Coincident

The Pain Behind The Darkness

 

 

2008-10-23 09:00 @ Tai Koo ice rink

 

Ray looked into the ice rink and saw no one as he expected on a weekday at this time and went into the changing room. When the skates was on he walked out and heard the workers' conversation “ is she here again?” one of the guys who just came in asked the other smiled and nodded “ yeah she is here like usual”

 

“wow, I can't understand that a girl like her will come here so often. I would love to know her” the first guy comment and looked out at the ice

 

Ray also took a look of curiousness and was surprised to see Charm skating around and made a triple lutz jump ending the jumps with a loop jump. Ray stayed where he was so he wouldn't be seen and could continue to enjoy her performance with out interrupting her.

 

One of the workers' patted Ray on the shoulder “ are you also amazed by her beauty and don't want to go out to the ice and disturb?”

 

Ray looked at the worker and smiled awkwardly

 

“ you don't need to feel embarrass everyone here is feeling the same” the worker said and looked at Charm who was skating thoughtlessly out there.

 

Ray looked at him and the others who have their fully attention on Charm and asked “ is she coming here often?”

 

The worker smiled at the question “ she is coming here twice a month but she doesn't have a specific date so if you want to see her again it's up to fate”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

2008-10-24 02:35 am

 

Tav where on her way home and Ron accompanied her using the excuse that it was late and he would worry about her safety on the way home.

 

“ are you tired?” Ron asked and hoped she would say no

 

Tav looked at him and saw those hoping eyes “ not really why?”

 

“if you are not too tired I though of taking you to a sweet soup store they have delicious sweet soups. It's just two blocks away ” Ron explained

 

Tav nodded “ it sounds good, I'm not too tired I would love to try out new stores”

 

03:15

 

Ron and Tav walked happily out from the store after their night meal “ wow it's late now, let's fetch a cab instead so you can faster can go to sleep, you did yawn multiple of times just now” Ron said and looked for a taxi but the road was empty.

“ we can continue our way and see if we can find one on the way. Do you often go to this store? The owner was very familiar with you” Tav asked while they slowly walked up the street

 

Ron smiled and nodded “ yeah, I have been to that store since I started out as a gangster. I almost come everyday”

 

“and you now took me here?” Tav complained jokingly

 

“ I have wanted to just that I had so much to do back then also you always leave in a hurry” defended Ron and walked past the alley when several men approach them from different directions from the other side of the road. Being the son of a territory leader and oneself growing up in the association Ron could sense the menace “run!” he called out and grabbed her hand and run up the street but was met by two men with steel tubes Ron backed and looked around there where just the alley they could escape from but from his experience it was never a good idea to take the alley but they had no choice.

 

When they where in the middle of the alley two other men jumped out which lead them to no where to escape. Ron hold tightly to Tav when backing to the alley wall to prevent her to get hurt, he lost his hold and was ready to fight back. The first one to attack was one of the guys that jumped out in the alley Ron dodged the attack by backing a half step and knelt the attacker in the stomach while he made a high side kick to prevent the other guy from the entrance of the alley. But his techniques wasn't enough to protect both of them, while dealing with three of them in the same time the fourth attacked Tav which Ron could prevent by taking the blow himself in a matter of seconds the other attacked and soon they both was laying on the ground where Ron hold Tav tightly to his chest and covered her so she wouldn't got beaten.

 

Tav called out for help and hope that someone could hear her in the same time a voice shouted “ hey! What are you doing. Stop it!” The only thing that changes after was the amount of people instead of eight people beating Ron it was five left while the other three attacked the one who came to help. When the hope was gone sounds from walkie-talkie was heard and two police officers shouted “Stop, police!” and the attackers run away.

 

Ron let go of Tav and looked at her with concern “ are you ok?” when Tav nodded he smiled weakly and split out blood before he fell unconscious. Tav cried out of fear when Ron fall unconsciously on her “ Ron! Don't scare me, Ron!”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

04:05 Yan oai hospital

 

Charm ran in from the entrance towards the emergency hall and saw Tav sitting outside “ how is Ron doing? I came as fast as I could after receiving your call” said Charm with worries

 

Tav shook her head “ I don't know, Ron is still inside. The doctor are doing their best. But he really get serious injured. If it wasn't because of me he could probably escaped” she said with a shaky voice

 

Charm sat down beside her “ it's ok, Ron will get trough this. It's not your fault don't blame yourself” Charm comforted and had her arm around Tav for support.

 

While they was waiting Leung sok came running in, worried all written over his face. Charm was surprised to see him here “ Leung sok? Why are you here? It's everything ok with you?” she asked while approaching him

 

“zhi wah did you also get the call from the police about Oscar in an accident?” Leung sok asked

 

Charm shook her head lightly “ what have happen to Oscar? Why would he be in the hospital?”

 

“ I don't know, I received a call from an officer who told me Oscar was in a fight or something. What's going on? If you send him on a mission shouldn't he have some backups?” Leung sok asked with frustration yet with uneasiness

 

“Leung sok I understand your concern but this have nothing to do with me, I never send him on a mission. But I promise you I will figure it out and find the one who are behind it” said Charm with a convinced voice.

 

Leung sok look at her and grin “ of course if you had mission you would have send your men when would it comes to Oscar. I will wait for you”

 

Charm wanted ask the comment just now but get stopped by the officer “ are you Oscar Leungs related? “

 

Leung sok nodded “yeah, I'm his father” and the officer continued “ your son is not in any danger, he just get some smaller wounds. The doctor will explain his condition.”

 

Charm supported Leung sok to the emergency room where Oscar sat on the patient bed “ how are you feeling” Leung sok asked

 

Oscar was surprised to see Charm there “ I'm fine dad it's just some scratches, Zhi wah jeh you are also here? Is it because of Ron?”

 

Charm looked at Oscar with surprise “ The doctors are still helping Ron, I don't know how serious it is. So you where the one who tried to help but got beaten up as well?”

 

Oscar nodded “ they where so many I couldn't do anything to prevent” Oscar said with frustration

 

Charm patted on his left shoulder which was not wrapped in bandage “ don't blame yourself you did all you could. Do you recognize any of them?”

 

Oscar shook his head “ it was so dark in the alley I couldn't have a clear view of them but they where really young probably new members”

 

Charm nodded “ ok rest and don't worry about this, I will handle it” said Charm hiding her suspicious.

 

When Charm walked out from the room Ron get transported out from the room beside, Charm stopped the nurse “ how is he doing?”

 

“he have one broken rib so he must be operate immediately, but his condition is stable don't worry” she said and leaved with a hurry

 

Charm look at Tav who stood there emotionless, she grabbed her arm and lead the way to the operation room “ Ron will be ok”

Ron was still sleeping when the doctor came in and explained his condition “ the operation was very successful, his condition is stable just need to stay for few more days. He will probably sleep to tomorrow morning. It better if you guys go home and rest and come back tomorrow instead the nurse will be taking care of him”

 

Charm nodded with a light smile “ thanks doctor” and turned to Tav who was sitting beside the bed “ let's go home and rest, I drive you”

 

Tav nodded and followed Charm down to the car.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Charm drove down the hill and stopped when Tav told her “ thanks for the ride” said Tav and went off the car

 

“take a warm shower and have some sleep don't think about tonight. Ron will be ok” said Charm before she drove away

 

Tav looked at Charms car when swung around the corner and looked up at the car who was parked higher up in the street who now have the headlight on and drove up to her.

 

“ are you ok? Are you hurt?” Bosco asked concerned when Tav went on

 

Tav nodded lightly when he drove off

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year everyone!

3/1-10