It has Always been You

It has Always been You

Gui Gui looks up and saw a familiar face and figure. “Ariel?”

“It is you!” Ariel hugs her. “When did you get back? Wait, why are you here at the hospital?” she ask and looks at Gui Gui worried. “Did you get hurt?” Just as she said that she noticed Gui Gui's bleeding lip.

Gui Gui smiles, “I'm fine. And I came back last week.”

“Oh you came back and didn't come see me” she pretended to be mad.

“Sorry, I was so busy with settling down that I forgot.”

“What?! How could you forget your cousin!”

“Sorry, sorry, I'll make it up to you okay. How about we go out to dinner when you're free.”

“Alright, you must remember, and you said that you're fine but what is this?” Ariel points to Gui Gui's lip.

“Oh I just kinda got into accident. No big deal. I came to see a friend who's currently here.”

“Really? Who?” she looks around.

“He's in this room” Gui Gui points to the door beside her.

“He? Can't possibly be your BOY-friend can it?”

“No way” Gui Gui said quickly disgusted by the thoughts of it. “Anyways why are you here?” she said changing the topic.

Ariel smiles and stood up. She fixes her uniform and show Gui Gui her name tag.

“Oh you became a doctor?!” Gui Gui said surprised.

“Yeap. In a few more year then I'll be taking over my father's hospital. I-”

Then her beeper beeped to go to a surgery. “Well I got to go now, but here” Ariel wrote something down on a piece of paper and hand it to Gui Gui. “It's my number, call me when you're going to treat me to that dinner you owe me.”

Gui Gui smiles. “Alright. See you later” she got up and watch Ariel walk away.

Gui Gui puts the paper into her bag and walks into Aaron's room.

She sat down beside his bed and looks at him.

“Where I have I see you before?” she ask herself. “I really...feel like we've meet before, but where?” she said and tilts her head.

- - - - -

Aaron finally woke up. He opens his eyes and looks around. He spotted Gui Gui asleep on the sofa with a small lamp beside her on. A smile came to his lips.

Gui Gui heard the toilet flushed in the bathroom and got up to see that Aaron was not in his bed. She got up and walks towards the bathroom when it suddenly opens. She saw Aaron standing there.

“Worried about me?” he smiles and began to walk back to his bed.

“You wish” she said and follows him.

“Then why are you still here?” he asks as he got into bed. “You like me now don't you?” he smirk.

“You're friends wanted me to stay” she lied, as she couldn't find a better excuse.

He suddenly felt sad.

“So if they didn't ask you to stay, then you wouldn't stay here?”

“Exactly” she said and sat down on the sofa.

There was a long silence between them.

“When can I leave?” Aaron ask not looking at her.

“Tomorrow,” she said and walks towards Aaron. “Here's your keys to your car. Your car is parked in parking lot A. Since you're awake now, I'm going home” she said and turns around.

Aaron quickly grabs her hand. “Can you stay with me?” he asks. “It's a question.”

She turn and looks back at him. His tone in asking this question was so sad.

“It's very lonely to stay here alone” he said quietly.

She shook his arm off hers.