Believe Me

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2008-12-31 Lam’s mansion

Linda was dancing down the steps when Joel saw her “ wah, seems that someone are in a great mood, want to share?” with a shining smile Linda answered  it was all because of Ray “ we have spend a lot of time together these days, nearly everyday. It’s like he know I was worried about our relationship”

Joel nodded with impress “ well what did I say, Ray’s feeling for you are true just that he have had too much to do lately”

“yeah you are right, I shouldn’t have doubt him from hte start”

Joel patted her on the shoulder “ but Ray can’t give all his time to you, he still have Cheng Long to take care of”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:30pm Fung’s Bar

Ray sat in his couch and browsed through the pictures he have taken with Linda this couple of weeks and a small smiled appeared on his lips. Joel was right he should have give Linda a chance and it wasn’t as bad as he though it would be. This couple of weeks they have had fun together.

“You and Linda looked the same” Joel said and took up one of the pictures that where spread on the coffee table

“what do you mean look the same?” Ray asked and lie back the pictures on the table.

“ I just met her on the way here and she was dancing down the steps. Happiness was all written on her face. And when I entered I saw the smile on your face. Do you know how long it was since I saw you smile?” Joel said and walked to the bar “ I’m so happy for you”

What Ray didn’t saw was the sadness on Joel when he turned around “ thanks buddy, I don’t know what my feelings for Linda is right now but I do enjoy the time we spend together”

Joel poured up two glass of brandy and handed one to Ray “ well take your time and you will soon know that Linda is the right one for you. Believe me”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:00 Sheh’s mansion

Derek and Kenny walked up to Tzi Wah’s office “ we have done as you told. But why?”

Tzi wah turned around “ why? you never ask me why. Why do you ask this time?”

“ I know that you must have your own reason, but if we keep on with our plan Micheal can’t hold it too long” Derek said with eager

Tzi wah nodded with agreement “ yes you are right, if we keep on interupting their business they sure can’t keep it but how long can we last that? Money you can earn it back in no time. I want him pay back to me with something he can’t earn back”

“what will that be? and how can you be so sure we will success” Derek asked. Kenny patted Derek on the shoulder “ Tzi wah have her own plans. when time comes she will tell us, I’m I right?” and looked at Tzi wah who was giving them a light smile to confirm Kenny’s words “Believe me, I of everyone want Michael to pay back the most. But I will wait for the right time to appear”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:40pm A.C Law firm

Kevin get out of the lift and found that the light in Ada’s room was on “ hey are you working on New year’s eve?”

Ada jumped up in surprise “ you scared me, well unfortunately I’m but what are you doing here?”

“well I forgot an document here and I need it for court, so I came back to grab it” Kevin explained

Ada nodded “well, happy new year then” and get back to the computer screen

Kevin shook his head and walked up to her desk and covered her screen “ hey it’s new year eve. Shouldn’t you take a break? I’m sure this can wait”

Ada looked at Kevin and nodded “ ok you are right I should take a break” with a satisfied smile Kevin nodded “ well I don’t think you have any plans for today so why don’t you join me to say goodbye to 2008 and welcome the new year”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/1-11