It has Always been You

It has Always been You


The next day at school.

“What happened?” Aaron ask Joanne as he saw her with a cut on her lips.

“Nothing, I wasn't careful and bumped into the wall last night” she smiles.

'Why did you lie?' Gui Gui thought as she watches them from behind a wall. She looks at Aaron and tears began to run down her face.

“If you really still love him, then why didn't you fight for him?” Wang Zi pops up from behind her.

“Because....she needs him more than I do” she said making him confused.

She turns around and wipes her tears.

“You know, I guess the saying that 'love make you stupid' is really true.”

Gui Gui stiffens as Wang Zi suddenly hugs her.

“You dummy, its normal to be stupid.”

“You're so smart, you don't have a problem with this” Gui Gui laughs.

“Well...you've just proved that smart people can be dumb or stupid too” Wang Zi said and ran for it.

“What?! Are you making me mad or comforting me?!” she ran after him.

“Both!”

From a far Aaron watches as they tease each other. Seeing them together didn't make him feel good, especially seeing the smile on Wang Zi's face. Aaron tightly squeezes his hand into a fist.

“Aren't they such a cute couple?” Joanne said as she held his arm.

“Let's go” Aaron said and turns away.

“Ya Tou! Get him for me!” Gui Gui said as Wang Zi ran towards Ya Tou.

“What happened?” she asks as Wang Zi hide behind her.

“He's being mean to me! And! He was picking on me!”

Ya Tou jumps and turns around with her hands on her hip.

“Why are you picking on Gui Gui? She's having a hard time already.

“Hey, I just wanted to see her smile” he defends himself.

“Right huh” she turns back around. “It's been so long since you've smile like that” she said to Gui Gui.

Slowly the smile on Gui Gui's face disappears as she lowers her head.

“Gui Gui....what's wrong?” Ya Tou said.

She looks up with a big smile on her face.

“You traitor! I’m going to get you too for defending him!” she said to Ya Tou.

Ya Tou screams and turns around to run but forgot that Wang Zi was there. She knocks him down and ended up on top of him.

Her face flushed red as her head lies on his manly chest. Her heart started to beat faster.

“Ya Tou!” Gui Gui quickly helps her up. “Are you okay?”

“Hey kid, I was the one who got laid on” Wang Zi said as he got up.

“Wow, that now, sounded wrong” Gui Gui comments.

“Sorry” Ya Tou said shyly. “I forgot that you were there and-”

“It's okay” Wang Zi cuts her off.

“Hey dummy, you're never going to catch me if you just stand dumbly like that” Wang Zi said and ran away.

“Hmph! Before I get you, I must get the traitor!” she turns to Ya Tou.

“Ah!” Ya Tou yells and ran after Wang Zi.

'They're right... I haven't been smiling lately, and that worries them. I shouldn't be selfish ad let them worry about me, so from now on I'll always smile...in front of them' Gui Gui thought as she ran after the two.

A few weeks later.

Slap!

“You b****! Where's all the money?!” Joanne’s father said.

“I told you, I don't have anymore!” she said crying.

“You liar!! Give me the money now!”

“I don't have anymore money!”

Slap!

“How dare you talk back in that manner! Now this is your last chance, give me the money!”

“How can I when I don't have any left?”

“Fine! I'll go to your rich boyfriend and ask him for the money.”

“No! Please don't” Joanne said as she held her father's leg to stop him from leaving the house.

“You b****! If you don't give me money, then I'll go ask him!” he pushes her away.

“Please don't!” Joanne said as she follows her father outside and tries to stop him.

Her father grabs a stick and hits her. But the person that he hit wasn’t his daughter.

“I'll give you the money!” Gui Gui said as she turns around to look at Joanne’s father.

“Who the H*** are you?!”

“I'm...Her friend” she stood up and gave Joanne’s father some money.

“Wow! You must be rich!” her father said as he counts the money in his hands.

Joanne got up and snatch the money away.

“We don't need this!” she threw the money at Gui Gui.

Joanne’s father slaps her again and picks up the money.

“Who says!” he said. “See if you've told me about this rich friend of yours then I wouldn't have beaten you” he said as he got up.

“She's not my friend” Joanne said.

“Thanks kid” Joanne’s father said and walks off.

“Why did you give him the money?!” Joanne yells at Gui Gui.

“I don't want to see you hurt anymore.”

“It's not even you who's hurting anyways and it's none of your business.”

Gui Gui didn't say anything. Instead she looks at her back that was hurt by Joanne’s dad.

“You're so stupid” Joanne mumbles. She grabs Gui Gui's hand and pulls her into the house.

Gui Gui looks around the house.

“Hey, take off your shirt” Joanne said as she sat next to Gui Gui with a first aid-kit on her laps.

“Oh” Gui Gui said and did as told.

Joanne finish and closes the box.

“You're not a bad nurse” Gui Gui smiles as she puts on her shrit.

“You can leave now.”

“But-”

“Don't stick your nose into other people's businesses if you don't want to get hurt.”

“But I want to help you” Gui Gui said quickly.

“Don't act like you're all nice, I’m not going to buy it.”

“I'm not acting” Gui Gui said getting angry.

“Then are you doing it to get Aaron back? Because let me tell you now, I won't let it happen.”

“No, I’m not doing it because of Aaron. I’m doing this because I want to. And...why did you still Aaron from me?”

“Still?!” Joanne looks at Gui Gui unbelievably. “He's was mine to start with.”

“Yes, but you left him. Didn't you know how much pain he went through?!”

“How could I know?! I wasn't with him.”

“Exactly. You left him hurt, made him suffer. Why did you have to come back?”

“Are you feeling bad now that I’m back and all Aaron cares about now is me?” she smirks.

“No, I don't feel bad at all, well...maybe just a little bit, but I’m actually quite happy. Because Aaron is now happier than before. He seems like he's doing better than before. I’m happy for him.”

“Why? Why aren't you mad at all?!”

“Why should I be? Although the time that we're together wasn't that long, as long as I had a little time to show him that I love him, it was enough. And it's because I love him that I let him go to where he finds his happiness. Because I love him I won't take that happiness away from him. I want him to be happy everyday. I’ve had enough of his gloomy days, it's time happiness takes it's place” Gui Gui explains. She wipes her tears and looks at Joanne.

“What about you? Do you love Aaron? If you do than why did you leave him in the first place?” Gui Gui asks. All she wanted to do was get the truth out from Joanne's mouth other than telling Joanne that she knew everything. 

“Of course I love him!” she said and looks down at her hands.

“I love him more than anything...” she said softly. “But things never turn out as the way you want it to be. And...it's none of your business.”

“Alright” Gui Gui replies. “I won't ask you anymore. But please love him with your heart. Don't love him because you need to.”

“Please leave now, you're not welcome here.”

Gui Gui got up and headed towards the door.

“If you need financial help, come find me” Gui Gui said before leaving.

 

 

 

****

Srry, for the languages. 

And at first I plan to make Joanne pure evil, but then I changed my mind. 

I hope it's okay. :D