Invitation

The Pain Behind The Darkness

17:05pm KLC

Charm drove out from the parking and heard a honk from the car behind, Charm looked at the rear-view mirror and recognise the car directly. She turned the engine off when the other drive  get off "why are you here lawyer Choi?" Charm asked when Ada went up to her. " I want to talk to you" Ada answered shortly. Charm looked at Ada's serious expression and just nodded.

They drove up to the hills where they know it's quiet so they could talk. Ada came out from her car and Charm from hers. "Can you please tell me what's wrong with you, we all are worried" said Ada and walked up to Charm. With a confused face Charm answered " worried about what? It's fine with me, I know that I have been weired but I'm fine don't worry" Ada looked at Charm and shook her head " STOP IT! Why are you like this? You know you can tell me everything. I know something is bothering you and I really want to help"

Charm stared stunned at Ada's sudden temperament she have always been very calm and patience which she have inherit from her but this time she must have made her very worried about her. Charm put her hand on Ada's shoulder and said with a calm voice " I'm fine now aunt, I promise if something really bother me I would tell you" Ada looked at Charm she knew no matter how hard she tries it won't help if she want to talk about it she will open up for her when the time have come. " ok I won't force you, let me know when you are ready" Charm smiled lightly and nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18:30pm Fun Fun's Bar

Charm went in and stopped in front of the bar "can I please get a blue line" Tav who had her back against Charm turned around when she heard the order and to her surprise it was Choi Long's leader in front of her " sorry I didn't heard your order, what did you want?" Charm smiled lightly and repeated " blue line" Tav looked at Charm she have never heard of this drink " sorry mam, but I don't think I can make that for you. Do you know how to do it maybe you can guide me"  Charm shook her head before she could say a word some one from behind spoke up " are you kidding, blue line is the most known drink for this bar and you don't know how to make one?" Charm turned around to see who it was and Tav attention get to the man behind Charm. Charm smirked " well seems that you have made some research before coming here" Ron smiled " of course" and went up to them. Tav looked at Ron, he knows her? who is he? she though before Ron interrupt " hey!, what are you thinking about? Tell a more experience bartender to make that drink for us" Charm put her hand up to signal Tav to stop " no need. Go and find Sheron she is the only one that can make it" Tav nodded and walked away. Ron looked at Charm " so it's only the owner that can make that?" Charm nodded and smiled lightly " didn't you say you have made research and you missed out that little detail" Ron scratch his back head. Charm smiled at his actions " well why are you here? you usually don't come to other place then those in your territory" Ron nodded in agreement " yes that was true before but I have changed, I also need to look around and see how the others take care of their territories also this place is nice"

Sheron came out from her office when she knew that there where guest who have ordered blue line. When Sheron saw Charm at the bar she knew it was her who have order it " I knew it was you who order that drink" Charm nodded " yes, who else would it be? make it to two" and winked.

When Sheron where done with the two drinks both Tav and Ron was surprised the blue line was vertically placed and it appeared when she poured it out " wow, how did you do that" they both said in sync, Charm and Sheron looked at them " you two gam gap geh ( which mean math well)" and giggle. Ron looked at Tav and gave a charming smile at her and then looked at Sheron " I really mean it? I have tried tons of different drinks but I have never seen something like this before" Charm patted Ron on the shoulder " try it and see what you think about it first" Ron took a sip and was quiet for a minute and then looked up "I have never drink something as good as this, I can't even tell what you have had in it" Sheron smiled brightly " if it was that easy to find out then this drink wouldn't be special for this bar right?"  Tav looked at the drink and really wanted to test it but how could she tell her boss to make one for her, Charm saw Tav's expression and push up the drink to her " I treat you on this" Tav looked at Charm " what? you treat me?" Sheron smiled and pushed Tav forwards " if the guest treat you, you can't say no" Tav nodded and took a sip " my god, it's so good" Sheron smiled and looked at Charm " I don't think anyone who have taste it doesn't like it, you have success" Ron and Tav looked at Charm " you are the one who invented this drink?" Charm just lifted her eyebrow " well back to why I'm here today" and took out an invitation card and put it on the bar. Sheron took it and smiled  " I will definitely come" Charm nodded and then looked at Ron " you and git sok remember to come earlier" and leaved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-06 02:30am abandoned warehouse

Tav have been waiting for Bosco to arrive for more then twenty minutes but he still haven't arrived yet. Bosco finally arrived a half hour late " sorry, I had something to do in the police station, what's up?"

