Melancholic

тнê cenтeяρiêce ♛ C L O S E D

 

Melancholic 

............. .......................... .......................... .........

 

Pairing: Chen/Kyungsoo

Word Count: 1,324

Rating: PG l Fluff

Requested by: nikkisolove

 

Kyungsoo can feel his heart falling, falling and falling. In love.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

Chen.

Chen.

Kim Jongdae.

That's his name.

 

Kyungsoo hid himself around the corner of the music shop where tall shelves are arranged neatly boxed CDs on each row. Whenever a random customer walked pass him (giving him an odd look that says 'what are you doing'), Kyungsoo's face burned with embarrassment as he pretended to browse through the CDs on the shelves. Actually, all Kyungsoo could hear was this amazing voice singing this amazing song that made his heart go amazingly crazy, thumping like a little rabbit.

The doe eyed male sighed pleasantly and leaned against the shelf, listening attentively to the melodious voice that has the most perfect pitch and he could already picture the adam's apple bobbing up and down when he reaches a lovely high tone or a delicious low one.

 

 

-I knew I wouldn't forget you. So I went and let you blow my mind

 

I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided, you was one of my kind

 

Heyy, soul sister -

 

 

Suddenly a warm palm closed around Kyungsoo's eyes causing the smaller male to yelp and trash around wildly. He tried to pry the invading hand away, only to fail because of the incredible strength of the owner holding him still there. And was that another hand making way to his waist? Another cute squeak flew out of an enraged Kyungsoo as he flapped his small hands imitating a mother hen.

 

 

"Lemme go! I can't seeee... ohmysweetheavens, please don't kidnap me. I'm so not worth your attention. You won't get any money by selling me! DSALDKALDKSLA-" Another hand darted up to cover his babbling mouth.

"Are you always this whiny?" A voice chuckled next to his ear, sending tingles up his spine. "And no, I'm not a serial here."

Oh really? Kyungsoo fought the urge to sink his teeth onto the palm.

 

Kyungsoo huffed, eyebrows coming up close in concentration. If he really did focused on the stranger's voice, he might have found it familiar. A few seconds of silence and the hands left his face. Kyungsoo blinked and blinked. His mouth hung open in surprise when he somewhat recognised the stranger in front of him. How could he not?

 

That strong-chiselled jaw.

Those playfully glinted eyes.

That.

That gorgeous smile.

 

Never in his life had Kyungsoo wanted so badly to become one with the tiles on the floor.

 

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

 

You-” Kyungsoo blurted out, raising a finger at the male.

 

The other cheeky male raised an eyebrow in a humorous manner. “Yes, me?” The taller male stared at the wide eyed Kyungsoo for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter, eyes crinkling into half crescents and beautiful chimes of chuckles stimulating Kyungsoo’s sensory receptors.

“Kim Jongdae, at your service.”

 

 

To Kyungsoo’s ears it sounded something along the line like this;

Kim Jongdae, your knight in shining white armour, at your service, Princess.

 

 

Kyungsoo gaped mindlessly at his crush. Would it be considered as a crush? Because the moment Kyungsoo stepped into this newly opened music shop and accidentally heard Jongdae singing in hushed tones, Kyungsoo had fallen hard, not by looking at his face; it was just listening to his voice. Rather, Kyungsoo was curious and had always wondered why Jongdae would be singing in such a soft voice when he had the voice of an angel.

“I know.” Kyungsoo blurted out again without thinking.

 

 

Jongdae feigned surprised when actually he had already known Kyungsoo a month ago because the cute doe eyed male was always seen moping around his music store, spying around and stalking (was he?) him. First, it had been weird. A few days later, Jongdae found Kyungsoo absolutely lovable, hiding at the corner of the shop just to hear him sing. And so, Jongdae did sing a little louder than he did before every time Kyungsoo was there.

 

“Excellent. And you’re?” Jongdae grinned, wrapping a friendly arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and tugging him closer either on purpose or not. It was all a blatant lie to fool Kyungsoo because Jongdae had already known his name and he memorised that perfect name ever since he had asked Chanyeol about it. Do. Kyungsoo.

 

“I am?” Kyungsoo’s eyes turned wide, full of confusion. Obviously, the doe eyed male was too caught up admiring Jongdae supple lips parting and closing until he closed off his hearing senses.

