Chapter 24

I Got Married To Infinite

After a comforting,warm bath,Woohyun put on a black sweater and a black short pants.He had a towel in his hand that was used by him to dry his wet hair as he walked out from the washroom.He saw Dongwoo and Sunggyu both lying on the bed with their headphones on.His eyes shifted to another corner of the room where L was smiling with staring at his phone like an idiot.He immediately knew who was the one that indicated the smile.

“I will be right back”,L muttered,grabbing his jacket in the process.”Hey!Where you going at this time!”,Sunggyu asked but L was already at the door.”Don’t wait for me!”,L waved before slamming the door closed.Woohyun sighed and walked towards the balcony.He stared at the beautiful sea that was engulfed with darkness now.The sound of the wave hitting the shores made Woohyun closed his eyes,enjoying that moment.

A shuffling sound below made Woohyun flung his eyes opened and he directed his eyes towards that direction.”Ji Eun?”,he blinked when he saw the petite figure of hers strolling towards the direction of the beach.*What is she doing at this hour?*.

The thoughts of her being alone in the darkness made him had the urge to follow her.He dashed into the room and grabbed his cap before heading towards the exit.”Woohyun?!Where are you going?!”,Sunggyu hollered.Woohyun didn’t reply and the door slammed closed,again.”Whats with the two of them?”,Sunggyu furrowed his brow as he looked at Dongwoo.Dongwoo just shrugged and shook his head.

Woohyun’s fast steps made him caught up behind her moments later.She was walking alone towards the beach and Woohyun couldn’t stopped wondering what she was going to do.Ji Eun finally stopped at a certain spot at the beach and Woohyun hid behind some bushes.He didn’t know how should he approached her yet.

Ji Eun turned to look around her as if she was anticipating for someone.Woohyun examined his surrounding as well.But,there wasn’t any sign of someone else presence besides the two of them.Woohyun breathed in hard as he made up his mind to approach her.He couldn’t deny that he did want to make up with Ji Eun and slowly made her to remember him again.He took a step forward,his lips were already parted,wanting to call her name.

“JI EUN!!”,a familiar voice shouted from the opposite direction of them.Woohyun’s footsteps were quickly retreated back to his original position,his heart shrinking in sadness.*Obviously she is meeting L here*.True to his word,he saw L walking towards Ji Eun with something behind his hands.

“I want you to be the only person who can call me Kim Myungsoo!”,L’s voice was the only sound could be heard along with the sound of waves.Woohyun’s eyes widened and he literally felt his heart stop beating as everything in his mind gone blank.*Don’t tell me he is asking her…*.”Can you be my one and only princess,Lee Ji Eun?Can you…be my other half?”,L’s confession pierced Woohyun’s heart directly.

Woohyun eyes followed L who was gradually getting closer and closer towards Ji Eun.L’s eyes were on Ji Eun the whole time and when he was finally standing in front of her,he held his hands out to caress her cheeks.”Would you be my girlfriend?”,he whispered tenderly although Woohyun could hear it very clearly.

*NO,NO,NO!!!*,Woohyun screamed in his heart as he stared at Ji Eun panickly.He had the urge to just stomped outside to pull Ji Eun away and ran to somewhere where no one could find them.But..did he have the courage to do that?

At the same time,Ji Eun felt a lump growing in .L’s hands were warm on her cheeks and his eyes were so gentle and soft.So many things ran through her mind at that moment but most of all,a question repeated in her mind again and again.Was she ready to make a commitment?Or rather,was she ready to accept the man in front of her?She knew there was still someone in her heart.She knew that man still takes over a part of her.

But when L saw that Ji Eun wasn’t responding,he started to lean in as his eyeslids slowly to fall.Before anyone could do anything,his lips were already on hers,moving slowly,hoping she would respond to the kiss.Ji Eun’s eyes widened when she felt his lips on hers and she had  the natural respond to move backwards but L already had his arms wrapped around her waist tightly.

Woohyun swallowed back his tears and clenched his fist.He could have be the one in that position.A single tear trickled down his cheeks as he backed away.L was so immersed in the kiss that he didn’t heard the shuffling sound in the bushes but Ji Eun did.Her eyes darted to the side,her lips still unable to move with L’s on hers.She saw a familiar figure running away and a voice in the back of her head told her it was Woohyun.At that exact moment,something struck her.*I didn’t want Woohyun oppa to see this.I don’t want Woohyun oppa to be hurt.I…love him*.

Ji Eun started to push L away with both her palms on his chest.”I am sorry,L oppa.I can’t do this”,she looked right into his eyes,her eyes filled with guilt.

 

-END-