It has Always been You

It has Always been You

“Thanks” Gui Gui said as she opens the door. “I'll give the clothes back after I wash them” she looks at Aaron and was about to go out but he pulls her back and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips.

“You're beautiful tonight” he said as he pulls away from the kiss and looks at her.

She blushed in the dark night. “To tell you the truth, you're handsome today too” she blurts out. “I mean just today you are” she quickly said.

She could now see sorrow in his eyes, but don't know why. “Aaron,” she said slowly.

“Hmm?” he said still looking at her.

“That ring on your necklace, where did you get it from?”

“Someone that is very important to me.”

“Who?”

“I'm tired, if you don't let me go home, I'm going to stay here.”

“In your dreams,” Gui Gui said and got out.

Aaron rolled down the window. “Night, dream of me” he said before driving off.

“Who wants to” she said and remembers the ring. She then quickly went into her house and look through one of her boxes that she puts her important things and found a necklace that she picked up from the street where she saved a guy three years ago.

The letter on the necklace was A. She took the necklace out of the box and took a closer look at it under a lamp. She turns the A and the light bounces off of it. On each end at the bottom of the A she could read two letters, it was A and Y.

'It can't be can it?' she thought and shook her head. Just as she was thinking her bulb on her lamp went out. When she got up and was about to go get a new bulb the necklace glowed. It glowed two words.

“Aaron Yan” Gui Gui read the glowing words that went across the letter A. “But how can it be?” she thought confused. 'That's why he was so familiar the first time I saw him with Ya Tou and Xiao Xun...then that means that he must have a cut on his stomach!' she thought and got more interested into Aaron.

“That stranger three years ago...is Aaron,” Gui Gui thought deeply.

- - - - -

Gui Gui thought about Aaron the whole day as she was at home working on some paper work.

Then her door bell ranged. She got off of her thoughts and went to open the door.

“Aaron?” she said surprised upon seeing him. “What are you doing here?”

He quickly fell over towards her. She caught him and smelled alcohol.

“Why did you drink again?” she said as she pulls him inside.

She lays him down on the sofa and looks at his face with his eyes closed.

“Is you're life really that miserable?” she asks him quietly as her hand unintentionally touches his face.

She suddenly jumped when his hand went over hers. She saw him opens his eyes and regrets asking him what she just did.

“A-”

Before she could start he pulls her down and turn them over. She ended up laying on the small sofa next to him with his head on her shoulder and his hand over her tummy.

“My life is really this miserable” he said.

Now she really felt guilty.

“Aaron.”

“Please stay with me tonight” he said.

She heard his voice trembling, and then she felt her shoulder wet.

'He's....crying' she thought and touched his head.

“Okay, I'll stay with you tonight” she blurt out.

With that said he hugs her tighter and cried some more.

Gui Gui didn't know when he fell asleep, or when she did, but the next morning she woke up seeing his face first. Somehow a smile came up to her face, and uncontrollably her hand moves up and touches his cheek gently.

'I don't know why, but feels so good when I'm with you' she thought. 'After being with you these days, you're not that bad after all...Aaron, I want you to share your pain with me.'

She moved her hand away and got up to wash herself and to go and prepare breakfast.

- - - - -

“Smells good!” Aaron said as he walks through the hall all washed up.

“It'll be good in a bit” she smiles as she turns to look at him. He raised his hand up to stretch and his shirt lifted a little. She saw his scar.

'It is him' Gui Gui thought and turns back around.

“Here” Gui Gui set the plate on the table.

“Thanks!” Aaron said as he looks at the food. He then stuff a pancake into his mouth.

Gui Gui also began to eat.

“Aaron, where did you get that scare from?” she asks although she already knew.

“What scare?”

“The one on your tummy.”

“Oh, I got it three years ago, from an accident. Why are you looking at my stomach? Checking me out?” he smiles. “Don't tell me you really like me now”

“As if I would” she said. “Why did you come to my house drunk last night? Did you had a fight with someone?”

He puts his fork down.

“Sorry, you don't have to tell me if you don't wan too” she said quickly. Then her phone ranged.

She looks at Aaron before going to get her phone.

“Chun?” she answers.

“Gui Gui have you seen Aaron?”

“Why?”

“Yesterday, he had a fight with his sister and ran away. We still can't find him.”

“What actually happen?” she asks not telling him that Aaron's at her house yet.

“His sister came back from doing her dream job.”

“Isn't that a good thing?”

“But, she brought a fiance with her too...”

Gui Gui slowly closed her phone after telling him that Aaron's at her house.

'So, that's why.'

Gui Gui returned to eat and saw Aaron watching TV. She finishes her plate and wash the plates up.

“Aaron, accompany me to a place okay” she said as she went and sat down beside him.

He turns to look at her.

“Where?”

She smiles. “Don't ask, you'll know when we get there” she said and pulls him out of her house.