Just Like Heaven

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tender skin contact radiated warmth over to Kai’s sleeping form as he stirred, irritated by it. A much unknown, soft steady breathing and weight of another body sunk the empty side of Kai’s bed and he finally forced himself to slowly open his groggy eyes.

Although his vision was still a tad bit blurry, he made out a face; an unfamiliar face with eyes securely shut, lashes cascaded downwards, and pouty lips that parted slightly; all of which swam in a sea of creamy white skin. If he wasn’t imagining things, this unusual person before him appeared to be glowing brightly and blinding him.

 A rapid flutter of what seemed like a large feathery wing flapped a gust of cool air around his torso and made the hair at the back of his neck stand. He felt soft white feathers floated and fell loosely onto his face; disappearing just as quickly as it landed.

He blinked a few times to clear his vision and mindlessly assumed that he was only dreaming. When he closed his eyes and re-opened them again, the figure remained unmoved.

Who?

Curious, Kai cautiously brought up his index finger and quietly reach over to the figure’s face and gently poked her cheek.

Soft, warm, and silky smooth.

A wave of shock prickled through his finger and he withdrew right away.

That’s ODD…

Your eyes immediately flickered opened from the contact and stared straight into Kai’s very own almond shaped, coffee brown ones. He pulled back his hand, startled by the unknown girl who he swore was not there when he knocked out last night.

You let out a horrified gasp when you came to realize your new and uncertain surroundings.

And a gorgeous human being that was lying next to you, in the same bed, sharing the same blanket…

You blinked once.

He blinked twice.

You then realized…

He was HALF .

“GYAHHHHHHH!!!”

The two of you shouted in unison and shot straight up from bed, pointing at each other.

“Who-who are you and what are you d-doing here?!” You got on your knees and tossed the blanket over his upper body.

“What am I doing here?” Kai looked at you in disbelief, propped on both elbows. “The question is, what are YOU doing here in MY ROOM?!”

“I—” You paused for a brief moment and pondered. Instantaneously, you began recalling all the things that had occurred to you and the last person you had spoken to before your vision suddenly blurred and everything became pitch black. You weren’t expecting to wake up to…this human.

A hot one, to be exact.

~~~

“You wanted to know who you are and what happened to you, so why are you denying this opportunity?”

“I do! B-but…I don’t want to go down to look after a grown man. This duty or so you call it, will get in my way. 12 months?! I’ll never accomplish both goals in such little time. I’ve waited 1000 long years for this.”

“Time flies by much quicker here than on earth. You had only died for a year if you consider it in the human realm. Thus, this is more than enough time for you to find all the longing answers to your questions. Just think about it. You’re not even deemed a full grown angel because you have no idea who you are. Even more, your name! It’s a rare case for you to be given this chance. Besides, no freebies are given to anyone, not even in Heaven. Everyone is prearranged a job to be completed if they want to fulfill their own. Take it while it’s open.”

“Sora, why is life so unfair to me, even after death? How many angels do you know have not a clue of who they are? None. None at all because I’m the ONLY one. Just take a look at Minnie. She was escorted here just yesterday and already, her wings are twice the size of mine. I can barely fly yet.”

“I’ve told you before. You don’t have to know how you ended up here. Whether knowing the truth may only hurt you more or bring you closure, what happened has already happened. Sometimes, it may be better to just forget your past because you can never turn back time even if you were wronged in so many ways. However, I do believe you deserve this opportunity to find out your lost identity. Like you said, no one, not even angels should have to suffer. That is why I’m encouraging you to grasp this mission. So, last chance. Pass or take?”

“Fine. BUT, only because you’re my guardian and I HAVE to obey you.”

“Really…” Sora gave you a smudged stare.

“…and because I want to find out who I am.” You muttered.

“Good. Let me explain to you what you need to do when you’re down there. Your task is to look after a troublesome and rebellious young man. Make sure you stir him in the right direction of his life and keep him OUT OF TROUBLE. In essence, your duty is to protect him and keep an eye out for the things that he’s NOT supposed to do. Due to past incidents, he and his father don’t get along very well, so you must help connect their relationship to become stronger than it is now. If this boy ends up wasting his life awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter