It has Always been You

It has Always been You


That next week.

“Aaron!” Chun yells in the hall. Students then immediately made way for him. Aaron turns around as Joanne was beside him and bam! He was knock down to the ground by Chun's punch making Joanne scream like crazy.

“What are you doing?!” Joanne yells as she got down beside Aaron who's lips are bleeding now.

“You STAY OUT OF THIS” Chun said as he looks at Joanne coldly, making her jump back.

Aaron also looks at Chun confused, this was the first time that he saw him this angry. And he didn't understand, they where still getting a long a few days ago.

Chun grabs Aaron's collar as he was on the ground and pulls him up.

“I promised Gui Gui and Ariel that I wouldn't get involve in this, but you're going too far!” Chun raises his voice. “Although Gui Gui and I aren't that close, she's still my cousin. I won't let you hurt her like that even though you're my friend.”

“Then you tell me. What did I do wrong?” Aaron said as he pushes Chun's hand away from him. “I call her but she doesn't answer. I look for her but she hides from me. Nobody is telling me what I did wrong. Why don't you just tell me then!” he raises his voice.

“I'll tell you! What does Gui Gui mean to you? And what does this lady beside you mean to you? Did you know what she witness?! She witness-”

Aaron froze, he finally got it.

“Chun!” they heard Gui Gui's yells. Chun turns around and saw Gui Gui standing before him. “Stop, I beg you” she said softly.

Joanne then quickly went beside Aaron and help him.

“But-”

“Thank you, but this is between me and him, I don't want you to get involve” she said to Chun.

“Sorry, I just can't stop myself.”

“Apologize accepted” she said and looks at Aaron who stares at her back.

“Hey stranger, I feel like skipping school today, want to tag long?” she asks him with the best smile she can give.

“Don't go” Joanne complains.

“I'll go” Aaron said and pulls Joanne’s arms away from him.

“Then I'll go with you” she said.

“No, I'll go by myself” he looks at Joanne.

That look that he gave Joanne was soft and sincere, Gui Gui felt like running away.

“Gui Gui” Xiao Xun said.

“I'll be fine” Gui Gui said and leads the way as Aaron follows her.

- - - - -

Gui Gui smiles and looks at the waves as they hit the shore.

“Isn't it nice here?” she smiles and looks at Aaron.

Aaron looks at her and nodded.

She took a deep breath and leans back using her hand to hold her up. She closes her eyes as the sun rays shine down at them.

“Gui Gui,” Aaron said softly. “What's wrong with us?”

She opens her eyes and sat back up.

“Nothing...” she looks away from him to hide her tears. “I don't know what really happened. We were together just awhile ago, being lovely dovely” she laughs. “But suddenly, things just turned out this way” she blinks her tears away and looks at him. “Aaron, I think that it's time we get a break from each other. You need to clear up your mind and make your decision. You can't be dating one while the other is always on your mind and with you right? And I can't date someone who doesn't have me on their mind anymore. I feel really left out.”

“So, you want us to end this relationship?”

“Mm” she nodded. “I think that it's the best for now.”

“....”

“I know you still have her in your heart. And I know that I was just a mere replacement for her wasn't I?” she said as tears ran down her face. She quickly wipes them away. “She was the one that changed you so much, and I was the one that you use to forget about it.”

“It's not like that-”

“I know!” she said interrupting Aaron. “I know, that our relationship, was never a serious one, it was never to you” she whispers. She wipes her tears again and got up. “When you're mind is clear, please let me know, I will support it” she gave him a last smile before running off.

But before she got too far Aaron ran and hugged her tightly from behind.

“Why won't you let me talk? Why won't you let me explain? Why won't you listen to me?”

“Because...” she cries some more. “I'm afraid that it'll give me more pain then what I have now...Please let me go” she whispers.

With that said he slowly lowers his hands and watch as she gets further and further away from him. He felt like she's never gana come back. But at the same time she was right, he had to sort out his mind, he was wrong to make her hurt like this.

- - - - -

Gui Gui went back to school to get some books, and just as she was leaving she heard Joanne’s voice.

“Sorry, please give me some more time” she said with a trembling voice. “I promise that I'll give you 30,000 NT (about 900 USD) by the end of this month.”

“You still owe me 100,000,000 NT.”

“I don't owe you, my father does.”

“But you're his good daughter right? So you will pay the bills won't you?”

“I will, just wait.”

“Listen girl, I don't have much patient any more. Aren't you going to ask your rich boy friend to help you? You remembered what we did to him last time right?”

Joanne remembered clearly, she witness them stabbed Aaron. She couldn't do anything, she was weak and hurt, they had also beaten her up.

“I remembered...” she said with anger.

“So you better use him up and use him wisely, because we're coming to get you,” Gui Gui heard an angry male on the other line said.

“I know” she said and hung up the phone.

Gui Gui then quickly hide in the girls restroom as Joanne walks passes her.

Gui Gui slowly walks out as she was not believing what she had heard.

'Joanne was using Aaron?' she thought to herself. 'But...' she got everything cleared now. She knew what she was going to do.

- - - - -

“Where's my beer?!” Gui Gui heard some crash noises from inside the house.

“Sorry,...I...I didn't have enough money to buy you some” she heard Joanne’s voice said.

“Well find a way to get me some beer! Otherwise, I’m going to beat you up!”

Gui Gui heard the door open and quickly ran away to hide herself. She watches as Joanne walks out of her home with her hair all messed up. She was crying. She fixes her hair, wipes her tears and walks away.

Gui Gui then got out of her hiding spot and walks up to Joanne’s house.

'This explains a lot' she thought and then digs into her bag. She took out all the change she has on her, wraps them in a piece of paper and stuck it into their mailbox.  

 

 

****