Skipping Class

The Bubble Tea Store

 

The whole afternoon was a blur. I'd just be staring blankly at the wall during class or sketching on my notebook out of boredom. 

Lunch was over and the hallway was almost deserted as students began to go to their classes. I closed my locker and looked to my right. Sehun and a group of his friends socialized happily by his locker, not minding if they were late. I didn't pay much attention to them and went in the ladies' room to fix my hair. Minutes later, I walked out and then suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized.

"That's okay, Hyemi," Sehun gladly said with a smile. "You took so long in there."

"I was only in there for a couple of minutes. Were you waiting for me?" I scanned the hallways and it was practically empty. 

"Yeah. Can you lend me a pen?" Sehun asked. I looked at him suspiciously. 

"A pen? You waited just to ask for a pen?"

"Yes," he nodded innocently.

"Well, I dont have one. It's in class," I shrugged and then started to walk away.

"Wait," Sehun suddenly grabbed my shoulders and spun me completely around. "Are you still mad at me for what I did this morning? You know I get crazy when it comes to bubble tea."

I brushed his hands off, "No, I'm not mad. Just forget about it."

"Good, because it wasn't my fault. You shouldn't bring those things to school. I take things I like," he replied.

"You always take my stuff though! Fine, I'll bring a different flavor next time. Do you like strawberry?"

He beamed. "I love strawberry!"

I mentally slapped myself.

"Sehun, I have to go to class now, okay?" I walked past him.

"Wait! I'll walk you to class," Sehun put his arm around my shoulder and dragged me along with him.

"But my class is this way!" I looked behind me.

He was purposely leading me in the opposite direction of where my class was. 

Sehun smirked, "Well, my class is this way."

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

"It's such a beautiful day today," Sehun relaxed on the grass, lying down with his head resting on his hands.

I was forced against my will to accompany him in the soccer field, claiming that he had gym class. What a liar. 

"Here. This it'll make it even better," I pulled out some grass, collecting a handful before sprinkling it all over him.

"Hyemi, it doesn't!" he dusted himself off. I sat beside him with my legs crossed with an annoyed expression on my face. 

"We're going to get in trouble," I told him.

"No, we're not. No one will know we're here," Sehun calmly replied, closing his eyes. 

"What are you talking about? We're right in the middle of the field!" I yelled, interrupting his peaceful state. 

"Will you calm down?" Sehun opened one eye. "Stop complaining. I know you prefer to be outside than be bored in class."

"You're right. But you being here is ruining it for me."

"Come here, Hyemi. I want to tell you something," Sehun motioned me to lie down beside him.

I shook my head, "I can hear you from over here."

"No, I can't let anyone else hear." 

My eye twitched at his excuse. 

"No one's even here!" I exclaimed.

"Did I tell you you look cute when you're angry?"

"Yes. Was that what you wanted to tell me?"

"No. Just come here," Sehun suddenly pulled me forward, causing me to lie flat on my stomach next to him.

I sighed. "Tell me."

Sehun still had his eyes closed with a smile on his face, "Nothing special really. I was just going to say that you're a breath of fresh air."

I hung my head, knowing that he was going to say something cheesy. 

"Stop with that," I whined. 

"What?"

"Sweet talking. I don't like it."

"Liar. You like it when I tease you."

I scoffed at how confident he said it. "I don't!"

"You blush when I tell you how cute you are," Sehun continued. 

"What?! No, I don't!" I protested. 

"Baekhyun notices it," he said. 

My head whipped in his direction at the mention of Baekhyun's name. 

"Since when are you and Baekhyun friends?" I asked curiously. 

"We've always been friends. We always talk in class but you wouldn't know that because you're not in most of our classes."

What?! Baekhyun is friends with my enemy? Baekhyun's my best friend and he decides not to tell me that he's secretly having a bromance with Sehun?!

"I'm going to kill him," I muttered under my breath. 

"He tells me stuff, you know," Sehun continued.

"Like what?" I asked as I continued to pull the grass softly in front of me.

"Your secrets."

I instantly froze.

"Secrets?" I repeated. He nodded sheepishly.

"Yeah, right. Baekhyun wouldn't just tell you my secrets," I replied confidently.

"Other than you having an imaginary boyfriend when you were eight," Sehun tried to bite back a laugh. My jaw dropped. 

"Shut up!" I shoved him. "I can't believe he told you that!"

"You don't need an imaginary boyfriend, Hyemi. You have me!" Sehun grinned happily.

I swiftly pushed myself off the ground and dusted my clothes clean, having enough of his teasing.

"I'm leaving!" I said.

"Hyemi!" Sehun grabbed my wrist to prevent me from stomping away. "Don't worry, it's cute."

I wrinkled my nose, "Don't say 'cute'. I don't like that word. Especially when you say it."

"What if I tell you one of my secrets. Will that make it even?" Sehun raised his brows.

"No."

He crossed his legs and pulled me down in front of him, "I'll share one. You'll be surprised."

I just glared at him.

"Don't look at me like that. It makes me want to hug you," he cooed.

"Just tell me," I ordered. 

Sehun took a deep breath as if he was nervous to reveal his biggest secret.

 

"I like you."

 

Silence followed. 

My eyes then narrowed in suspicion.

"No, you don't," I concluded. 

Sehun chuckled, "You're right. I don't."

I facepalmed at his immaturity.

"But I did tell all of my friends that I think you're the prettiest girl in school," he confessed.

"And why would you say something like that?" 

"Because it's true," he grinned.

Suddenly, we heard a whistle blowing, making us turn our heads to where it came from. We noticed the gym teacher standing at the end of the field holding a soccer ball, his group of students also watching the scene behind him. 

"Oh, no," I panicked as I quickly stood up and tugged on Sehun's sleeve. "Let's run!"

"Kids!" the teacher called us which made me stop in my tracks. He jogged over to us. "Why aren't you both in class?"

"I was feeling light-headed so I decided to get some fresh air," Sehun lied. Then the teacher's eyes landed on me.

"A-And I'm here to make sure he's okay," I pointed at Sehun and faked a smile.

The teacher sighed, "Young love."

What.

"Sehun, if you made that excuse just to hide the fact that you wanted to spend time with your girlfriend then I'll let it slide. Just this once," the teacher continued, completely misunderstanding.

"W-What?!" I glanced back and forth at him and Sehun, shaking my head frantically. Sehun was trying to hold back a laugh. 

"Don't let this happen again. Now get out of my field," the teacher ordered. I quickly obeyed as I started jogging towards the school building.

"Hyemi, did you hear what he say?" Sehun asked with a hint of joy in his voice.

"Yes, I did! Why didn't you correct him?!" I asked. 

"Because it was too funny," he chuckled.

"Sehun, I've had enough of you today, okay? Leave me alone now."

He took a step closer to me, "Is my girlfriend in a bad mood?"

"Shut up! Don't call me that!" I pushed his chest.

"It's so fun how you get so upset easily," Sehun smiled in contentment.

"Please just go now! Get lost! Right now!" I continued to push him back.

"Okay, I'll just continue after school at the store!"

"Good.bye." I replied through gritted teeth.

"Okay. See you later. Don't miss your boyfriend too much!" Sehun yelled before turning in the corner.