No way back

The Pain Behind The Darkness

           

14:40pm

Charm and Ada came down from the restaurant and have finally decide what dishes they wanted to have on the celebration. Charm was not feeling to well after all the consumption of food but she obstinate to drive Ada back to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:45pm near the harbour

Ray have been walking around the harbour for more then two hours, he didn't know what to do or who he should face Charm. How could he tell her that the same night that they started he also had an affair with someone else. This was really killing him from inside, forgetting Charm and try to start with Linda wasn't a choice he wanted to take. He continue to strolling around the harbour where he get sign of Charm who also was strolling around, their gaze met and Charm stopped.

Ray started to run up to her and grabbed her around her shoulders " Charm, even if I was drunk yesterday I remember clearly what I did in the bar" Charm looked at him and took his hand off her " Mr Lam, it's great that you remember what you did last night.." before Charm could continue with her sentence Ray hugged her tightly " Sorry Charm, I shouldn't have drink that much, if I didn't drink I wouldn't have done a mistake, It was the biggest mistake I ever have done..." Charm put him away "you don't need to say sorry to me, what you did last night is non of my business" turned around and leaved with Ray standing emotionless for awhile before he shouted out " Charm can we still be friends?" Charm stopped by the questions and without turning back she answered " Fung we were once friends but you should know by now that that have changed for long time ago, so why ask?" and continue her way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:30pm Lam's mansion

Linda entered the mansion when meeting Joel in the entrance " Hi Joel, where are you going?" Joel who was in a hurry stopped " oh hey Ka Yan, where have you been all the night? You didn't come home last night" Linda blushed a bit before answering " I slept over in one of my colleagues house, why are you in such hurry?" Joel nodded " oh I see then, well I'm searching for Ray, he didn't turn up today in Cheng Long and his phone is off I don't know what have happen to him. He didn't came home last night so I'm kind of worried that something have happen to him"

Linda was confused " he didn't turn up in Cheng Long today?"

Joel: " yeah, he have never behave like this before so I'm really worried, I have been all over those place he will go to but I have no luck in finding him" Linda put her briefcase down and turned around " we go and search for him " Joel nodded " great" and they both turned around and was going to leave when the front door open and Ray came in. Joel went up to Ray " hey!, where have you been all day? why did you turn off your phone? Do you know I was worried about you?" Ray just pushed Joel away and responded shortly " I didn't felt to be disturbed, what's the big deal?" and went towards the stairs when passing by Linda. Joel was both chocked and furious about the response he get from him " hey wait!, you still haven't answered my question yet" and followed Ray up to his room.

Linda stayed emotionless in the entrance, Ray just pass by her like she was no one. She thought that his attitude towards her would have change after this morning but seems that she was totally wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Inside Ray's room

Ray was laying on his bed with closed eye's when Joel stormed in " hey, what's the matter with you?" Ray didn't response and just laid in his bed but now with his hand covered his forehead, Joel could sense there where something really unusual with Ray and went up to him " hey, you know you can tell me anything, what's going on with you?" Ray get out a big sigh and looked at Joel who was now seating on the end of the bed " Last night I get to know that Charm had feelings for me" Joel had a surprise face " well, isn't it what you always have hoped for? For me you doesn't look too happy for that" Ray shook his head " No, it's not that. I don't know what have really happen. First I was in the bar and secondly I woke up in the hotel room" Joel had this time a chocked face " wow you guys are going fast.." Ray interrupted " No!, can you please listen to me. I woke up in the hotel room but the girl next to me wasn't Charm. It was Linda"

Joel's face turned black " you said who was laying beside you?" and hold him at the collar " you are going to take responsibility right?" Ray throw his hand off him " I haven't said I won't take my responsibility, I just need some time. All this happen to fast" Joel looked at Ray seriously " you better keep your word, if you mistreat her I won't let it go that easily!" Ray looked at Joel with suspicious " why are you so concerned about how I treat Linda? Do you have feelings for her?"  Joel didn't answer that questions but it was already answered by his silence.

Ray patted Joel on his shoulder " I need to rest, can you please leave?" When Joel had leaved Ray pulled out the box under his bed and took out the little jewel box and opened it. It was his dream to put the necklace on for her but this will never happen even if he knew they both liked each other but there where no way back for him. He put the necklace in the drawer of his beside table and closed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19:55pm Sheh's mansion

Fransic came down from Kong's room and asked lok djeh who was going to the kitchen " where is Zhi Wah?" Lok djeh turned around " she is still down in the basement and practising" Fansic looked at her " still practising? she have been there for more than two hours" lok djeh took a look on her watch " yeah are actually right.  I have been busy with other stuff that I didn't notice it" Fransic nodded " I go down and see what's wrong"

From outside the room Fransic could head reduced sound from shooting. He opened the door without knocking and saw that Charm was concentrating on the shooting board and notice her wounds on her hand from the unstopping shooting. Fransic put his hand on top of the gun to stop her " what's wrong with you? you have been practising for more than two hours your hand are all wounded and you still go on" Charm looked at him and let go of the gun to look at her hand she didn't felt the pain until she saw the wounds " I was probably to focus in shooting that I didn't even noticed it"

Fransic just nodded he didn't really accepted that explanation but he didn't want to force her but the wounds on her hand was nothing he could imagine of not noticing before they leaved the room he looked at the shooting board and was sure she wasn't to focus when she was so called practising.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-05 08:00 am @ KLC floor 5

Charm came into the office with her right hand wrapped in bandages after yesterdays practising. She just pass by everyone without greeting, everyone looked at each other and wondered what happen to their boss. Cindia who was her assistant came into her office room " Miss Sheh, is everything alright?" Charm turned around and put her suitcase down " yeah of course, why ask?" Cindia shook her head lightly " no, I was just concerned about your hand" Charm raise her hand " oh this? don't worry I just trip yesterday and get some scratches it's not serious" Cindia nodded and was going to leave when Charm spoke up " oh by the way I haven't welcomed the new employee tell the others that I treat for lunch today"

12:00pm

Charm came out from her office and snapped her fingers to get attention " everyone ready to go?"  everyone put their work down and went up " ready!" Charm smiled lightly "great then let's go" but stoped after she said that and turned her attention to Linda " I forgot to ask you what did you want to eat?" Linda looked at Charm with surprise " oh, it doesn't matter, you decide" Charm shook her head " no, you are the main character today so you can decide" Linda smiled warmly " well if you indicate it I would love to have Japanese food" Charm nodded " well great, I know a delicious place. How may of you have drive your car with you today?" Three of the employees raised their hand up "well we are 16 here, then who wants to join me in my car?" Charm asked and looked at everyone. No one answered Charm notice the tension and pointed at Linda " you come with me"

In the car on the way to the restaurant

They have been sitting in silence for more then three minutes but for Linda it was like forever so she spoke up " Miss Sheh, I feel so dumb. I didn't know you where the chairman for the company I even asked Cindia why you weren't at office that often. I'm embarrassing?"

Charm looked at her with a light smile and then back to the road " well, not really. A lot of people didn't know I was the chairman for this company at the first, so you are not the only one"

Linda laughed " that's good to hear, but I think those was chocked and surprise like me when I first get to know that. I mean how many have imagine that the chairman for a big company like ours would be owned by a so young and pretty women"

Charm glanced over to Linda and let out a smirk " well you really know how to put in good words in front of your boss" she said jokingly. Linda turned her head and looked at Charm " no, I really mean it. I think you are so cool. I mean how much older than me can you be? you must have been in my age or not even younger when you started this company. I would be so happy if I could have gone so far in my life in your age. You are someone I really look up to"

Charm shook her head lightly " you just haven't seen my unsuccessful side, I may have come far in the business matter but that is not all in life right?" Linda nodded in agreement " but a lot of people doesn't get like what you have in their internal life so I still think you have come far in your life."

Charm just shook her head " well enough of me, what about you? what is your biggest success in life?" Linda looked away " why did we change the subject to me? I don't know" and smiled when she though of Ray. Charm notice her smile when she said that " well seems that you know but just that you don't want to tell me. With the sweet smile all over your face it can just have one answer and that it's your boyfriend" Linda didn't answer and just blushed. Charm took a deep breath and the music. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:15pm A.C Law firm

Ada was going to leave her office for a lunch when her cellphone rang, the number that was displayed on her display was someone she didn't know off but she answered " Ada speaking"

" Hi Ada, it's Fransic" the man on the other line answered. Ada was surprised that he would have called her " oh hi, why did you call me? is it important?" a deep breath could be heard before he answered that " yeah, or I think so. It's about Zhi Wah I'm kind of worried about her. Do you know if something have happen with her?" Ada shook her head " no, I have no idea, what have happened?" Fransic took another deep breath before he continued " yesterday when she came home she went down to the basement and practise her shooting for more than two hours and when I got there I saw that her hand was all wounded but she kept on firing so I'm really worried" Ada stayed silent for a moment and thought back how weird she acted yesterday in the restaurant " don't worry I will talk to her"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all I'm back from my little holiday so that's why I didn't update my fanfic last weekend.

2/8-09