It has Always been You

It has Always been You


Gui Gui sat outside waiting for her father to return Aaron.

Beep! Beep!

She quickly got up and smiles in relief.

Aaron got out and bid good-bye to Mr. Wu, as Gui Gui waved to her father.

“Eh, what did my dad say to you?” Gui Gui asks Aaron as the car disappears.

Aaron turns to her and smiles.

“It's a secret between me and Mr. Wu” he said as he pinches her cheeks making her pout.

“Let's go on a small ride” he said as he walks away towards his car.

Gui Gui quickly follows him and puts her arm around his. With his positive reaction she knew everything went well.

“Why are we going on a small ride? And where are we going?” she asks him.

“Give me a kiss and I'll tell you where” he said as he opens the door for her.

She lightly pinches his nose and got in his car.

- - - - -

Gui Gui woke up by the sound of Aaron closing the door. She opens her eyes and noticed that the sun was already going down.

She got out of the car and joins Aaron at the hood of his car.

“Hey” Gui Gui said as she sat next to Aaron.

“Did I wake you up?” Aaron ask as he puts his arm around her waist pulling her closer towards him.

“No” she said and looks out towards the city below them. “Wow, it's so pretty up here” Gui Gui lays her head on his chest. “The sunset is so pretty. Why did you take me here all of the sudden? Weren't you mad at me awhile ago?”


“I just want you all by myself. And when was I mad at you?” he looks at her weirdly.

“Selfish little Aaron Yan” she pinches his nose again. “You dear say that you're not mad at me?”

Aaron puts both of his hands around her waist and pulls her very close to him.

“I know it's my fault, please forgive me” he made puppy eyes. “I know I’m wrong.”

“That's good that you finally know you're wrong...Hey” she said and looks at the city down below them.

“Hm?”

“Close your eyes, I have something to give you.”

Aaron smiles and did as told.

“Are you planning to secretly kiss me?” he giggles.

“Nope” she smiles as she dig out his necklace out of her pocket and held it before him.

“Alright open your eyes.”

Aaron opens his eyes and was shock to see what he saw before him.

“How did you get this?” he said as he took it from her and looks at it closer.

“It happened three years ago. I was walking home from work and ran into a stranger who was hurt and lying on the ground. I helped him and called the ambulance. Before we were leaving to the hospital I saw this necklace lying on the ground, so I picked it up and kept it...on accident that is. And it looks like that stranger kept my ring that accidentally fell off my finger” she said as she looks at her ring that hangs around his neck by a necklace.

He felt the ring and quickly took it off.

“So...this is yours?” he questioned.

She nodded. “If you look on the inside, it has my name on it.”

Aaron quickly looks inside of the ring and saw her name, but it was in a small writing.

“Gui Gui” he read it off.

“It's a family ring. My father and mother has one too.”

“Then this means that you're the girl who saved me?” Aaron ask still a little confused.

“You can say that.”

“Then why did you stop coming to the hospital after that day?”

“I couldn't come, the next morning I left to go study abroad, so how could I come and see you?” she looks at him.

“That's why...that's why I found your voice so familiar. I just remember the voice of the angel who saved me” he said making Gui Gui blushed.

“So all along...it has always been you” he hugs her tightly.

Then he pulls away and looks at her.

“Why didn't wait for me today?”

“Because I thought that you slept in. And you didn't even give me a call that you'll come late” she pinches his cheeks. “My turn to ask. Why did you follow me? Learning to be a stalker? Wait I think you are a stalker to begin with,” she chuckles.

“Hey, just checking on my girl to see if she's truthful to me or not” he pinches her cheeks back.

“So am I truthful?” she gave him a evil eye.

“Yes my little Ghost” he leans in and kisses her. “I'm so happy that I have you.”

'I'll always be truthful to you. But the real question is...will you always be truthful to me?' she thought as Aaron kisses her forehead. She looks up at him and smiles.