It's her

The Pain Behind The Darkness


19:00pm Milan Restaurante

Charm have just arrived and stopped in the entrance where a waitress stood "hi have you booked a table?" Charm nodded " yes, my friend have booked a table Kevin Cheng"

Waitress: " Mr Cheng have already arrived, please follow me in"

Kevin looked up from the menu when Charm stood in front of him " you are very punctual" and get up from his seat and pulled out the chair for Charm to seat " thank you, well I don't like to let people wait for me so that's why I'm punctual also because I won't let myself be late to anything"

Kevin smiled warmly at her response " then I'm lucky that I wasn't late otherwise I would give you a bad impression" Charm waited till Kev took his seat again before she continued " well you really would if you where late, you are a lawyer so you should be in time"

Kevin nodded in agreement " ok ok you are right, well what do you want to eat?" Charm picked up the menu and browsed around quickly " have you anything to recommend?" Kev looked at her with I don't know expression " I have no idea it's the first time I'm here"

Charm lower her head and had a light smile on her lips " so stupid of me, I though you where a regular customer here. Well then this will be hard for me to pick something" Kevin nodded " indeed it will be, they have so many dishes in their menu and everything sounds delicious"

The waitress came back with a bottle of red wine " Mr Cheng, as you order this wine have been aired in a half hour, do you want to try it?" Kev nodded and the waitress filled his glass with a dash, Kev smelled it before he tried it and nodded "yeah it's great". The waitress poured their glass before leaving.

Charm took the glass and circulate the wine, smelled it and took a sip and nodded "Chateau Junayme 'fronsac' from 1995 Bordeaux, it's not a cheap wine, what are we celebrating?"

Kev looked at Charm with impress " wow, just a sip and you can already know what wine, seems that you are a wine lover. So are you satisfied with my choice?"

Charm nodded " the wine is great a well pick, no I'm not a wine lover just that I have had take a short wine course when I was in France for some years ago, I can only say I have interest in wine. Now I have answer your question shouldn't you answer mine, what are we celebrating?

Kev: " you are not just a successful business women you are also a good all round educated person. Remember when I called you when you where in Taiwan I asked you out for a dinner, I had planed to celebrate your birthday so this is an after celebration"

Charm smiled lightly " thank you but you didn't need to" Kev shook his head " of course I should, I'm your friend and friends celebrate each others birthdays"

Charm wanted to say something but the waitress came back and asked if they had decided yet, Kev nodded and looked at Charm " have you?" Charm nodded and they ordered and leaved that conversation behind

After the dinner Kev suggested to have a walk around the sea, they stopped over the railing and looked out at the Hong Kong night view " Hong Kong is really pretty" said Charm and admire the view " yeah it's" answered Kev but had his eye's fixed on Charm and admired her more then the view. Kev leaned closer and gave Charm a kiss on her cheek.

Charm turned her attention to Kev and looked at him, Kev could feel the tension " it was a birthday kiss"

What they both didn't know was Ray had parked his car near the sea and watch the whole scene, with a chocked and sad expression he dove off. He couldn't believe what he just saw, he have always told himself that Charm would have a boyfriend sooner or later but to see it was totally a different thing then to think.

Charm looked at Kev and nodded " thanks for tonight but I want to tell you don't do it again. I haven't celebrate my birthday for twenty years and I want it in that way"

Kev locked at Charm with chock " I'm sorry I didn't know" before he could continue Charm interrupted " you don't need to say sorry, you didn't know. I'm really tired see you next time" and turned around and walked towards the direction she have parked her car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21:30pm somewhere on the road

Charm have been driving around and thought back to what happened, she hoped that Kev didn't had any feelings for her as she just take him like a friend and nothing more. She did enjoy the dinner and all the thing tonight but it was just not right timing, she didn't have any feelings for him and it did upset her a bit when she knew he wanted to celebrate her day.

Charm drove back to her mansion to change back to her normal cloth for the triad's business, what she didn't notice when she turned up on the hill to the gate was a car parked on the side road a little further down.

Ray have been sitting in his car and looked at the Sheh's mansion for few minutes, the time before he have been speeding on the highway while thinking back at the scene where Kev kissed Charm on the cheek. He didn't know why he drove to her mansion he just did it by following his sense. He saw Charm's car coming back and though why didn't her boyfriend drive her back.

Ray remained in the car and looked up at Charm's window and saw the light turn on and thought back

Flashback:

It was after the meeting with Charm on the day when his father turned 50 and he took over Cheng Long as he first drive here and looked up at her window. Since then he have passed by before going to Cheng Long or after he have deal with the business. She did came out on the balcony almost everyday and watch the night view from there which brought him the chance to see her almost every night. But it was that night four years ago when she noticed him, which she then has never come out on the balcony anymore. He did came for several times to see if she will show up again which she didn't.

end of flashback

Ever since then he have never been back here but today his sense led him here again. The light in Charm's room turned off which surprised Ray is she going to bed already? When he was about to leave the front gate to Sheh's mansion opened and Charm rolled out with her motorcycle and speed  away Ray took the opportunity and followed her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21:50pm Fun Fun's Bar

Charm parked her motorcycle just outside the bar and Ray parked his car a block away so she wouldn't notice him.  She went in and Ray went in awhile after.

Linda who was in the pub opposite with her colleagues for an after work saw Ray entered Fun Fun's Bar but didn't see Charm and thought it was strange that he would be here in this time but didn't think further and returned to enjoy the time with the others.

