Homework

The Bubble Tea Store

 

I made my way straight to the library right after I finished eating my lunch to catch up with school work and complete everything so I didn't have to do it at home. Plus, I won't have time to do it since I have to work at the store.

"Hyemi!" Baekhyun called me after spotting me in the corner of the library. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Where did you look?" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

He shrugged, "I don't know. The soccer field, the gym and the girl's locker room."

I don't even go to those places.

"That's where you're usually found, Baek. And seriously, the girl's locker room?"

"Don't be silly. I asked a girl to check if you were there. I'm not a ert!" he argued and sat next to me. 

I shook my head and directed my attention back to the books in front of me.

"Anyway, what's up?" I asked.

"I heard there's going to be a party this weekend. Wanna come with me?" he asked.

I pursed my lips in thought. I was about to open my mouth to answer but he immediately cut me off.

"Don't you dare say you'll be working!"

"I don't know. Sure? Maybe," I was undecided.

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes," Baekhyun grinned and gave me two thumbs up. "So what are you doing?"

"Just homework. Can you help me?" I looked at him with pleading eyes and then slid the textbook across the table in front of him.

"I would but I have a basketball meeting in two minutes. And you know I hate History," he replied.

Looking around, he tried finding someone else who was willing to help.

"Hey, Hyemi. Why don't you ask Sehun?"

My eyes stopped reading the words in the textbook when I heard what he said.

He did not just suggest that.

"Are you kidding me?" I stared back at Baekhyun. 

"Come on~," he pushed on.

I looked up and noticed that Sehun was two tables away from where we were, reading a book. We were face-to-face. It didn't look like he knew we were here.

"No way," I firmly said.

"Why not? He has a crush on you," Baekhyun said it in an obvious tone of voice. I slapped his arm.

"That's a lie! We're not even friends. It's far beyond that."

"You're overreacting. Go," Baekhyun suddenly pushed me while I was still sitting down, causing me to almost fall off the chair. 

"What the heck?!" I shoved him hard back after regaining my balance. 

"Do it. I have to go. Bye," he pushed my head with a finger before leaving.

The thought of asking Sehun for help never crossed my mind. At all.

Trying not to get distracted, I read the lines in the textbook carefully to understand it, but I had no idea what it was talking about. Just then, with my head still down, my eyes diverted in Sehun's direction. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I ask him just one que-- NO. 

I shook my head firmly.

"Don't hesitate to ask me anything, Hyemi."

I froze when I heard my name.

"Cutie," the person said followed by a chuckle. My eyes narrowed as I lifted my head up slowly. I recognized that voice clearly. 

"Hello," Sehun had a smirk playing on his lips as he gave me a small wave.

My motivation to study has been destroyed.

"Shh. This is the library. No talking," I told him, returning my eyes back to my work.

"Come over here. We can be quiet together."

I just ignored him.

As I was finally immersed in what I was reading, a stack of books suddenly crashed itself on my table causing me to jerk aside. Startled, my wide eyes looked at the person who caused the massive ruckus.

"Hey, study buddy," Sehun wore a grin on his face.

"Go away, Sehun" I flatly told him.

"But I need your help."

"You shouldn't need help. You're the smartest in the school."

"Wow, was that a compliment? Thanks!" Sehun beamed before pinching my cheek.

What is with these unnecessary cheek-pinching?!

"Don't touch me!" I slapped his hand away. "Leave me alone!"

"I swear I will after you help me with this question," he took a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and started unfolding it. He then placed it in front of me. The question read:

Do you consider me as a perfect boyfriend?

What.

Sehun had his eyes on me, watching my reaction. He was trying to force down a sly smile. 

"What is this nonsense?!" I scrunched up the paper and threw it at him. "That's a stupid question!"

"But you still need to answer it! Yes or no?" Sehun asked.

"You already know what my answer is."

He grinned, "You're right. It's obviously a yes."

My eye twitched.

"Now that you've had your fun, leave! Right now!" I pointed at the door.

"Not yet, pretty. I have to help you," Sehun suddenly grabbed the pen I was holding and then read over my homework.

"I don't need your help."

"Are you serious? These questions are easy. I finished them in less than a minute," he boasted, completely ignoring my rejection.

I sighed heavily before hitting my forehead softly on the table. He then wrote things down, receiving a curious look from me.

"No, don't do it for me!" I tried snatching my things back but he moved away.

"Shh! This is the library," Sehun threw back what I had told him earlier without turning away from the notebook.

After five minutes, he put the pen down hard on the table to indicate his completion of the work.

"Done." 

I peeked over his shoulder and noticed the whole page completely filled. 

"There you go," Sehun then returned my book in front of me with a smile. I gave him a sideway glance.

"Thanks," I muttered under my breath. 

Out of nowhere, Sehun gave me a peck on the cheek before quickly standing up and running away.

"You're welcome. Bye!"

I looked at his disappearing figure with a shocked expression.

"OH SEHUN!" 

Before closing my books to prepare for next class, I read over his answers and nodded in amazement. Something suddenly caught my attention at the bottom of the page as it showed an arrow pointing. I followed where the arrow led to:

I'll see you at that party! ^^ xo