Wet & Wild

The Bubble Tea Store

 

Climbing up the second floor of the store, I threw my schoolbag on the table with Exo-K trailing behind me. This floor was my favorite place in the store because it's like a little playground for me. It was my own personal lounge with a balcony.

"Now, are you sure you don't want to come along to Jeju Island?" Baekhyun asked.

They took a seat before grabbing a snack or soda. There was only three days before their vacation started. 

Baekhyun would ask me the exact same question every hour, hoping my answer would change to the one they all wanted to hear. 

"I can't, Baekhyun," I pouted. 

I'd totally have my things packed already but I just can't go. I have responsibilities here. I can't just abandon school and leave my store unattended.

"Are you really sure?" Baekhyun asked, narrowing his eyes. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"Positive?"

"Yes."

"One hundred percent?" he pushed on. 

"One hundred and ten."

"Are you really, really, real--"

"I'M SURE!" I grew impatient. 

"It's no use, boys," Sehun spoke up. "I've tried already. She's made up her mind. She hates us all."

"I don't hate any of you," I cleared up, rolling my eyes. "Well, except you, Sehun. I never liked you."

My attention quickly turned to what Chanyeol and Kai were doing out in the balcony. Wide grins were plastered on their faces as they leaned forward on the rails, looking down at the streets below. They were holding their bags with small water balloons prepared inside. They had already dropped at least five since we came up here.

"What are you two doing?!" I asked. Kai threw the pink water balloon in the air and caught it with his hand.

"Bombarding people with these things. It's like having their own personal rain," he answered. I looked down and noticed wet circles on the pavement. 

"Well, we haven't actually targeted anyone yet. Here, you try it first!" Chanyeol gave me a balloon. 

"No! Stop this! We're going to get in trouble," I snatched the bag from them and zipped it up.

"Aw."

"Guys, we're supposed to be convincing her over here," D.O reminded them.

"No, enough. I've already told you my answer. All of you, leave!" I pointed at the stairs. They groaned, but still obeyed. 

"Good going, you losers," Baekhyun blamed Chanyeol and Kai in which Kai gave him a push from behind. 

They all disappeared downstairs and I was finally left in peace. I took my homework out and made my way to the very edge of the couch where I usually sit, only to find it already occupied. 

"Hey," Sehun smiled as I stood in front of him. 

"That's my seat. Get off," I told him.

"But there's a table right there. Do your work there," he nodded at the small table positioned across the room. 

"I want the couch though. You're supposed to be downstairs with the others. Get out."

"That's no use. I know you'd just call me right back up after I leave."

"I won't! That's my seat!" I repeated. 

"We can both sit in it. I'll stay here and you can sit on my lap." 

Oh my god, I'm about to flip a table.

"SEHUN, GET OFF NOW!" I growled. 

"OKAY, OKAY, I WILL!" he surrendered. 

He stood up, took a small step to the right and sat back down. I'd be able to fit in the spot where I wanted to sit but our shoulders would definitely brush against each other. 

"Move a bit more," I ordered with a wave of my hand. He purposely ignored me.

"Fine," I grumbled and sat on the empty space.

As predicted, skinship occurred. Sehun didn't mind at all and I wasn't planning on showing my discomfort. I opened my books and began studying. 

A couple of minutes passed and I found myself encountering a difficult question in Math. Just then, I felt Sehun stir beside me. I glanced at him and saw that he was still watching the program on tv.

"Stuck on something?" Sehun asked withing removing his eyes from the screen.

"Yes, but I don't need your help," I said.

"Okay, I wasn't going to help you even if you asked." 

Another minute passed and the problem was still unsolved. I let out a disappointed sigh and dropped my pen. 

"Hyemi, can you make me my favorite drink," Sehun asked out of the blue. 

"No, go order downstairs," I responded. 

"But I'm a customer," he reasoned, turning his head to me. 

"I'm not working right now though."

"Get it. Go," he ordered me.

"No. You get it." 

"No, you!"

"Sehun! I'm not going to do it," I stood my ground.

"Please?"

"Don't be lazy!" I told him. 

"If you get it for me then I won't annoy you for the rest of the day," he tried to convince me.

I didn't believe him one bit. He was obviously lying, but realizing he wasn't going to drop this favor, I reluctantly agreed. 

I gave his forehead a small flick, "Fine, just this once."

I pIaced my textbooks on his lap and then went downstairs to make two chocolate bubble teas. When I finished them and was about to take a step up the stairs, someone called my name. 

"Hyemi!" Baekhyun yelled.

Exo-K was sitting on the large table with their drinks in hand. They were now accompanied by Exo-M. 

"How come Sehun gets to stay with you? That's not fair," Baekhyun pointed out. 

"I've tried kicking him out but he's just too stubborn," I just shrugged. 

"Oh. So can we go up then?" D.O beamed. I shook my head. 

"No, sorry. It'd be way too crowded if the rest of you join us. Maybe next time," I said. Without another word, I returned to Sehun. 

I swear I wasn't lying to them. I certainly didn't want to be alone with Sehun but I knew that If I let all twelve of them stay up here with me every one would just push each other around for space. 

"Here," I gave the drink to Sehun and he gladly accepted it. The books on his lap were left untouched. 

I began drinking mine before I sat back down next to him and got my stuff again. I choked on my drink when I looked at my page. All the math problems were solved. 

"What the heck?! Why did you answer all of the questions?!" I yelled.

"Oh, I thought you wouldn't notice," was his excuse.

"I'm not stupid!"

"Aren't you grateful?" he asked.

"Does it look like I am?" I glared at him. 

"No. I had to do it though. You weren't paying enough attention to me."

I started to hit him with my book.

"Ow! Violence is not the answer!" he managed to yell as I hammered his shoulder with my book endlessly. 

At that moment, someone cleared their throat, making me stop. Sehun and I looked at the person.

"Um, are we disturbing your studies?" Luhan awkwardly asked. The rest of Exo was behind him.

"Actually, we just finished," Sehun answered for me. 

"Really? That's good! We were about to go to the park," Xiumin cheerfully said. "You want to join us?"

"Sure!" Sehun excitedly replied and got up. Then their eyes landed on me. 

"You guys go ahead. I'll stay here," I told them. Their faces fell. 

"Can you not be a party pooper for once and just say yes?" Baekhyun asked in a sarcastic tone. 

"This might be the last day we get to see you before we leave for Jeju Island," Sehun reasoned. 

I paused for a second. 

"Who cares what she thinks. Just carry her out if she still refuses," Kris spoke. 

"Fine, I'll go!" I had no choice but to agree. 

At that moment, Chanyeol pushed his way towards the corner of the room. He picked up his and Kai's bag and hugged them tightly. 

"We'll be needing these," a mischievous smile appeared on his face. 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

I hate this game. 

I hid behind a tree, scowling. I was drenched from head to toe. 

When we reached the park, we got ourselves more water balloons and when the game began, they all targeted me. All twelve of them. I didn't have time to throw a single water balloon at them because water had already blurred my vision. They chased me around the fountain three times while I screamed for my life. It wasn't fun.

"Hyemi, come out! We've run out of water balloons!" Suho shouted from somewhere. I didn't know where because we were all hiding. 

Even though he was the honest one, I couldn't trust anyone at this moment. 

"NO!" I shouted. 

"Really! It's safe!"

They're stupid if they think I'm going to expose myself.

"There you are," I heard a voice near by. I jumped in surprise when the person suddenly revealed themselves from behind me – Sehun. 

He was dry. No water evident anywhere.

"I hate you!" I yelled before shooting the water balloon at his chest. Water splat everywhere. 

His eyes shut tightly from the impact, "Okay, I guess I deserved that."

"Go away. This is my hiding spot," I shooed. 

"I think the game's over. Or maybe they ran to the convenient store to get some more balloons," he shrugged as he looked down at his wet shirt.

I groaned on the inside. 

"I'm just going to run home, okay?" I told him.

"No, don't leave me," Sehun hugged my arm.

"Sehun!"

"We'll just stay here till they run out of them." 

Helpless, I sat cross-legged on the grass. He sat across me.

"So, you're really not coming with us on Monday?" he confirmed. 

"No, I'm not. I can't."

"It's only for a week."

"I'm probably not going to notice you're gone. I'll have the greatest week of my life," I said. 

"Don't worry, I won't let that happen. Even though I won't be here physically, I'll still find a way to make you remember me."

I sighed.

"You're right. You'll still end up ruining everything," I hung my head, accepting the obvious fact. 

"Of course I'm right." 

We then fell silent. I took the opportunity to observe the park. It was a warm, sunny day and the park was present with families and children enjoying the lovely weather. 

I was glad that the boys made me join them outdoors. Of course, I would've appreciated it if I hadn't been forced against my will. But still, I'm surprisingly enjoying myself.

"Hyemi, stop thinking about me. I'm right here," Sehun interrupted my thoughts when he poked my left cheek. He was smirking. He surely wasn't going to stop.

"Not everything's about you! How many times do I have to remind you that?"

"I don't know, but obviously I was just on your mind," he replied smugly. I pushed his shoulders lightly. 

"Can you check if we can dry up now?" I asked him.

"Okay," he stood up and dusted himself clean. He then extended his arms for me, offering to help me up which I gladly accepted. 

Cautious, we peaked from behind the tree; Sehun looking on the right side while I was looking on the left. 

"Maybe they forgot about us," I said. 

"They gave up, right?" he raised an eyebrow. 

"Wrong!" a voice replied behind us. We quickly turned around and gulped at what was in front of us. 

The boys were armed with a large number of water balloons...and water guns.

"We certainly didn't forget about the both of you," D.O wore an evil grin. 