Charm entered the Bar and went straight in to the office and Tavia who was serving the guest didn't see her the only one she notice was when Ray entered. Tav recognise him directly from the files, he was the leader of Cheng Long why would he come here she though.

Ray looked around to see where Charm was, he really wanted to talk to her but she was no where. Is this bar also under Choi Long's control Ray though then she must be inside the office right now. Ray took a seat in the Bar where he faced the only entrance into the back of the Bar and ordered a tequila.

Ray sat there for awhile and thought back to the scene near the sea where Kev kissed Charm which made him more upset and ordered more.

Charm came into the office and saw Derek, Jade and Sheron there " where is Kenny"  they all greeted before Derek answered " he is on the way, something turned up so he deal with it first"  Charm nodded and turned her attention to Sheron " how is it with your injuries, I haven't had time to pass by after the accident have it all healed?"

Sheron smiled warmly " it's ok with me now, I just get a scratch on the hand nothing more. Luckily kai gah came in time otherwise I don't know what would have happened." Charm nodded and patted Derek on the shoulder " you sure are my great helper" and then turned back to Sheron and took out bundle of money " set this aside now, when you have time insert all in to the account" Sheron nodded " I know how to do"

23:15pm

Tav have served Ray tequilas one after one and though what made him drink that much " Mr are you sure you should have one more? You have already drink a lot" Ray who was really drunk looked at Tav and with a definite voice he said " I'm fine, give me one more"

In this time Kenny entered Tav had no idea who he was and stopped him when he was going into the back of the Bar " sorry sir but that it's just only for staff" Kenny turned around and looked at her with a smile on his face " I know that, but I'm searching for your boss, I know the way in you don't need to guide me" Tav grabbed his arm " If you want my boss anything I can tell her to come out, you are not allowed to .." before Tav could continue Ben the other bartender patted her on the shoulder " it's ok boss have said it before he are allowed to go in" Tav released his arm " sorry Kenny gah she didn't know, it won't happen again" said Ben. Kenny smiled " it's ok, she is probably new here" and turned around to go back in when he notice Ray half drunk on the bar.

Tav looked at Ben " who is he?" Ben shrug " I don't know, I just know that boss told us which four could go in to her office without us contacting her" Tav had a questioning face " four?" Ben nodded " yes, one if her god brother and the girl who went in with him which you saw and the other one is Kenny, the fourth I have no idea who she is but she is in there right now" Tav had a surprise expression " when did she came? I didn't saw her?" Ben started to go back out to the bar " maybe you where serving that's why you didn't see her, she came about one hour ago, ok go back to work now"

Kenny went in to the office " sorry it took me so long, Sheron you new employee really do her work she just stopped me to come inside" Sheron looked at Kenny " sorry, I haven't told her I thought of doing it when you guys where here, it won't happen again I promise" Derek laughed " you don't need to be so scared, Kenny was just joking with you" and Sheron looked at Kenny who had a wide smile on his face. Charm get up from her seat and had her arm around Sheron's shoulder " even if he wasn't joking with you, you don't need to be scared either, no one in Choi Long would ever dare to hurt you when I'm around" Kenny nodded and teased  Derek " I don't think your sister need your protection" Derek respond with a light elbow on Kenny's .

Charm: " so why where you so late? "

Kenny: " something went wrong with the fabric so I needed to go and check it afterwards Christine called me and said that Jacky had a fever so I got home before I came" Charm was concerned  " it's ok with Jacky now? Do he need to go to the hospital?" Kenny shook his head " he is ok now, it wasn't that serious, it was Christine who overact, oh by the way  Cheng Long's leader is outside and drinking do we need to do something?" Charm looked at Kenny with surprise " we can wait with that"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23:30pm

Linda and the other came out from the pub " well I'm going this way, where are you going Linda? I can give you a ride" offered Cindia. Linda smiled " thanks but I have I friend over here so I though of joining him" and everyone weaved goodbye to each other and leaved.

Linda pass the street and went in to Fun Fun's Bar to see if Ray was still there, to her luck she saw Ray half laying on the bar " Ray" and patted on his shoulder " are you ok? why have you drink that much?" Ray looked back at her and shook her hand off " do not care , it's non of your business"  and laid back on the bar. Linda was hurt by his word but didn't think of it by the moment " I care about you, if you are unhappy you can talk to me" Ray just ignored her and took another mouthful of tequila, Linda took the glass from him and put it down on the bar " it's enough! why are you acting like this?" Ray was furious and turned around but his face softer and mumbled " Charm?" Linda looked at Ray with confusion " Charm?"

Ray took her hand and looked at her still thought she was Charm " please tell me, do you like me? " Linda put her hand on his cheek and caress his cheek with her thumb " of course I do" Ray was still looking in her eye's but this time with passion and he started to leaned his head closer and Linda leaned her head closer and their lips met and so did the kiss started.

A minute before

Charm sat in the office and talked with the others about Choi Long's business and looked down on her watch, she picked up her phone from her pocket and pressed the ring tone button so it started to call " sorry, I take this first. keep on going I will be back soon" and leaved the office and went out to the bar where she saw Ray holding to a women and they was kissing passionately. Charm was stunned and stood there rigid just as she was to turn around and go Ray and the women turned their heads so Charm could clearly see who she was,it's her?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all I hope this chapter is interesting, if you have time or something to say please leave a message to me so I at least can know if this fanfic interest you are not.