Taking Responsibility

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_l_5qOVSg

Teen Top- The Artist

-----

Sohee didn’t know where these men were leading her. They carried her up something that felt like a ladder.

Sohee arrived on a flat surface. She tried to move, but the ropes were holding her down. As the men moved her forward, the surface became unsteadier. The floor seemed to move and grow shaky. *What is going on? Where are they leading me to?* Sohee wondered.

Finally, the black sack was removed from her head.

Sohee looked down and grew dizzy immediately. She had an innate fear of heights, and here she was, standing on a diving board that was 100 feet above the water. Her legs quivered, and she was having difficulty breathing. Her heart hammered in her ribcage, and she couldn’t move. Sohee glanced back at the men smirking at her.

“Now we wait until Niel comes. Hopefully, he will, or you’ll just drown.” The Boss lit a cigarette and flashed his yellow teeth at her.

Sohee shuddered. She looked down and immediately shut her eyes. It felt like a tornado was happening in her stomach. She had an overwhelming urge to puke her guts out. *I don’t want Niel to come. These men are bad news. But at the same time, I went to get out of here. If I fall, I won’t be able to swim since these ropes are binding me. I was wrong when I thought getting into a scandal that would scar my reputation was the worst thing that could happen to me. This is the worst thing that can happen to me.*

-------

Woobin gazed at the flat-screen plasma television in front of him with a jaded expression. There was nothing fun on television, and he had so much time on his hands. With a bored sigh, Woobin shut the television off and headed to his closet. He changed into clothes that were fit for a night out and headed downstairs. He heard a fuss downstairs and wondered what was going on.

“You cannot just charge into the Kim’s residence like this!”

“I need to see him right now! It’s an emergency!”

“Please leave before we call the police.”

“YAH! KIM WOOBIN! YOU COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!”

*Kim Woobin? Someone is looking for me?* Woobin raised an eyebrow and came down the marble staircase. He was shocked to see Niel in his house. Niel looked up, and his eyes widened. The maid turned around and flushed red. “I’m so sorry! I tried to stop him, but-“

“You can leave.” Woobin told her without a glance her way.

“B-but…”

“Go.” He told her.

The maid glanced uneasily between the two males and scurried off.

Woobin slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans and came downstairs. “Well look who came here. I thought you would be the last person to come to my house. How did you even know where I lived?”

“I need your help.” Niel stated straightforwardly.

Woobin smirked. “You? Need help from me?” His expression turned into an unforgiving glower. “You have Sohee now. What help could you possibly need? I’m not helping someone who took my first love from me.” Woobin turned around.

“BUT SHE’S IN DANGER!” Niel yelled.

Woobin paused. His eyes widened as panic seized his heart. *Danger?* Slowly, Woobin turned around. “What do you mean…danger?”

Niel glanced at his watch and cursed. “I have no time! You’re rich! Give me $200,000!”

Woobin harshly laughed. “You’re here for money? I admit I am loaded, much more than you will ever be, but that doesn’t mean I give my money to just anyone.”

Niel ignored the insult. “I’ll pay you back. I swear to God I’ll pay every cent back. I’ll even pay interest. Just give me that money now.”

“Why should I?” Woobin growled.

“Because this will save ssem!” Niel impatiently yelped.

“How?” Woobin inquired. “I have no time for this!” Niel rubbed his hair in frustration.

Woobin crossed his arms. “Then I have no reason to give you my money either.”

Niel narrowed his eyes. If looks could kill, Woobin would have died thrice by now.

“If you don’t want it…”

“FINE! I’ll tell you!” Niel grudgingly told him about the phone call and the loansharks.

Woobin gaped at him. “YOU PUT TEACHER IN DANGER?!” “I didn’t know they were going to come after me!” Niel shouted.

“I can’t believe you. You don’t deserve to be with her.” Woobin snapped. “…I know.” Niel whispered. “I know I don’t.”

Woobin softened. He could hear the mournful ache in Niel’s voice.

Niel looked up at him. “Please just help me this once. I…I have to save ssem. If anything happens to her, I won’t be able to live with it.” He croaked. “Please…I’m begging you.”

Woobin looked away and sighed. Then he looked back at Niel and muttered, “If something happens to Teacher, I will kill you with my own hands.”

Niel eagerly nodded. “You have my permission.”

*This weirdo.* “Let’s go.” Woobin nodded to the door.

-------

“It’s approaching time, Boss.” One man pointed out. “I know.” He growled and scanned the doors. Everything was too still. *Will Ahn Daniel really not come? Did he run away at the first sign of trouble?* He glanced at Sohee who looked sallow and distraught. She wanted to run away, but if she knew she moved, she was going to fall to her death. Her life was literally dangling over the pool.

Sohee looked at the clock, and her shoulders sagged in hopelessness. No one was coming for her, and she would die alone in the cold, chlorine water. The minute hand landed on the 12. “I guess your boyfriend isn’t coming after all. He ditched you and saved himself.” The Boss spoke. Sohee squeezed her eyes shut. *No, Niel wouldn’t do that to me. There is another explanation for this. And even though that may be true…I’m glad. He won’t be harmed by you terrible people.*

“Push her in.” The Boss nodded. She gasped with wide eyes. They were really going to drown her!

“Yes, sir.” The men bowed and approached her.

Sohee trembled and shook her head. “Please…” She whimpered. They reached out to shove her, and she closed her eyes, waiting for the dreadful push.

BANG!

The sound of the doors flinging open made everyone look up

. Sohee’s mouth dropped when she saw who walked in. Niel followed by Woobin and Teen Top had entered the pool. *Niel! Wait…why is Woobin here, too?!* Niel looked up and spotted her right away.

Woobin gasped with widened eyes. “S-she’s up there! She’s tied! What do we do if she falls?!”

“Keep calm. If they see you panic, they’ll know you’re weak.” CAP growled lowly with his eyes focused on the loansharks.

The Boss motioned his men to come back and grinned. “Ah, so you must be the famous Ahn Daniel. You look so much like your father.” Niel stared at him. “Did you bring my money?” The Boss asked. Niel gave Woobin a sidelong look.

Woobin snapped out of his daze and handed him the backpack. Niel held up the bag. “Your money is in here, so bring my girlfriend here and we’ll trade.”

“Nuh-uh~ You are in no position to negotiate here.” The Boss clucked his tongue.

Niel furrowed his eyebrows. *Filthy bastard.*

“Unless you want your girlfriend to drown, I suggest you do as I say.” The Boss gave him an ultimatum. Niel wanted to give him the finger and cuss at him until his throat was sore. But one look at Sohee’s wretched face stopped him. His pride and ego crumbled there, and he knew the most important thing to him was her life.

Niel rigidly nodded. “I will.”

“Good. Go check the money.” The Boss ordered his men.

Two men approached Niel and eyed him suspiciously. They snatched the backpack and checked the amount. “It’s exactly $200,000.” The men said.

“That’s it? Where’s my interest?” The Boss asked as he casually blew smoke.

“You only asked for $200,000!” Niel hissed.

“I thought you were smart, but now I can see you’re as much of an idiot as your father was. Of course interest is needed.” The B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter