Wonder

The Pain Behind The Darkness

20:00pm

 

Joel walked into the room without knocking and found Ray laying in his bed like what he had expected him to “ well if you keep on acting this way everyone especially ka yan will wonder. Every time you hear her name you will either act uncomfortably or just leave without another word”

 

Ray sat up in the bed and looked at Joel “ I think it's you who are thinking too much and are too sensitive. I didn't think of her just that I didn't find any meaning in joining the conversation you guys had”

 

Linda walked towards Ray's room and found the door ajar and was about to knock and enter when she over heard Joel and Ray's conversation.

 

Joel sighed “ be honest to yourself Ray if nothing happen that night between you and ka yan you would still have the hope that you and her will have a chance in the future right”

 

Ray sat there in silent

 

Linda leaved with disappointment, Ray's silent was already an answer for her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Linda laid in her bed and though back was she just heard and her conversation with Joel

 

Flash back

Joel sat in the living room and waited for Ray and Linda to come back from the masquerade " they are still out at this time, seems it's me who worry to much" and get up from the couch and heading toward the stairs when the main door open

 

" hey you guys are back, I though of going to bed " said Joel and walked up to them

 

"Linda wanted to stay till the last dance that's why" said Ray and looked at Linda

 

With a smiling face Linda responded " well, I didn't have much chance to dance with you tonight. Also the last dance is really important"

 

Ray had a what ever expression " well, I'm going to sleep you guys can keep going" and went up to his room

 

"hey Ray.." Linda called out but Ray have already got up and didn't turn around

 

Joel looked at Linda and then up to Ray who closed the door behind " it's everything fine between you two?"

 

Linda smiled lightly " yeah, but I have a question do you know who Charm is and what kind of relationship they have?"

 

Joel was surprised by the sudden unexpected question but without any hesitation he answered her “ Charm was a friend of ours when we where kids but she was in an accident and lost her memories so her parents decided to migrate to Canada hoping for better treatment and that probably the last time we heard of her, why did you ask?”

 

Linda shook her head lightly “ nothing I was just wondering because I have heard Ray call out that name twice so I was just curious. I'm sorry to bring back the memories”

 

Joel shook his head “ it's ok, I didn't get to know her really well. I was still very young back then but I know that Ray have always hope to meet her again since they did grow up together until he turned ten. But don't tell him I told you this also try to not mention about her”

 

Linda nodded in understanding

 

end of flash back

 

Linda let out a sighed and rubbed her forehead about being so stupid for feeling jealous about someone who have been missing for years. The chance for them to meet up again was minimal and if they did in the future she was confident that Ray's feelings for her would have grew to a stable condition.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

22:30 Choi Long's main association

 

Derek walked into the room knowing that the elder was inside and waited for an explanation towards zhi wah's absence these days. Followed him behind was Kenny and Ron. When they entered all's attention was on Derek.

 

The first to spoke up was the oldest of them chai sok “ Derek can you tell us what's going on, why haven't zhi wah take care of Choi Long these couple of month and I can see that the younger are starting to be insubordinate” and had his gaze fixed on Ron who now was seated on the right side of the the chairman seat where Derek seated.

 

Derek looked at Ron's direction before he faced chai sok “ Chai sok, Zhi wah have other things to handle and the cops are watching us so it's not timely for her to appear here. And there are not special decision that need her presence. Zhi wah have said that if things turns up and are not to important I can make decision for her”

 

Lek sok who seated in the end of the table spoke up with irony “ not important? When did Choi Long mean no importance? Zhi wah should remember it was Choi Long who brought her up with out us and the elder to help the Sheh's they would own nothing. I bet she just put her company in her mind and have already forgot about us”

 

“ if you don't know then it's better for you to keep you mouth shut, zhi wah djeh always have Choi Long in her heart, even if she isn't present doesn't mean she haven't done anything. “ Ron flicked back hearing what Lek sok just said

 

Oscar who sat next to Kenny slammed his fits on the table “who do you think you are? How dare you use that attitude towards Lek sok. He is the elder and you are also the least experience here. You don't even have permission to talk here!”

 

Ron looked at Oscar and said with a smirk “ I didn't know there where any difference between the territory keepers besides the areas...”

 

“it's enough Ron”Derek said and put his hand up to sign him to stop. “ we all are working under zhi wah and are not hoping for more than Choi Long's good” said Derek

 

“is it really so? I don't want to hear you guys excuses for her I want too see zhi wah tomorrow with an explanation for us” said Chai sok

 

“ when zhi wah isn't here it have always been me and Derek who are in charge with Choi Longs business if isn't necessary we won't disturb her” Kenny said and get up from his chair in the same time as Derek and walked toward the entrance “ zhi wah told me to tell you all that she will give an explanation when she is back from Taiwan but that wont be tomorrow” said Derek before they leaved with Ron followed behind.

 

Lek sok slammed his hand on the table and got up “have this two even payed any respect to us! When zhi wah are back I want to hear her explanation and see her punish this two”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

23:20pm Nr1 Bar

 

Ron poured up three glass of brandy and served Derek and Kenny who sat in the couch “ how should we report this to zhi wah? the attitude we just had towards the elder isn't something she have expected us” Ron said

 

Before Kenny and Derek could response the door into the office get open and Damien came in “ if you really cared about the attitude then you wouldn't have said what you said”

 

“git sok” Derek and Kenny greeted

 

Damien looked at them “ I don't understand Derek, Kenny you both have been working in Choi Long for so many years why did this happen? In so many years zhi wah have always jan yeung (which mean tolerate and bear) the elder now that you guys have been saucy, then all this years what zhi wah have done is just worthless!”

 

“dad how did you get to know this?” Ron asked with unbelievable.

 

Damien glared at Ron “ Your father I haven't died yet why wouldn't I know? Even if I have leaved the association doesn't mean I don't have my ways to get inside information”

 

“ you don't understand, if you where there just you would probably act the same way. We know that we shouldn't be saucy towards them but the attitude they had didn't show any respect for zhi wah djeh either” said Ron to convince his father.

 

“ I know, when I was at your position they already acted that way but that doesn't mean you guys can be disrespectful. Zhi wah have never said a thing so you should have done the same” demanded Damien

 

“Don't argue you two, we understand your meaning Git sok as you said I and Derek have been under Choi Long for so long we know what we are doing” said Kenny

 

Meanwhile Derek get up from the couch and poured up another shot of brandy and handed it to Damien “ Git sok trust us, we know what we are doing” said Derek

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

2008-09-14 00:15am Oscars house

 

Oscar slammed the door behind when he got in which caught his fathers attention “ what's going on? Who have made you this angry?” his father asked and walked up to him.

 

Oscar looked at his father “ what's going on? If you where here today you will understand why I'm this mad, how long have he been in Choi Long? He is the least experience and should have no rights to talk, I have been in Choi Long since I was 17 and even so zhi wah djeh have not give me any chance but instead give it to him” said Oscar with a steady but furious tone

 

His father looked at him “ the he you are referring to is it Ron? Son don't be like this maybe Ron have showed zhi wah something that you don't know. Also I'm sure zhi wah won't let anyone do whatever they want she have always took care of you and give me face by not punish you when you have been saucy towards her”

 

Oscar shook his head “ No! She is giving him chance without any reason. I can forgive her about that but the way Ron was acting today I won't let that go so easily”