slung it around your neck and walked out into the hallway.

Where did he go?

You then see a room to the far left. There was door slightly creaked open and a dim light shone through. With footsteps soft and slow, you made your way there. As you began to peek inside, the door swung open and Kai came out instantly glaring at you.

Startled, you jumped back, not expecting that he was inside. “H-hey…” You smiled awkwardly.

 Kai quickly closed the door and blocked you. “What do you want?”

You blinked, dumbfounded as to why he was being so wary, but promptly brushed the thought away when you realized your stomach was crying for food.

“Behgopah.” You gave him puppy eyes as you pointed to your tummy.

 Kai found himself forgetting all about being angry from the argument he had with you earlier when your expression turned child like. He looked at you not knowing whether to ignore your so called aegyo or give in; something he never does.

“And your point?” He questioned with a tone as if he could care less seeing you starve to death.

“Feed me.” You replied simply, oblivious to the fact that he was playing dumb.

“Does it look like I’m your maid?”

You scratched your head and looked down at your feet. If I can cook I wouldn’t bother you. But you held back your tongue knowing fairly well not to argue with the hot head again.

“There should be food in the fridge that the maids cook earlier. Come on…” Kai heaved a sigh and headed down the stairs. Somehow, he couldn’t find himself to say ‘no’ with the look you were giving him. You followed suit with a sly and victorious smile plastered across your face.

You went into the kitchen after Kai, quietly watching him heat up the food he took out from the refrigerator.

“I know it’s hard to keep your eyes off of me, but staring is rude.” Kai caught you and you blushed.

“Are you always home alone like this?”

Without looking at you, he nodded.

“Doesn’t it get….lonely?”

“What is there to be lonely about when I have everything I want and need?”

You snickered, but couldn’t agree more. Filthy rich kid he was indeed.

“W-What about your step mom? Doesn’t she live with you?” You realized that you haven’t seen her since last night.

He shrugged uncaringly, “I don’t associate my life with her. Beats me where she’s at.”

Of course he hated her guts. Stupid question.

“Then…where’s your father?”

“Work.”

“And he never comes home?”

“Once in a blue moon.”

“That’s not good….”

Kai turned around and faced you. One of his eyebrows lifted up curious as to why you’ve been asking him so many questions in the last three minutes. “What’s not good? Why are you asking all this stuff when you swore that you knew everything about me?”

Oops…

“Just…I…well—you know..sometimes I forget.” You worked up the lamest excuse ever.

“Do you want to eat or not?” He held the plate of glorious food in front of you. You nodded and urgently snatched it from him.

As the two of you sat across from each other at the table, you dug right into your plate without hesitation. Each and every bite left your stomach feeling more and more satisfied.

Kai crossed his arms and cocked his head slightly to the side, watching you eat without a care in the world. He looked disgusted, yet amused at the same time. That ugly pig sure can eat.

His eyes landed on your bruised face and nose and fought the guilt that was rising to his heart. He knew very well he shouldn’t have done that to you, but with all the students watching, he couldn’t help himself. His evil conscious had taken over and received quite a harsh scolding from his friends afterwards as well.

“Why aren’t you eating?” You lifted your head up and saw the human staring blankly at you like you were an alien.

“What are you?” His eyes widened at your already empty plate.

“Huh?” You gazed back at him confused. “I’m…I’m…aren’t I human?”

“Have I ever told you that you eat like a pig?”

“Plenty of times.” You nodded, not at all mad. He chuckled inwardly and slid his plate over to you.

“What about you?” You asked.

“Not hungry.” He shook his head. Your eyes glimmered happily and you don’t refuse it.

“You used my shampoo.” Kai recognized the scent of his soap. You stopped midway from putting a spoonful of rice into your mouth and looked at him puzzled.

 “It was the only one in your bathroom.” You said touching your damped hair.

Kai hated people touching his things, especially used his stuff. He held back his scowl knowing it was of no use scolding you when you didn’t know any better. Besides, your innocent expression was what got to him again. I’ll let it go just this once. He couldn’t help but think that this was the first time he’s ever smelled his own scent on someone else. It was….actually quite nice.

“So, AH RI…” Kai emphasized your new fond name with a smirk. “How did you die?”

You choked and the food in your mouth and it splattered over Kai’s face. “W-What?!”

“YAH!!” He shouted; his voice booming.

“Sorry!” You covered your mouth and bowed apologetically as he grabbed a napkin and wiped his face.

Kai scowled, clenching his jaws. Disgusting pig.

“I don’t remember.” You answered after a long silence between the two of you.

He blinked at you bewildered. “You can’t even remember your own death?”

“I wouldn’t be here if I did.” The chopsticks in your hands fell on the table; your appetite decreased. Kai watched the look on your face slowly changing into sadness and confusion, and then automatically went back to neutral as if you weren’t bothered.

“So you’re here to find out?”

“Pretty much…” You replied. “But I have a task I need to complete.”

“What task?”

You’re the task, you fool. You looked at him, trying not to show annoyance. “What is this? Some kind of interrogation?”

“Yah…did I get mad when you were asking me questions awhile ago? I do have the right to know about the beggar that I took into my home.”

“Beggar? I’m not a beggar.” You glared. “Stupid human.”

Kai’s mouth hung open. “I just fed you didn’t I?!” He leaned forward mockingly. You slammed your hands onto the table and he flinched at your sudden action.

“Well, that’s your job.” You hissed, got up and marched upstairs.

“Where do you think you’re going?!” Kai tailed behind you.

“To bed!” You went into his room and shut the door in his face. He stood in the hall for as few seconds as he bit his lip in aggravation.

~~~

The cold nighttime breeze o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter