Usual Monday

The Bubble Tea Store

 

As soon as the school bell rang, I hurriedly gathered my books and zipped my bag up. I bid my friends goodbye before walking through the school gates and straight over to my family's store to cover my shift. 

"Im here!" I announced when I entered the kitchen.

I threw my bag in a corner and observed what my mother was doing. Unpacking boxes, she quickly glanced over her shoulder and smiled when she noticed my presence.

"Change into your uniform and then wash the fruits," she ordered. 

"I'm going upstairs. I'll be right back," I told her before taking a fresh apple from the counter. 

Before I took a step up the stairs to change, I scanned the store, noticing that it was slowly beginning to fill up with familiar students from my school. A smile crept up my lips, knowing it was going to be just a typical Monday afternoon in the store.

As soon as I went in the restroom, I tied my hair up in a ponytail and changed. As part of my uniform, I had to wear a skirt with the small apron that waitresses always wear. To complete it, I placed my name tag on the pocket of my shirt.

"Hyemi!" I heard someone call me from downstairs. 

"One second!" I answered, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"Hyemi!!"

"Hold on!"

"HYEEMMIII!!!"

What the heck?!

"Give me a minute!" I shouted at the impatient person. 

"No, now!"

Rolling my eyes, I made my way downstairs.

"What do you want?" I looked at my best friend, Baekhyun.

"Nothing. I just thought you could get me my bubble tea," he smiled. 

Baekhyun has been my best friend since kindergarden and he's also my neighbor.

He loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves as he took a seat at the front near the area I was working at.

"It's pretty busy. I don't think I'll have time to chat," my eyes wandered at the line of customers beginning to form.

"You're not going anywhere until you make my bubble tea first," he said demandingly.

"What are you even doing here? You don't come by on Monday's," I told him as I poured milk in a cup. 

"What, I can't visit my friend during work?"

"Usually you'd ask me to help you with something."

"You're right. I need help with Math," he began taking out his books. 

Oh my god. His level of stupidity amazes me when he can't tell the difference between a busy restaurant and a library. 

"I'm working!" I told him. I added the pearls before sealing it completely. 

"So?" he shrugged.

"Go home or wait here till I finish," I replied, picking up a straw and handing his drink over.

I then glanced at my watch, noticing it was 3:44. As soon as the hand reached quarter to four, the door of the store opened, causing me to look up. I smirked, realizing the person who just walked in. 

Right on time.

Sehun instantly had everyone's attention. I scoffed when everyone looked at him in awe. The girls in the corner started whispering out of excitement. 

"I think I'll stay back and watch," Baekhyun made himself comfortable, leaning back on the counter. 

He knew that I didn't like Sehun.

"Nothing's going to happen. He'll just order and leave," I told him, hurriedly making more bubble teas.

"I don't care. I don't want to miss anything."

I rolled my eyes at his input. 

I took each customer's orders and when it was time for me to serve Sehun, he stared at me with a smirk on his face.

"What can I get you?" I politely asked.

"The usual," Sehun spoke. He took out his wallet and tossed the money beside the cash register. "Just bring it over when it's done."

Can you see why I dislike Sehun?

I could see Baekhyun's amused face in the corner of my eye as he slurped his drink, his eyes watching intently. 

"I'll be waiting," he winked, the smirk still playing on his lips before he turned around and joined his posse at the far end of the store.

My fake smile disappeared, replacing it with a glare.

"That was entertaining," Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Did you just see that?" I hissed. "He thinks he's so cool and can get whatever he wants when acting that way!"

"It was so worth it coming all the way over here just to witness that," Baekhyun shook his head with a grin. 

The one thing I hate about this job is serving Sehun everyday.