Flower Language

тнê cenтeяρiêce ♛ C L O S E D

Flower Language

............. .......................... .......................... .........

 

Pairing: Yixing/Kyungsoo

Word Count: 1,580

Genre: Romance, Humour & EXTREMELY FLUFFY

 

Shush and let the flowers do the talking.

A mysterious stranger leaves different flowers on Kyungsoo's doorstep every day.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

It’s Sunday. Kyungsoo finds a yellow Chrysanthemum lying on his doorstep, golden petals still fresh and small water droplets on its green leaves. The petite male blinks in a mix of pure confusion and curiosity but nevertheless he picks it up gently before shutting the door.

Yellow Chrysanthemum.

I’m your secret admirer.

 

 

 

The next day Kyungsoo comes back from school, he isn’t expecting to find another flower lying on his doorstep. Instead of yellow, it turns out to be a striking pink camellia. Kyungsoo shifts nervously as he bends down to pick the flower up, eyes darting back and forth around his neighborhood.

Pink Camellia.

I’m longing for you.

 

 

 

The doe eyed male sniffs the white rose, eyelashes fluttering shut. Kyungsoo accepts each and every flower the mysterious person leaves on his doorstep, never once questioning about his identity or intention.

“It smells heavenly.” Heart shaped lips curves up in a beaming smile almost rivaling the beauty of the white, pure rose in his fingers.

White rose.

You’re the symbol of purity.

 

 

 

It’s a daily routine now, Kyungsoo muses to himself as he spots another flower sitting there outside his door. It’s a Narcissus this time. It’s the same thing he does every day.

Kyungsoo smiles.

Kyungsoo picks the flower up.

Kyungsoo inhales the lovely scent.

Kyungsoo smiles again.

Kyungsoo arranges the flower neatly in his personal vase inside his room.

Narcissus.

Please stay as sweet as you are.

 

 

    

After two weeks, Kyungsoo decides to tell his friends. He receives different reactions from everyone. Jongin’s eyes wide and unbelieving, Chanyeol throwing his head back in a guffaw, Baekhyun’s reassuring smile, Sehun’s pouting face and Suho’s approving eye smile.

Kyungsoo is relieved.

Although he doesn’t understand why Suho’s gaze keeps drifting to the Chinese exchange student who’s sitting a few tables away from them. Suho tells him that his name is Zhang Yixing, one of Jongin’s dancing pals and Suho’s cousin who originates from Changsha.

In one slow motion, Kyungsoo turns his stare to Yixing and Yixing does the exact same thing. Kyungsoo doesn’t blink because he’s stunned by the Chinese male’s beauty and elegance. His heart is surely beating, but why couldn’t he feel it?

Yixing blinks and smiles, slowly but surely.

It feels warm all of a sudden, the heat rushing to his cheeks. Kyungsoo sees the dimples on both sides of Yixing’s cheeks, his perfect distraction. A nudge comes from Suho and Kyungsoo reciprocates the boy’s smile with his own.

Zhang Yixing, Kyungsoo reminds himself.

 

Its yellow tulips this time.

 

Yellow Tulips.

There’s sunshine in your smile.

 

 Myspace Page Dividers

 

The first time he actually talks to Yixing is during a joint performance by the Dance Club and the Singing Club. It’s just a simple ‘hello’ but it suffices for now, at least for Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah...”

“Baekhyun-hyung?”

“Did you hear about Jongin’s waist injury?”

“Yeah, I’m going to visit him after school. You’re coming along too right?”

“Oh, you didn’t know?”

“Know what?”

 

It’s then Baekhyun tells him that Jongin’s supposed to dance for their collaboration this time except that Jongin’s injury wouldn’t be healing in time to make it for the performance. Kyungsoo nods when Baekhyun says that Yixing would be replacing Jongin. Kyungsoo’s all rounded orbs and gaping when Baekhyun apologizes that he wouldn’t be able to come this time.

This means Kyungsoo would have no other choice but to take over Baekhyun’s lines as well. In other words, he’d have to sing the whole song of My Lady by himself. Well, at least there’s Yixing on the stage with him.

 

It is way past the evening and Kyungsoo’s still practicing his vocals in the auditorium. Exhaustion is all over his pale face but he’s persevered to do his best. Kyungsoo sings the song one last time before grabbing a mineral bottle on top of the piano.

As he gulps down the water, Kyungsoo doesn’t realize that someone actually placed it there for him to drink. He doesn’t realize it when he rounds the corner and bumps into someone that is actually Yixing in a black hoodie.

He reaches home and picks up a sunflower with a tired smile.

 

Sunflower.

I adore you.

 

  

  

A few days after the performance, Kyungsoo loses his voice but he’s happy that the collaboration was a success. He owes it all to Yixing’s incredible dancing skills. He runs into the excellent dancer before heading to class, bowing furiously in efforts to express his apologies.

“Sore throat?” Yixing asks, face full of concern. “Maybe you should take a day off and rest at home, Kyungsoo…” His palm brushes Kyungsoo’s soft cheek in an affectionate touch, earning a full out blush from the smaller male.

He’s not surprised when he sees peonies on his doorstep. Kyungsoo might have an idea or two in his head about this mysterious person right now.

Peony.

I hope you heal soon.

 

 

  

 

 

“Do you like flowers, Yixing?”

Kyungsoo observes the squirming Chinese male, seeing if he could gauge any suspicious reaction from him.

 “Not really.” Yixing plucks out one of his earphones, sipping a carton of milk.

“Oh, uh, well, I-I like them.” Stammering, Kyungsoo nearly drops his homemade sandwich onto the floor. “Flowers, I mean. They’re really nice.” Kyungsoo confesses, voice soft and gentle, reminiscing of something. “I hope the person sending them is nice too.”

Yixing chokes.

Kyungsoo panics and quickly pats his back. “A-Are you okay, Yixing?”

“I’m fine. Just fine.” Yixing shows his dimpled smile, placing his hand onto his left chest. He hopes Kyungsoo doesn’t hear his deafening heartbeat pounding loudly in his ears. 

 

 

“There are no more flowers.”

Kyungsoo searches around the compound of his house for any signs of a new flower from the mysterious stranger but found none.

“Maybe, he ran out of flowers.”

Kyungsoo laughs.

  

 

 

It’s been a week.

Kyungsoo admires the bouquet of flowers in his room because there are no news ones arriving for him on his doorstep. It’s painfully saddening for Kyungsoo when he thinks that he’s not worth the attention anymore.

His fingers close around the Forget-me-nots. Kyungsoo hopes he doesn’t forget him.

 

 

 

“Do flowers talk?”

Yixing tilts his head; a questioning gaze is directed at Kyungsoo.

“Sorry, it was just a silly question.” Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck, a rosy tint surrounding his cute face. “Just ignore me.” He laughs.

Yixing smiles and leans closer. “I think they do talk, Kyungsoo.” Yixing’s fingers close around Kyungsoo’s wrist and pull it forward to his lips, pecking his hand softly. “Because they express things that words couldn’t.”

Kyungsoo feels the zap of electricity shooting up from his hand to his spine and then all over his body. He blushes prettily, his words stumbling out of his mouth in a tumbling mess of sentences; until Yixing decides to shush him with his own lips.

Kyungsoo notices that Yixing smells way better than flowers.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

It’s been two weeks since he hasn’t receive any flowers from the mysterious stranger and a week since Yixing kissed him. Kyungsoo is trap in his own dilemma. Kyungsoo skips school for a day and receives ten calls from his worrisome friends.

He convinces himself that he’s not disappointed that Yixing didn’t call him.

 

Kyungsoo cooks himself lunch instead of ordering take out because his cooking skills have been rusty. Plus, he’s dying to try out a nice recipe other than kimchi spaghetti. Before he could take a scoop from the delicious delight in front of him, there’s a knock on the door.

“Coming!” Kyungsoo runs to the door, almost stumbling over his own careless feet. “Yes?” He pokes his head out, only to find an empty neighborhood. Kyungsoo’s shoulder slump over in defeat and hangs his head down.

Then, he sees it.

 

A red rose on his doorstep.

 

Kyungsoo bends down to retrieve the rose, careful not to brush against the sharp thorns. He stands back up, admiring the red rose until he finds a huge bouquet of red roses shoved in his face. All he could see is red, red, red, red.

 

“Y-Yixing?” Kyungsoo squeaks, fumbling the red rose in his hands.

“Hello.” Yixing greets, a warm smile appears on his lips and pushes the bouquet into Kyungsoo’s full hands.

Kyungsoo opens and closes his mouth. “You. The flowers.” His doe eyes are wide and rounded, his voice stuttering like a shy little schoolgirl and his cheeks spotting a pink flush over them.

“Do you know what red roses mean, Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head once, twice and thrice.

 

Yixing leans forward, turning his head and brushing his lips over Kyungsoo’s red ear to whisper. “It means I love you.” He chuckles, enjoying the shivering of the other male’s petite form. “I love you.” Yixing repeats again, with more determination. “Kyungsoo-ah, I love you so much.”

“I-I..me too.” Kyungsoo shyly whispers back, so soft, Yixing could barely hear him if not for the close distance between them. “I didn’t know you sent them. Why didn’t you tell me?” Huge orbs stare at Yixing as small hands grasp the bouquet of roses closer to his chest.

Yixing laughs in a cheery and pleasant tone that makes Kyungsoo jealous of. Kyungsoo forgets the jealousy when his lips are molded with Yixing’s. His kisses are overwhelming, making Kyungsoo’s knees weak and wobbly. Yixing cups Kyungsoo’s face, brushing the pad of his thumb on the soft skin.

 

“Shush and let the flowers do the talking.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Kyungsoo?”

“Mmm?”

“I love you.”

“I-I love you too, Yixing.”

"Say it again."

"I love you, Yixing."

"Shall we continue this inside then?"


[ Lady's Corner ]

OMG. THAT WAS EXTREMELY CHEESY. I've always thought of Yixing as a guy who'll send flowers to his lover. Kyungsoo loves flowers C: It's my new style of writing. Is it okay? Just trying it out for fun. I just realize that I couldn't write a drabble less than 1k words. Everything I write must be more than 1k ;AA;

I HOPE YOU GUYS TURN INTO A LAYSOO SHIPPER AFTER THIS AND JOIN ME ON THE OTHER SIDE >)