Tav went up to him " it's ok, but I will make a remark and remember this till next time. Well I finally met Sheh Zhi Wah"

Bosco's face turned to be serious " ok keep going, what happen? and how did you get contact with her?" Tav admired when Bosco was serious " she came to the bar today and left an invitation to Sheron. I have no idea what kind of invitation, I will try to find out and maybe ask Sheron to bring me with her" Bosco hold her around the arms " don't hurry, if you go to fast it will be suspicious. Wait and see if you can get near her or someone around her"

Tav nodded " don't worry sir, I will hesitated before I make any moves and I will also inform you. I think I know who I can use someone else then Sheron"

Bosco looked at her " who is it? do you need my help to look up the information before?" Tav shook her head " no you don't need to, I think it's better if I don't know to much about him" at first Bosco nodded in agreement but stopped and repeated "him?" Tavia looked at him and nodded " yeah, I don't know his name yet but I think he and Zhi Wah knows each other quite well. I think I can use him to get near her" Bosco nodded " ok, do you really think it's a good idea to use him. I mean you don't know that guys he can be dangerous. I think it's better to use Sheron somewhat she is a girl and can't put to much harm" Tav nodded and had a sweet smile on her face " are you sure you want me to use Sheron, maybe this will take much longer time to find the information we want" Bosco released the grip " eh, I just want to make sure you are safe and don't take to high risks" Tav leaned closer " is it that simple and nothing else?" Bosco backed " it's that simple nothing more what do you want to be"  this time it was Tav who backed when Bosco walked closer " what kind of other meaning do you want?"

Tav stopped and took a deep breath " nothi.." in the same time Bosco leaned his head closer and kissed her. Tav was surprised by his sudden action but couldn't deny her feeling for him. The time they spend together with each other during the training did change her impression of him. He was a carrying and nice guy.

Tav pushed him away and looked at him " what do you mean by this?" Bosco smiled sweetly and gave her another pack on the lips before he answered " what do you think?" Tav looked away from his gaze and blushed. Bosco placed his hand on her cheek " I liked you from the first sign when Wong sir introduced you for us but I didn't had the guts to tell you" Tav looked at his eyes and hugged him tightly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06:30am Lam's mansion

Linda came out from her bedroom she didn't see Ray yesterday he have been avoiding her since that night, she really thought after what have happened will change their relationship.

She came down to the dining room " tjat jeh, you don't .." when Ray came out from the kitchen with two plates " oh you are up, I was just gonna wake you. What did you want to say to tjat jeh?" Linda looked at Ray stunned " ha? nothing I wanted to say I was really hungry and wonder if she could make a bigger portion for me" Ray nodded and smiled " well you can take some from me I'm not that hungry" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08:00am KLC floor5

Linda came in to the office and saw  the other gather around the table and talked about something " hey! what are you guys talking about?" Cindia who came out from the canteen smiled at Linda " well you are new here so you don't know. Every year during this time our company will have a big celebration party and this time it's masquerade as the theme so they are discussing what to wear and who they should invite as their partner. Linda looked at Cindia with surprise " Is it? So can we invite people outside this company?" Cinda nodded " of course you just write it up when you register. Linda nodded " well can I ask why do we have this celebration?" Cindia shook her head " I don't think anyone in this company really knows why expect Ms Sheh. The only thing I know it's we celebrate an older man but I don't really know who he is, maybe Ms Sheh's father but he seems to be too old to be her father"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:00am KLC roof top

Charm sat in her office and looked at the invitation card their PR came in with and shook her head. She picked up the phone and made a call to the PR " Hi it's Charmaine Sheh, can you please come to my office"

Ten minutes after a knock could be heard on Charm's office door her assistant open the door " Ms Sheh, Patrik Chow is here now"  and leaved

Patrik walked up to Charm " Ms Sheh, is there something wrong with the invitation card?"

Charm shook her head " no, but you forgot to let me now before you send out this invitation. You didn't ask about the theme, this time is ok but I don't want this to happen next time. is it clear?"

Patrik nodded in understanding " I promise it will not happen again" Charm nodded " good, you can leave now"

Charm took up the card and read it again " masquerade party with a partner" who should she go with, there where no one of the businessman in this company she knew off who haven't a partner by their side and the other employees would never dare to ask her. It was just one person that popped up in her mind

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all I know I haven't kept my promise but I haven't been in town and didn't take my PC with me so that's why I haven't update my fanfic in time hope you guys are ok with it. I will try to update more than two chapters this week to compensate the last week =P

 

15/8-09