 

Jongdae sighed, drumming his fingers on Kyungsoo’s waist impatiently but there was a hint of mischievousness in his dark glinted orbs. He rubbed his nose onto Kyungsoo’s left cheek like an affectionate puppy seeking attention from his owner. “I wish to know your name, beautiful.”

 

Kyungsoo’s face lit up like a star on top of the Christmas tree which was exaggerating. His world turned delightfully dizzy for a moment, his feet felt like they were boneless and his heart was beating in a slow rhythm because Jongdae, his crush had just called him beautiful.

 

 

“Kyungsoo. D-Do Kyungsoo.”

 

 

“Dodo?” Jongdae amusingly inquired, patting himself on the back when he saw the delectable flush across Kyungsoo’s fair cheeks. “Just kidding, Kyungsoo!” Jongdae nudged the red faced male. “So, any particular stuff you’re searching for? I could always lend you a hand.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“Huh?” Kyungsoo’s orbs widened once again in his signature ‘deer caught in headlights’ emotion. “Uh…I...oh…” How was he going to tell Jongdae that he didn’t come here almost every day just to listen to his angelic voice? He didn’t want his crush to think of him as a stalker.

GAHH! WHAT TO DO.

 

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

 

A knowing smile quirked up on Jongdae’s lips as he watched many, many emotions flickering through Kyungsoo’s panicky eyes. Well, he shouldn’t be too hard on Kyungsoo even if he did come often just to stalk him. At least, his stalker was adorably cute with large innocent orbs and a small frame that he wanted so badly to fit into his arms.

“Do you like singing?” Jongdae asked softly, making sure his eyes were staring deep into Kyungsoo’s pools of innocence. From the way the doe eyed male straightened his spine stiffly, eyes darting back and forth while biting his lower lip, Jongdae knew he caught the cat in the bag.

 

“I don’t really sing…” Kyungsoo’s voice trailed off, shuffling on his feet cladded with sneakers nervously. “..but I like listening.” The hint of pinkness was back again decorating his face. “To your voice, I mean. I like listening to your voice.” A shy smile played across his rosy lips.

 

“Oh?” Jongdae gave a grin, one too boyish and handsome for Kyungsoo’s poor heart to take. “That’s really romantic and sweet.” A tinkling of bells signalled that Jongdae had to tend to another customer. As much as he hated to end his conversation with his newly acquainted stalker (soon-to-be boyfriend), Jongdae still had a job to do.

 

“Thank you?” Owlishly, Kyungsoo blinked. From all the blinking he did today, he was sure it wasn’t healthy for him. Another tinkling of bells came from the counter, Kyungsoo gulped. “It’s okay. I-I’m sorry for disturbing you.. I’ll go now.” He bowed quickly, turning to leave and run off at high speed.

 

“Hold it.”

 

A rough hand wrapped itself around his waist and pulled him back. There was a shuffling sound of paper and then a small piece of paper was placed into Kyungsoo’s palm. Kyungsoo for one looked mildly shocked, eyeing the paper with a curly handwriting and several numbers written on it until Jongdae leaned in (too closely) and brushed his lips briefly to his warm cheek.

 

“I like your voice too, Kyungsoo.” Jongdae smiled sheepishly, a small blush lighting up his face. Then, he padded off quickly to his counter leaving behind a stunned Kyungsoo who kept staring at the paper.

 

 

Could I serenade you on a date with me?

Finishing my shift at six. I’d like to take you to this Italian Café next street.

xxxx-012

- CHEN ;)

 

 

Myspace Page Dividers

Lady's Corner

 

WHEEEEE! MY EXAMS ARE OVER. YEEAAHAHHH. LEMME DANCE FIRST. SALKALKDALDKAL. SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, I’M OVER THE MOON. NOW I’LL BE FREE FROM TEACHERS, EXAMS AND HOMEWORK FOR LIKE 5 MONTHS.

/ahem/ Okay, my writing’s really rusty right now. Please bear with me. It’s been a while since I’ve written down anything. Hope you all like this chapter and yes, ChenSoo FTW. It’s sad that there’s not much who ship this couple. I find them adoringly cute <3

Will be on a roll updating my stories and working on Christmas Collab Project. Super, super busy. Leave your love at the bottom of the comment section and I’ll be replying :D Oh, the request is OPENED once again but it's limited. Whacha waiting for?