Season 1 - Ch 5

Fragile Love (JeTi - on-going)

Chapter Six

Jessica
Present



It was really nice to just stay home and be lazy without worrying about work since that was the only thing that kept me going - my life. Weekends were really the only time I could relax, and my brain was thankful for that. I headed downstairs to get a bottle of water before I go apartment hunting since I couldn't really live here in this main house since Nicole and Krystal had been making this their hang out place with their friends. Honestly, I didn't mind; however, it would be nice to be away from people every now and then with me having a say about it.
 


"Jessica!" Nicole called as she flailed her hand in the air as though begging for the attention. I was trying to sneak out of the house without being seen by my cousin or my sister since they just annoy me, but that plan was thrown out of the window the moment she waved. I love them both to death; however, they think that I was miserable and just lock myself in my room, always asking me to join them and their friends. The first few times were fine, but having to do so every time I was home was really, really taxing. I was even going out to look for my own place so I could have a life outside of my bedroom; although, that meant I was only going to a new place, locking myself there. I could just purchase a house and that would be bigger than a two bedroom unit in a building or a complex.


"I'm busy. I'm going out," I said passingly. Nicole and Krystal ran up to me and grabbed me by the arm, one on each. "Yah! Let go! I'm going out!"


"You can't. Hara and Dara's here and let's all hang out." Nicole flashed a smile showing her perfect set of white teeth. "Please, Cous, I know you're leaving this house soon and we won't be able to bug you." She pouted as though that would work.


The bum, Krystal, didn't plead or anything like what Nicole did, she just dragged me to the living room with the help of our cousin. "Hello," I greeted their friends. They both flashed a smile and bowed at me.


My stupid sister pushed me to the chair and so I lost balance. She'll really get it from me one day.


Sigh. Whatever. I would stick around for  just a bit and then sneak away the next moment I could take.

 

Even though I was actually here, I didn't really pay much attention to what they were saying until I heard Nicole mention my name. "You know a lot of good women that we can set up with Jessica, right?" She asked her girlfriend.


Hara looked at me and began thinking, she then held her chin and said,  "I have a few friends that she might actually look at. Do you want to meet some of my friends?" She looked at me with concern. That look she gave me basically told me she understood I was being forced into this.


I sighed heavily and shook my head. "Don't ever believe my family they always make up stuff. I don't need to be in a relationship right now."


"Yeah, sure," Krystal added sarcastically, "But if it's for Pinkfany, you wouldn't really mind being in a relationship."


"Yah! Don't be calling her that!"


"You mean her ex?" Hara asked Nicole. Nicole only answered with a nod. These people didn't really have any life. How could they talk about my life when their lives weren't so perfect? They should just be studying in order to finish up college, and start helping me in our family business. I was seriously getting lonely there, being the youngest executive and all.


"The Hwang heiress, right?" She didn't really ask Nicole this time. The question was intended for me. It doesn't seem like she was imposing herself or anything like that. It really seemed like she cares and wants to get to know me. So I didn't care.


Since Nicole trusts Hara this much, I didn't mind answering her, "Yes but she's somewhere in this world. She's been hiding."


Hara scoffed like she couldn't believe what I said. "She's where?" she asked hesitantly.


"Well, they said that she's in Las Vegas right now and her dad's there too so I don't really know." I sighed at the memory.


She shook her head while scorning at the statement. "But isn't she here?" Everyone looked at her in surprise as though a ghost suddenly appeared. I was pretty sure my face turned white and all the blood was trained out of me like all my energy was drained out of me. IMy body was trembling and I didn't even have the strength to hold the bottle of water, caushing it to fall on the floor and rolled off; it was the only sound that was created at that point and it seemed like both Krystal and my cousin, together with me, were holding our breaths like our lives depended on it.


"You know her?" Krystal finally managed to ask. Her voice sounds concerned and not the typical gossiper, wanting to only know of the situation. She showed her loving and caring side.


"Dara, aren't you friends with her?" Hara asked the poor girl who turned pale, as though she was part of us that knew my romantic relations with Tiffany and the shock we felt to finding out she was in the country. Dara just laughed awkwardly and brushed the question with those awkward laughs. She was as pale as a paper and wasn't able to speak, was she somehow sick? But she kept on texting on her phone. I guess she had a fight with her girlfriend and her mind wasn't really with us this moment.


"Well, I've heard from people who want to be close with the Hwang family, that she's actually very beautiful and intelligent. Everyone wants her, but she keeps refusing their marriage or meeting proposals." She paused and collected her thoughts as she looked at the ceiling, like it would somehow give her a brilliant idea or make her remember. She then continued, "I swear." She tried to convince all of us. "Even the Goo clan, my family, wants to be on their good side. Who would want to upset them though? Their family is one of the most influential in the business world, so it's only natural, right? Plus, there's only one heir in each generation and this chick is the only female heiress since one hundred years ago. So she's really special and everyone tries to be chummy with her or bribe her or whatever. Just that, there are too many not so genuine people trying to approach her. I guess she's had enough of that."


"What do you mean?" Nicole asked out of curiosity.


Hara sighed, "I hate talking about other people but since it's you guys, I'll tell you and it's not really a secret since it's obvious." I couldn't look up and stare at them. I was stock on my position and immobilized. I don't have the energy to command my own body anymore. and honestly my brain was full of thoughts on things I did wrong to Tiffany. "Hwang Henry is an only child, his dad's an only child, his dad's dad's an only child. Pretty much, there's only ONE Hwang in each generation and it also occurred that this?" She looked at Sandara, "What's your friend's name again?"


"Hwang Tiffany." Krystal and Nicole answered in unison.


She snapped her fingers and then pointed at nothing in particular. "Yeah, this Tiffany person is the only Hwang of her generation, and so a lot of people want to be friends with her and some say that there are a lot of these skimming people who acted friendly to use her. So, she doesn't befriend with people she barely knows," she shrugged. "If I'm her, I'd probably feel as though people are after me. But then, I can't shut people out just because I'm scared of being used. That's how the world is, right? But hey, that's me though."


Slowly, trying to collect my thoughts. I then managed to whisper, "So, who's Hwang Mi Young? Isn't that her cousin?" Because at this point, the doors to reality was almost opened, but it scared me to who that person truly was. Was Tiffany the same person as MinYoung? Was I hated to a point of creating another identity? Was I that cruel? But I had a valid explanation. I could explain myself. But now I started to doubt myself.


She looked at me with wonder, "No. I think she just likes to use her Korean name in the business world. Plus, Tiffany is such a sweet name to be an iron business woman."


"Are you sure that she's Hwang Tiffany?" 


Hara pouted at Nicole's question, "Well, not really but I'm at least 90% sure with my information. I'm studying journalism for a good reason."


"Plus, I don't think that the Goo Gazette's heiress would give us such false information." Krystal added as she looked at Nicole and then back at me, her eyes never leaving me. It may be the sisterly bond, but I felt like she just gave me an embrace, and told me she was sorry for draggine me there. That frown on her face just gave me so much that words couldn't.


I softly gave her a smile, "Thank you," I said to them as I stood up from my seat. I didn't wan them to see me cry so I hurried and closed my eyes the moment I had my back on them, making my tears fall and then quickly wiping it away. From long strides to jogging turning into a run, getting inside my car. I didn't know where to go since I didn't really have friends in Korea, but honestly, anything was better than there. Anywhere was better as long as I could have a moment to myself, withoug thinking of how much pain this love caused me. Because I wasn't the only one hurting. All this time, I caused her pain.

 

I was guilty of a grave sin. I guess it was only natural for her to hate me, and I respect that hate and I wouldn't try anything to cause any more than what I had done. 
 



Tiffany
Present





I heard my phone beep.

 


^_^VPark Sandara:
What have you been doing?!


Hi Dara! Nothing really! >< Wanna hang out? 


Taeyeon's been laying around the whole day so I was really bored out of my mind. I need to go out and do something to keep myself from thinking too much. Ever since Jessica showed up in my life again, my mind had always been full of thoughts of her, and it wasn't healthy since I lose sleep and appetite.


No dummy! Coz of you, im acting all stupid and speechless here! DX booohooo!


The reply startled me. Was she being scolded by her mom again? Was it because we all stayed up last night at the bar? I mean, shouldn't she not have any sort of curfew? She was twenty-one after all. Plus, it was silly. Taeyeon was new in town so we all went to the bar.


What did I do this time?


Well, it's not that you didn't really do anything. You DID something. 


What? I'm sorry if you're in trouble coz of me. Is it coz you snuck out last night?



It was Taeyeon's idea to go out dancing to get my mind off of things, even though she just said that she was new in town and needed to get her jam on, as she put it. As much as I appreciated her thoughts, I also knew she did it to not think of Seohyun, her girlfriend, very much.

It's not about us partying last night. It's about you introducing yourself as Hwang MiYoung, Fany's cousin! Yayyy! 

 

I could actually imagine the sarcasm in her face, but I was surprised that she knew about it. The only people who knew of this was Jessica and also Taeyeon. Could it be that Jessica talked to her family and they mentioned about me? Or could it be that Jessica told her?! Oh my God. There was just no way. Jessica couldn't! I was just beginning to forget!


How'd you know that?!!! ><"


Well, I think Jessica knows you're the girl she dated. DX


My hand froze. Was this real? Or was this still a dream from all the drinking last night? Because I was honestly praying for the latter. Anything but Jessica finding out! This was too much!

WHATTT!?! HOW?!!


Let's just say that there's someone who is highly knowledgeable about these kinds of things mentioned it? She didn't mean to impose, she's clueless but at the same time, full of information. ><"


Are you sure Jessica knows?


Nope, the source told her that she's only 90% sure... but you better keep your distance if you want to remain hidden.

Wait, I think she knows! >< Like, she just walked running! Like, I think she was crying! 

Yup! Keep your distance!
 


Well, it was not a big secret that I was actually Hwang Tiffany but for Jessica to know, that was a problem. I wouldn't be able to act out the facade I had been creating especially when she was around. I was frozen for a good five minutes thinking of what to reply. I don't even know what I was thinking. My mind's a big blank. If I could paint a picture of it, I wouldn't be able to since there was nothing. Honestly, how did this happen? It seemed like every time Jessica was around, a pile of heartaches were served to me day after day, and I was getting really tired of it. My heart and my brain both.


You're really a great friend, Dara! Hugs!


Are you okay? Want us to come over?


I didn't really know what I'd be doing especially in front of my friends who were younger than I was. I was supposed to be a role model but it seemed like they were the ones who were taking care of me most of the time. The only time I took care of them was when they needed a driver when they were sneaking out or when they want me to ask their parents for permission for something.


Nahhh, I have Taeyeon with me right now. Enjoy your day.


You sure? Cheababy can go there and accompany you guys.



Nahhh, just keep your Cheababy to yourself. I can baby myself if I want to be pampered.

 


Okay. If that's what you want, be conceited. Hope Taeyeon won't get tired of it.


Good thing she knows I'm a little conceited.

But the main issue was still the same: Does Jessica really know? What should I do on our meeting this Monday? Should I just cancel it? Should I pray for a miracle for my dad to be back home by then? 

This was really causing me to have a headache and palpitation, which were both not healthy at all. 

 

 

I don't want to talk to anyone about this. If I start talking about Jessica, I might just be hurt again. I think it' was better to lock all our past behind and be completely platonic and never talk to her aside from business matters. The thought of me ignoring her while she was just right there, a few feet away was heart breaking. But what she did to me was worse than all those people who befriended me just because I was born a Hwang. For someone who said she loved me, she really didn't know how to love.



I looked at the screen from my Iphone and noticed some tear drops. 


Where did it come from?


I held my cheek just to notice it was wet. I didn't even realize I was crying. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I made myself vulnerable to pain that my body was just numbly used to it.


Are you happy now, Jessica? I have you to thank for this untouchable heart.