Step 4: Have faith in yourself and your stupid friends.

"How To Catch A Dragon" for Dummies.

 

-Step 4-

 

Seeing his dongseng washing his face inside the bathroom Jongdae smirked evilly, glad to be alone with the magnae and no one near to prevent his evil plans. When Tao dropped the towel he was using to dry his face, he looked up at the mirror and saw his gege too close behind him, smiling widely.

 

A normal person would have screamed like a little girl.

 

Huang ing Zitao did otherwise.

 

In less than two seconds, Jongdae heard a thud and felt his back pressed against the tiled floor, with Zitao's left forearm pressing his neck and his legs being immobilized by Zitao's thighs.

 

"...Ugh"

 

"... I'm sorry gege!" Zitao screamed worriedly when his brain processed what he just did, moving aside and grabing Chen's arms, pulling him to a seated position "I'm really sorry! Are you hurt? Do you feel pain? Can you still move all of your limbs?" He asked, lifting Chen's shirt and looking for bruises all over his body. When he was going to check under his pants, Jongdae slapped his hands and got up from the floor.

 

"It's okay Tao, I'm fine" he reassured the younger one, smiling "I just... wasn't expecting it" he laughed awkwardly.

 

"Are you sure Chenchen-ge?" Tao asked, giving him puppy eyes unconsciously. Jongdae was going to nod but seeing his dongseng's expression, he quickly adapted his plan to the situation.

 

"Actually... I think my back is starting to feel sore" Chen faked a pained expression, touching his back and acting like an old man. Obviously, Zitao freaked out, trying really hard not to cry. Already knowing not to ever make the magnae cry unless you wanted to fall victim of Wufan's overprotective side, he said quickly "But I'll feel better if I lie down. Could you help m-aah!!!" He got surprised when Zitao just picked him up like a weightless sack and dropped him gently on the nearest bed.

 

"I'm really sorry Chenchen-ge, I really am" The poor magnae saw him with his cute sad panda eyes that Chen almost hugged him to dead and prayed for forgiveness. But he wasn't Wufan, so he endured.

 

"It's alright Tao" He smiled weakly, coughing a little to be more dramatic "At least we finished with our photoshoot. I hope I can make it to Ching100 though, I don't want Hyunkyun-manager to get in trouble with management because of me" he lowered his eyes.

 

"But it was my fault! I'll tell Hyunkyun-ge right away!" and before Tao could run to their manager's hotel room, Chen grabbed his wrist.

 

"You don't need to do that Tao" he smiled reassuringly "We just need to wait until tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up better and without psychological trauma".

 

Oh yeah. Kim Jongdae was even worse than Luhan. If Tao wouldn't be too worried about his older brother, maybe he could catch up the obvious act, but he was feeling extremely guilty to notice.

 

"But I'll tell you what" Chen smirked mentally, hiding his true nature with one of his angelic eye-smiles "If you help me through my chores this week, maybe I'll get better faster"

 

"Of course Ge!" Tao nodded repeatedly "What do you need? I'll help you in everything I can"

 

"Great" Chen smiled widely, changing his humor like a bipolar person "I just... need some help with... nevermind" he started to play with his hands, moving his position on the bed and wincing in pain (on purpose of course). Seeing how his dongseng took his hands and eyed him with those panda eyes showing nothing more than curiosity, Chen did a little mental victory dance "Well, you see. I... I'm not really popular, you know? Yeah, I know my voice is better than all of yours put together" Yeah, Jongdae was as humble as a nun "but for some reason, I have less fans than all of you" he whispered the last part, hoping to give depth to his performance. Kyuhyun-hyung would be so proud...

 

"Don't say that, ge! You have lots of fans! The other day, Wufan-gege was looking for his popularity ranking on the internet (another humble guy) and I saw it and you have a lot of fans! Specially chinese and european fans"

 

"Wow, really?" he asked excited, forgetting his plan for a moment "I knew it! The fans couldn't fight against my charm!" he looked at the wall in front of him, with a superior expression, clenching his right fist, ready to conquer the world and confusing the panda even more.

 

"So..."

 

"...Oh yeah!" Chen coughed, faking his back pain once again "as I was saying... I'm not as handsome as Wufan-hyung or as cute as Luhan-hyung... and I thought you could you help me use your technique?" he asked timidly. With pitched voice and everything.

