Who are you?

The Pain Behind The Darkness

               

2008-03-16 15:30pm Lam's mansion

Linda came back from KLC, she stayed over for longer than she expected herself to do. But at least now she knows what's her job for tomorrow.

Ray who have been in his room after the visit to the graveyard came out and was hading to his office when he notice Linda downstairs in the living room and in the same time Linda saw him as well.

Linda was so surprised to see Ray, she didn't know that he was back already. " Hi Ray" and started to run up to him

Ray looked at her with surprise " who are you, how did get in here? and how come you know my name"

Linda who was in the middle of the stairways froze, she have been missing him since she went to Canada and now he didn't even remembered her. She have always thought what would be their first conversation after so many years but this was the last she have expected from him. " ha? I got the keys from your father, I'm....." before she could continue the front door open and Joel came in.

Both Ray and Linda looked at him and with a happy face Joel spoke " oh hi ka yan!, when did you come back from Canada? Why didn't you tell us, so we could have come and pick you up on the airport"

Ray looked at Linda again and repeated " ka yan?"  Joel saw Ray's questioning face " hey Ray don't you remember ka yan? we used to play together back when we was small"

Ah light smile appeared on Ray's face " I remember now, sorry that I didn't recognise you in once."

Linda looked at Ray with a happy face " it's ok, I have change a lot maybe that's why" Linda really wanted to chat more with him but Joel interrupted " ka yan, come down so we can talk in peace and quiet"

Linda looked up to Ray to hope he would followed but he just smiled at Joel and went in to his office and leaved them.  With disappointment she walk down to Joel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:45pm

Ray was sitting in his office and looked through the documents that have formed after all these days he have been away from HK but a suddenly knock on the door interrupted and Linda peaked in with her head " I'm I disturbing?"

Ray looked up at her " oh no, come in"

Linda went in happily and took a seat opposite him " wow, is it really so much to do in the triads?" and looked at the pile of documents.

Ray smiled lightly " did you though we have nothing to do more then making troubles, Cheng Long have more than 100 of business so this isn't really a lot of work"

Linda nodded in understanding " I had no idea that Cheng Long had so many business."

Ray smiled and nodded and looked back to the files and suddenly something came on his mind " where is Joel?"

Linda: "ha? oh he received a phone call and leaved in hurry. I don't know where he went"

Ray sat there in silence and had a suspicious expression. Linda saw his sudden change and ask " is everything fine?"

Ray came back from his thoughts " ha? yeah it's fine. I just remembered that I had an errand to do"  got up and leaved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:00 pm North Point

Joel entered the majong association " why would you call me to come over..."and stopped when he saw the all messed up majong association. Joel looked around and then back to Michael " what the hell have happen? who did this?"

Michael who sat on the chair further into the association, had his left hand over his right shoulder and massaged it lightly where he had been hit by Charm " what else did you think I called for? If I could tell Ray this I wouldn't have called you over"

Joel walked up to Michael and saw how his followers was all beaten up "who was it that did this to all of you, who have the guts to go to our territory and make trouble?

One of Michael's followers answered Joel " it was Choi Long's leader". Joel's eyes get wide open and looked at Michael " Sheh Zhi Wah?"

In the same time Ray stormed in " what have this to do with Zhi Wah?" and looked angrily on both Michael and Joel " answer me!"

Joel had a stunned and surprised face when turned around and had Michael glaring at him from the back  " Ray, why would you be here? who told you?"

Ray went up to them both" you don't need to know who told me, answer my question, what have happen and what have Zhi Wah to do with this?"

Joel shook his head " I don't know either, I just arrived for not long ago" Ray was looking in his eye's during the whole sentence and he was satisfied with the answer and know that Joel was telling him the truth. So he turned his attention to Michael " then you tell me what have happen"

Before Michael could answer one of his follower spoke up " it was Zhi Wah djeh who turned this place up side down, Michael gah just wanted to change the deal with Choi Long"

Michael glanced back " enough, who told you so speak?" and turned his attention to Ray who was standing there in patient and waited for an answer.

Michael took a deep breath " yes it was Zhi Wah that turned this place up side down, I haven't thought of dealing with her I thought Git sok would have come and talk this over"

Ray look at Michael with suspicious " why would you and Git sok have any business to talk? Cheng Long and Choi Long have never had any business never after what happen between the families"

Michael nodded " I know but I and Git sok have had this deal for many years that the earnings from One Night Bar will be divided 6/4 I get 4 and he 6. But now his son have take over and change the deal to 7/3 of course I didn't agree with it so I wanted to show him who is in  determines in terms of us two."

Ray: " so? what did you do to show him that?"

Michael: " I caught him and then brought him here, afterwards I called Git sok and told him to come here. I have never expected Zhi Wah to turn up."

Ray:" did she bring a lot of people with her?"

Michael lower his head, he didn't know how to put this in words. The same follower that spoke up last time did it again " Zhi Wah djeh had just one person with her, we didn't thought that two women could bring any harm. But we all was wrong"

Ray looked at them all " two people could make all this, come to our place turn it up side down and injure you all and take the person with them. Do you feel ashamed?"

Joel who stand next to Ray looked at the surroundings once more and then back " wow! I can't believe that Zhi Wah could make all this, we really have looked down on her"

Both Michael and Ray looked at Joel and Michael said " are you complimenting her or criticise me?"

Joel smiled " nah, I was just surprised that Zhi Wah could make all these and leave this place whole" the follower interrupted when he heard this " not really Michael gah did hit her, if it wasn't that she had a gun with her I'm sure Michael gah would had bring her down"

Ray's eye's get wide open when he heard this " you what!" and looked at Michael " you hit Zhi Wah?" Joel pulled lightly on Ray's sweater arm to remind him to not involve his own feelings in this. Ray took a deep breath and continued " Did you think what kind of consequences this will bring us? you have now made up a war between Cheng Long and Choi Long in public. You even hurt their leader, do you think they will let it go so easily. From now on Choi Long won't hesitate with their actions anymore" with this said Ray turned around and stopped when Michael told him " Zhi Wah told me to tell you that if you wasn't satisfied with this, you can look her up" Ray had his profile facing Michael and nodded before he leaved with Joel behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18:50pm Sheh's mansion

Bernice open up the door for Charm " sui djeh, you are early today" Charm nodded and entered " it wasn't too much to do at KLC so I thought to bring home the work so I could come back earlier, where is grandpah?"

Bernice smiled warmly" low djeh and your si fu is up stairs, do you want me to inform them that you are back?"

Charm shook her head "no need, I finish my work first, then I will come down and cook"

Bernice was surprised" cook? can sui djeh cook?" Charm looked at Bernice surprised face " what's wrong? it is surprising that I know how to cook?"

Bernice shook her head hardly " no I didn't mean that, I was just surprised that you would cook today, it is something special?"

Charm smiled lightly at her remark " no it's nothing special I just felt to make a dinner for grandpah that's it, hou lah I need to finish my work otherwise we won't have any dinner in till midnight"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*knock knock*

The door to Charm's room get open and Fransic peaked his head in " am I disturbing you?"

Charm looked up from her work " si fu?, no of course not come in, take a seat" and gesture him to take a seat on her bed

Fransic came in and seated on her bed " I know that you get injured today so I bring you this" and reached out his hand with a bottle

Charm get up from the office chair and took a seat beside Fransic " how did you know? did Jade told grandpah?"

Fransic looked at Charm with concern" don't care who told me, where have you been injured?"

Charm shook her head " I'm ok, I didn't get serious hurt"

Fransic patted Charm's left arm lightly and Charm flinched " didn't you say it's not serious? why do you need to lie. Let me see"

Charm took off her coat and stretched up her left arm and Fransic took a closer look at the damage " you called this not serious?" and looked up at Charm " you are like you father, and most like him in terms of this, he never tells when he has problems or are injured. Do you guys think you are something super unnatural?"

Charm smiled lightly " am I really like my father? have you seen him injured a lot?" Fransic looked Charm in her eye's and shook his head " no, your father wasn't injured that much, if he was injured it was always just some scratches nothing really serious, I once thought that he maybe was super unnatural that won't get hurt or killed"

Charm looked at Fansic with teary eye's when taking in a deep breath and looked at the wooden dummy that was placed in the corner of her room and shook her head lightly " I also hope he could have been super unnatural so he wouldn't have been killed"

Francis looked back and saw the wooden dummy " I'm sure that he also had hoped to be super unnatural so he could have seen you grow up" Charm leaned against his shoulder and close her eye's " I really miss him" Fransic patted her head and close his eye's "so do I"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oki this was this weeks chapter, what will Kong sok do if he finds out what Cheng Long have done? Will Charm do anything against Cheng Long now when they have offended Choi Long?

7/6-09