"Since we couldn't find Sehun anywhere we figured he'd be with you, Hyemi. And we were right!" Baekhyun explained. 

"Very funny," I sarcastically said. "No need to continue this war. You've already won."

"Not yet, silly. We need to get rid of all of these first," they lifted their water balloons.

"Get ready, boys," Chanyeol pretended to load his water gun. The others followed and lifted their plastic weapons. 

"No, wait! Don't! " I waved my hand frantically.

"Guys, you're being unfair!" Sehun spoke up. "One against twelve? Have a heart."

"You're right, Sehun. Let's make it two against eleven then. You and Hyemi against us!" Kai suggested.

"What?! No!" Sehun completely disagreed.

"Too late! Majority rules!" Baekhyun shouted.

Chanyeol had no patience left and yelled, "READY. AIM. FIRE!"

"Noo!" Sehun and I screamed simultaneuosly.

I tightly shut my eyes to prepare myself for the tsunami of my life. However, Sehun immediately stepped in front of me, shielding me from the freezing water. One hand was hugging my waist and the other was behind my head.

"AHAHAHA!" Exo insanely laughed. Sehun hugged me tighter.

​​​​​After five minutes, the throwing of balloons and shooting of water guns ended but the laughter continued. Sehun loosened his hold on me.

"Don't want to let go, huh?" Sehun chuckled.

"That was awesome!" Exo cheered.

"Okay, lovebirds. You can separate now," Baekhyun said, causing everyone to snicker.

Sehun removed his arms around me and faced the others. My eyes widened when I noticed how soaked he was. His shirt was see-through. 

"Nicely done, guys," Sehun said in a sarcastic tone with a thumbs up. He ran his hand through his wet hair. 

"I know!" Chanyeol proudly annoannounced.

"Let's get you both dried up. Let's go!" Luhan gestures us to follow him back to my store. 

"They used ice water," Sehun shivered, lifting his shoulders from the coldness. Despite it all, he still showed a smile.

I looked at him but immediately diverted my attention somewhere else because of his see-through shirt. 

"You didn't have to do step in front of me" I said.

"You're welcome," he replied.

I looked at his face. Small droplets of water trickled down his jawline and neck. He ran his fingers through his wet hair once again.

"Let's get you a towel," I said as I patted his shoulder.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

After changing into dry clothes, I walked out of the bathroom and dried my hair with a towel. The others were sitting on the couch and played with the gaming console. I noticed that Sehun was also drying his hair with a towel but his wet shirt was still on. 

"Put on dry clothes," I told him.

"I would but there aren't any around," he answered.

"There's spare clotheds in that bag," Kai pointed at the bag by Sehun's feet.

Sehun ped it and pulled out a black shirt. Without any warning, he grabbed the hem of his wet shirt and took it straight off. My jaw dropped to the floor. 

"Sehun, what are you doing?!" I shrieked.  

"Putting on dry clothes like you asked me to?" he said in an obvious tone. 

"Yeah, but not right in front of me!"

"Will you relax? This won't be the last time you see me like this," he teased. I felt by cheeks heat up.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"Hyemi, you look like a tomato. So cute!" D.O cooed.

Silent treatment was what they received from me for the following hours.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

Night time eventually fell and it was time for Exo to go home. 

"Today was fun. I hope you didn't mind all the wetness, Hyemi," Luhan said.

"I think this is the last day we'll be seeing you until we get back," Chen frowned.

"Let's hug it out," Luhan suggested. "Group hug!" 

I was then pulled into a massive group hug, being in the centre of it all. For the whole thirty seconds, oxygen didn't reach my lungs because of the tightness. I inhaled deeply when they finally let go. 

They walked to the front door and went outside but before Sehun could step out, I grabbed Sehun and spun him around. He was startled by the sudden action. 

"What?" he asked curiously. He then smirked. "Oh, did you want a goodbye kiss?"

I ignored his teasing.

"Was it worth it shelding me from all that water? You might get a cold now," I pointed out.

"Again, you're welcome," Sehun answered.

I rolled my eyes and murmured, "Thanks."

Then there was an awkward silence.

"Okay, then. Bye," I pushed him out the door. 

"Wait, you're not going to give me a proper thank you?" he asked.

"Proper thank you?" I questioned back. 

"Yeah," he said and pointed at his cheek.

"You want me to slap it?"

"No! Kiss me and I'll leave," Sehun smirked, leaning his cheek forward to me. I gawked at him. 

"No!" I refused. However, he didn't look disappointed since he knew I would react like this. 

"I know you'd never dare to. Anyway, I'm going. Bye," he waved.

"Bye."

Sehun was about to leave but turned around again to face me, "Oh, I forgot something." 

I didn't have time to ask him what it was because before I knew it, his lips had already planted a kiss on my cheek.

"See you, Hyemi!"

"OH SEHUN!"

He then quickly took off after shouting, "I'll miss you!"