 

"My technique?" Zitao asked surprised, ignoring the fact his gege just called him ugly and not-cute "You mean, creating double-meaning situations with Wufan-ge in hope of attracting our most erted fangirls?"

 

"I knew you could understand me!"

 

And that, ladies and gentleman, was the exact reason why no one wanted those two together without supervision.

 

"Of course Chenchen-ge!" Zitao smiled childishly, like admitting he enjoyed leading his fangirls to believe he was in a ual relationship with his almost-brother was nothing out of the ordinary. Now you understand Kris' pain? "I'll help you in everything I can. Do you want me to help you with Minseok-ge?"

 

"Naah" Jongdae waved his hand dismissing the idea "They usually pair me up with him all the time. I need something new, something different!" he explained like an artist describing his next masterpiece. Which it kind of was. "Want me to tell you a secret?" he asked rethorically, not expecting Tao's answer "I heard a couple of weeks ago from management that we're going to Seoul with a project in mind. I think we're going to film our first reality show! And I need a victi-  eh, a new member to be paired up, get it? I'll need your help choosing my partner as soon as we land on Seoul"

 

"I promise I'll help you ge!"

 

"Thanks Zit-"

 

"With one condition" Tao interrupted him, suddenly smirking and surprising Chen. 'Who would have thought? This kid learns fast' Jongdae thought. "Baekhyunnie's mine!"

 

"That's okay. May I ask why?"

 

Tao just shrugged. "The fans already know us as the Beef-couple. He's funny and definitely he’s going to get a lot of air time. I can't let pass that chance."

 

"I'm proud of you, Zitao" Jongdae wiped a fake tear.

 

"Thanks ge" Tao smiled.

 

Suddenly, they heard loud banging on their door. Zitao went to see who it was, opening the door and revealing a panting Minseok following by a worried Luhan.

 

"Oh my good Tao!" Luhan exclaimed, pulling his magnae in a bone-crushing hug "Are you alright?" he asked, cupping his face, like a loving mother "Jongdae didn't corrupted your mind, did he?"

 

"Yah! What kind of perception you guys have of me?" Chen asked from the bed, acting offended. Of course he was mentally laughing his off "We were going to sleep! Seriously, guys..."

 

But Minseok (after regaining his breath and promising himself to go to the gym more often to gain more stamina) didn't believe him. He narrowed his eyes, looking suspiciously at his korean friend and already imagining Tao's corrupted mind, spending others people money and acting cute to gain everything he wants. (Wait, he already does that...)

 

"Minseok-ge! I missed you!" Zitao suddenly hugged him, breaking his train of thoughts and making him all fluffy on the inside. Who wouldn't? Zitao was just too cute.

 

And Kim Jongdae had just found his new disciple.

 

-------------------------

 

The next morning, someone knocked on their door. Repeatedly. But Wufan was literally knocked-out and Yixing didn't want to move from his position.

 

Wufan was spooning him.

 

And Yixing was the happiest unicorn on the planet.

 

He swears he could puke rainbows at the moment. He felt all warm and protected, something he had never felt before with another person and he liked it.

 

They were using yesterday's clothes, Yixing wasn't even feeling his right arm because he was lying on it and he was pretty sure Wufan snored like a grizzly Canadian bear full volume, lips almost touching his left ear.

 

But he wouldn't change that moment for anything. (Well, maybe for a greater moment with Wufan...)

 

Tired of waiting, Luhan just used his masterkey (Hyunkyun-manager got blackmailed again) and opened the door loudly, surprising the tallest guy in the bedroom, and making him sit up unexpectedly, leaving Yixing's waist. "What the...Luhan! Don't do that ever again!" he complained, feeling like a vampire at day and not fully awake yet.

 

Yixing pouted for the first time in his life at the sudden lack of Wufan's touch.

 

"Rise and shine, you lazy leader!" Luhan exclaimed happily, knowing full well how he just ruined Yixing's happy moment, seeing how Wufan was using him as his personal teddy bear. But he didn't really have a choice, they had work to do.

 

"Shut up, you motherer" Kris growled, using his pillow to muffle Luhan's cheery voice. "Get the hell out of here!"

 

Luhan just laughed and Yixing smiled warmly while rubbing his sleepy eyes and trying to fix his bed hair. They already knew how Wufan is in the mornings. He just didn't like to wake up early.

 

"Tsk, our leader's being irresponsible" Luhan sang in an annoying tone "What do you think we should do, Xing?"

 

"I don't know Hannie. We can't tickle him, he would hit us" Lay smiled, enjoying the moment and forgetting how Luhan ruined his morning.

 

"And we can't go near him. With his freaking long limbs, he would catch us" Luhan continued.

 

They just looked at each other and smirked.

 

"OH, CAAANADAAAA!~ OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAAAAAAND~" they started singing at the top of their lungs. They sang out tune of course.

 

"I hate you both!" Wufan keep growling, pressing his pillow harder around his head.

 

Who liked it to hear their freaking national anthem at six in the morning?

 

"TRUE PATRIOT LOVE IN ALL THY SONS COMMMMAAAAAAND!"

 

"Seriously, shut up!"

 

"WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE.....I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S NEEEEEEXT!"

 

Luhan bursted out laughing at Yixing's improvisation and Wufan smiled under his pillow.

 

"What?" Yixing asked, dumbfounded.

 

-------------------------------

 

Later that day, the six of them along with their manager and their staff, arrived at Ching100 set, greeting everyone and thanking them for inviting them there. (Mostly Wufan, the only one who didn't feel that stupid trying to communicate in another completely different language. Minseok and Jongdae already grown accustomed to the feeling).

 

They needed to form pairs in order to play a couple of games for the program so one of the staff girls asked them to choose their partner.

 

"I'm with Yixing!" Luhan quickly exclaimed, grabbing his best friend's left arm and smiling, taking the red uniforms and running away with it, Yixing letting him drag him like always.

 

Seeing the last two different types of uniforms -blue and pink-, Jongdae, Zitao, Minseok and Wufan eyed each other before launching themselves at the table like starving animals.

 

"It's mine! Get off Gege!"

 

"Minseok, stop choking me!"

 

"Wufan!, you're gigantic hand is going to crush my cheeks!"

 

"Get the hell out, motherers!"

 

Seeing how he couldn't fight Wufan by himself while wearing his stage clothes, Zitao jumped on his gege's back and screamed "Minseok-gege! Let's team up!" making Jongdae gulped. It was never a good thing to have a Wushu master and a Tae Kwon-do expert against you. Even if you happen to had a giant on your team. He was right, in less than five seconds, he found himself pinned against the floor (for the second time in less than 24 hours) by Xiumin, watching how Zitao was still on Wufan's back, with his legs around his waist and restraining Wufan's arms.

 

"Zitao! Get down, now!"

 

"We win!" screamed Minseok happily... while Hyunkyun-manager watched them from the doorway of the waiting room they were using.

 

'And I thought I had the mature ones. I need more therapy sessions with Sunghwan-hyung' the manager thought, rubbing his temples and remembering how Sunghwan complains about his Korean counterpart everyday. 'We need to do something about them in the future...'

 

"Crap, I think I really broke my back this time..." Hyunkyun heard someone complaining in korean in the room.

 

That day was the first time Exo-M's masculine leader used pink clothes at international television.

 

It wouldn’t be the last time.

 

----------------------------

 

Yixing didn't know what to do. After filming the Thai variety show, Luhan took him aside and told him his plan. Everything. Including the fact that Jongin knew he is gay. Why is he feeling so nervous?

 

Luhan told him Jongin didn't care. He told him he was okay with it and is even going to help him get Wufan.

 

"Get Wufan... what a joke". Yixing laughed humorlessly.

 

How could they think he has a chance? It was Wufan for God's sake! That guy liked girls almost as much as Jongdae -and that was saying a lot. Chen usually chased the cordi-noonas everywhere-. At least Luhan didn't tell him to confess his feelings. That would be hilarious. And sad. Pretty sad. Yixing let his body fall on the couch of the waiting room he was currently using.

 

Why didn't they let him just enjoy his time with his Gege? Yixing was fine with it! He wasn't asking for more. He didn't want to try. Because trying means he has hope it may work. And he hasn't. Not at all.

 

Now, Luhan made him think at the possibility of a Yes. A possibility of Wufan being in love with him too. A possibility of being Wufan's special someone.

 

And that hope was making him want to cry.

 

"Xingxing" Yixing heard, surprising him and making him blink and turn his head at the end of the couch. "Want some?" The guy who interrupted his thoughts sat beside him and offered him some food inside a white box. Lay smiled and reached his hand for one of it, taking a bite and smiling a little at his companion. "Do you want to talk about anything?"

 

That's what Yixing liked about Minseok. Unlike his other brothers, Xiumin didn't pry. He gives you the option of saying nothing. And that's what Yixing did. He just shaked his head and took another bite.

 

"Well, you know what this is?" Xiumin asked after sometime being in silence and signaling the white box he was holding "I have one of God's special gifts. If you eat one of his super special heavenly treats, your heart will feel peaceful again. You just need to believe"

 

"But Gege, this are just baozis" Yixing said confused, standing up from his position and sitting beside the older.

 

"And your point is...?" Xiumin smiled playfully, making his dongseng laugh quietly.

 

"Thanks" Lay said, taking another bite and letting his head fall on Minseok's right shoulder. They stayed like that for quite some time, both of them thinking about their problems and -unknowingly- Minseok made Yixing feel more accepted. Like the joke he did about his own uality at the airplane never happened.

 

"Gege..." Yixing broke the silence, still looking at the front and speaking calmly "What would you do if you had the chance of taking a dangerous risk. You're fine right now and like the way everything is. But there's a chance to make it better. A tiny, minimal chance. And if you don't make it, your life can get worse. You can lose what you had in the first place. Would you risk yourself?"

 

"Yes"

 

Yixing felt... he didn't know what he felt. He just knows he widened his eyes and looked at his older brother, doesn't expecting for him to answer that fast. "W-what? That easy? Why?"

 

"Every person must decide sometime in their life if they want to risk everything in the name of success or sit quietly and watch the parade of the winners" Xiumin said, while eating another baozi "At least that's what says on one of Fan's inspirational books he likes to read too much".

 

'...Wufan's book?'

 

That made Yixing smile.

 

"Plus" Xiumin continued, turning his head to the right and smiling at his dongseng "Isn't that what you've been doing all your life? You took the risk at being a television child star instead of having a normal happy childhood. You took the risk to continue training no matter what, no matter your illness. You took the risk to go to another country to become an idol. And every single time, you have made it. I think you're capable enought to overcome difficult times if you want to pursue that "thing" that can make your life better".

 

Sharing the silence, both of them smiled warmly, thinking back and remembering all the things they had overcome together.

 

"Thanks Minseokie-gege. You're really wise"

 

"Naah. Right now, my brain is busy trying to translate everything from Chinese. There's not much space for anything else. Are you ready to go?"

 

"Not yet" he said, grabbing another baozi and eating it "Now I am. Thanks for your super special heavenly treats"

 

"You're welcome. Now, change your clothes and let's go before Jongdae starts hitting on the thai girls and embarrassing himself".

 

That night, the six of them fell asleep immediately. Not even Luhan moved a bit or kick someone when Zitao just simply fell at his bed and started drooling instantly. They needed some rest, tomorrow they'll go back with the rest of their family.

 

--------------------------------

 

Good night everyone! :D Heck, I'm going to start advertising myself as the vampire writer -.-u It's not my fault I just have the time to update at midnight. Oh well...
I know I said Exo would be reunited at this chapter but I had a problem... Kim Jongdae is my problem! >.< As soon as I started writing about him, I couldn't stop! D: That troll is my bias T_T <3 Plus, Nara1214 answered my little question first about the song in the previous chapter and she wanted me to write BaekTao. And that made me think of a whole bunch of new ideas about Exo's reunion :3

So yeah, BaekTao's special chapter is going to be the fifth one (Sorry Nara T_T, I promise I'll post it tomorrow!) because this one would be pretty large D: (This is my largest chapter so far)

I enjoyed writing about ChenTao, XiuLay, Yixing's magical morning moment (lol xD), Exo's childish fight at the variety show [I know Kris is as childish as the others, I just know it! >.< (at least when he's alone with his friends and brothers?)  He just needs to act more matured and responsible. There's no way some responsible guy could come up with Taohan's idea at the september 21st chinese interview!!] and finally, Yixing's breakdown moment.

Because seriously, If you had to turn Wufan gay in order for him to love you, would you have faith in yourself? He's heteroual, I'm a woman and I still have no hope OTL xD

Sleep tight my wonderful readers!