Daydream Palette

тнê cenтeяρiêce ♛ C L O S E D

 

Daydream Palette 

............. .......................... .......................... .........

 

Pairing: (onesided?) Xiumin/Kyungsoo hints of Kyungsoo/Everyone

Word Count: 1,197

Requested by: panthas898

 

One day, I'll tell you. May my clumsy heart and unskillful words reach you.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

Is it weird to say that he felt colourless?

 

In order to fit in with his so-called friends, Minseok hid his true colours, putting up a mask of false façade. He forced himself to be egoistic, proud and selfish, constantly stepping on the others. With a chubby (childlike) face of Minseok, he didn’t think it was possible for him to put up with this cruel act.

However, his friends did fall for his mask-in-disguise. Not only was he deceiving his friends but also himself. Sometimes, Minseok wondered if he’d most likely regain his colours. The pure white of his innocence, the bright yellow of his light and joy, the purple of his inner mind peace … what was the colour he wanted to paint again?

Oh, I forgot.

 

Minseok’s heart was slowly losing his colour.

 

Until he met the boy who paints his own dreams and wishes.

 

“I’ve lost them somewhere along the way …. please paint me with my daydreams..”

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

On the other hand, Kyungsoo’s world is full of colours. With talented hands, he paints his own canvas using his favourite colours; white for his untainted innocence, pink for his love and care towards others, green for his reserved nature and so many more paint splats on his canvas, Kyungsoo isn’t bothered to count how many shades they are.

 

Because he doesn’t mind the fact that he’s imperfect. Because he knows, every human is lacking something that they’re chasing after. True, Kyungsoo’s colours are mixed in the craziest but pleasant way ever but at least, the intention of his heart is not cloudy.

 

Not only that, the boy’s eyes as bright and round as the sun, a hint of rainbow colours behind his hazel iris and a smile that could rival the moon’s beauty uses his brush to paint other people’s canvases as well. Kyungsoo notices the lack of colour on his friends’ canvases and the kind male doesn’t hesitate to lend a hand, slowly fixing the mistakes and spreading paint over the canvases.

 

 Do Kyungsoo admits; he’s not the perfect human being but who says he has to be?

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

As usual, Minseok sits with his group of friends, only half-listening to their conversation (because he’s not particularly interested in what they are saying, in fact, he never will be interested). Minseok raps his knuckles on the plastic table, nodding mindlessly whenever one of his friends asks him something.

Once or twice, he forces a small smile and a strained laugh when someone cracks a joke (because he has to). His body is there with them, but his soul is far away on the other side of the room with the boy who paints.

 

His gaze is glued to the wide eyed male who’s laughing (cutely) into his palms, eyes crinkling with happiness. Minseok feels a pang of jealousy because he wants to be able to make Kyungsoo laugh like that too. Another vision of green covers his sight when he sees Mr. Good Looking aka Kim Jongin sliding one hand around Kyungsoo’s slender waist, tugging the shorter boy to his side.

 

Minseok bites his lip when a pinkish flush appears on Kyungsoo’s cheeks as the doe eyed male whacks Jongin on the chest playfully while the former pokes his tongue out at the older. Minseok quickly excuses himself, leaving the table before his irrational thoughts make him do unwanted things to Jongin for touching his treasured painter.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

The next day, Minseok couldn’t be happier when he spots Kyungsoo standing alone in the hallway, hands full of books. With the intention of helping the fragile boy to carry his books, Minseok takes fast and long strides towards Kyungsoo only to have his hopes shattered by a stoic looking Kris.

 

The star basketball player, Kris, without speaking, calmly removes the huge stack of books from Kyungsoo’s hands, earning a shriek from the younger who thinks that his books magically elevated themselves. Kris’s lips part as he speaks in hushed and gentle tones to the shocked Kyungsoo. After that, Kyungsoo beams the brightest smile, offering to share his lunch with the tall male.

 

Minseok stands rooted to the spot. Why? He’s just a few more steps away from them. Afraid that his heart might be breaking off into tiny pieces then falling onto the floor, Minseok whirls around and runs off to the nearest empty classroom. His heart is losing more colours and turning cloudier.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

When Kyungsoo laughs, Minseok could hear the angels singing, bells chiming and musical instruments playing into his eardrums. He just wishes that one day, he’ll be the one drawing the beautiful laughing from Kyungsoo. Minseok closes his locker slowly, gaze still following the three musketeers but his stare is focused on the shortest one who walks in the middle.

 

Chanyeol chuckles, placing a comforting hand on Kyungsoo’s back while Baekhyun laces his hand with Kyungsoo’s smaller ones. Chanyeol begins making exaggerated hand motions, then Kyungsoo bursts out in a chortle of giggles followed by Baekhyun’s raspy chuckles.

 

It goes slow for Minseok when the three pass by his locker. It’s just a few nanoseconds, but for Minseok it feels like hours and hours of infinity. It’s absolutely mesmerizing; how Kyungsoo’s butterfly eyelashes flutter around his hazel orbs, slowly turning to greet Minseok, the hint of rainbow colours behind them reflecting his every single emotion and without doing anything, Kyungsoo (unconsciously) steals the breath out of Minseok’s lungs.

 

Minseok doesn’t understand.

Is it possible?

 

Minseok’s a painter who has forgotten how to paint because his heart has lost all its colours. For months, he has been pretending to be someone else, too absorbed in his acting, he’d actually forgotten how many colours there used to be on his palette. Now, it was just blank, empty, colourless.

Kyungsoo’s a painter, who randomly splats paint beautifully all over his canvas without much effort creating the most exotic painting that could make Leonardo Da Vinci go green with envy. For years, Kyungsoo has been observing everyone’s colours, stopping by to help them mix their palette and paint their canvases.

 

 Myspace Page Dividers

 

One fateful day, Minseok gathers all his courage to write a love letter to Kyungsoo. It takes him three sleepless nights to write his uttermost feelings and to pour out of all the colours left inside his heart. He slips the pink envelope into Kyungsoo’s bag pack, silently praying for Kyungsoo to read the letter alone.

And Kyungsoo does a few hours later.

 

 

My admiration for you slowly piles up into a palette full of colours. I..I am not good with my words. But I hope one day, my message shall be conveyed to you. May my clumsy heart and unskillful words reach you, Do Kyungsoo. I want to be your canvas, to be yours to paint and colour all you wish.

Kim Minseok.

 

 

Slowly, Kyungsoo is reduced into a blushing and stuttering mess.

 

 

“Soo, what’s that?” Sehun raises an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo gasps, stuffing the letter into his bag. “It’s nothing!”

“…Sure. Are you not feeling well today, hyung? Your face is red.”

“I’m fine.” Kyungsoo ducks his head shyly, a hint of a graceful smile playing across his lips.

 


[ LADY'S CORNER]

PFFT, WELL? It goes off as a one-sided XiuSoo at the starting, then it slowly develops. The ending? It's up to your own interpretation ; either Kyungsoo goes up to Xiumin and be all like 'Yes, I will be your painter' or it's all shy smiles and blushes between them. But the last sentence of the story already tells you how the ending will be like; definitely XiuSoo :)

IMPORTANT NOTE; I'm putting this on HIATUS for the whole month of November because ... of (very important) exams ;~; My other fics will be on HIATUS too. I'll be seeing you guys then <3