Teen Top's Family Life

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezinVUx1dlE

Davichi- Because it's you

----

Soohyuk returned to school two days later. He seemed calm, but he was quieter, mostly because he was ashamed of his reckless behavior. After his parents found out what he had attempted to do, they had promised him they would be more attentive to him. Sohee met with Soohyuk privately during break time. They talked through the problems that he had. She promised to be there for him as much as she could, and he swore to never try something rash like that again.

Things resumed to normal, and Sohee went on her usual home-visits with her homeroom students. She met with CAP, L. Joe, and Chunji outside of school.

 

Sohee entered the stuffy and disorderly basement. She couldn’t believe this was CAP’s home. “You live here alone?”

“Who else would I live with?” He shrugged.

“Doesn’t it get lonely?” Sohee whispered.

“Nah, the boys come and go as they please. But they won’t be coming around tonight, ssem. I told them I wanted privacy with you.” CAP grinned with a sly wink.

Sohee could tell he was trying to joke his way through the visit. “So, let’s sit down and talk about your future.”

“With you?” He chuckled.

Sohee sat on his beat-up couch and pulled out the juice cartons she had brought. “Here.” She gave one to him.

CAP stared at the juice box. “Don’t you have any alcohol?”

Sohee gave him a look. “I’m almost twenty soon.” He grinned.

“You’re still a senior in my book. So if you want me to treat you like a man, you better graduate this year.” Sohee sipped her juice then spoke. “So, we looked through your transcript during our appointment. As you know, you’re not doing very well.”

CAP shrugged. It was old news.

“You need to make an effort, Bang Minsoo, or you won’t pass senior year again. Do you want to stay in high school forever?” She questioned. He smirked, “If it means staying with you, ssem, I don’t mind.”

Sohee gave him a look. “Be serious for once, Minsoo.” She looked around the dreary place. “You must want to move on with your life. You can’t…you can’t stay like this forever.”

“Why not?” CAP asked, almost defensively.

“Because you can have a better life. You’re still young. You have plenty of opportunities.” Sohee stated.

CAP shrugged lazily as he played with the cotton springing out of a tear on his couch. “What use is opportunity when I don’t have the skill? You saw my grades, ssem. I’m not smart. I can’t go to college. No, I won’t. College is not for me.” He shook his head. Sohee wanted to refute that college was a possibility for him but stopped. *He should be able to make his own decisions.* “I just want the best for you, Minsoo. Have you thought about anything else then? You don’t have to go to school. You need a pathway to your future career through.”

“I don’t know what else I can do. I’m not capable of anything except stealing, drinking, and having fun.” CAP mumbled, disheartened.

Sohee squeezed his shoulder. “You still have some time to think about it. Let me know though. Although I must say…you have a nice voice, Minsoo.”

CAP smiled a little proudly. “Ladies love it.”

“I can see you as a rapper.” Sohee pointed out.

CAP laughed loudly. “You want me to be a singer?!”

“Why not? It could happen.” She shrugged. He chuckled, “Funny, ssem.” CAP smiled widely. “I’ll think about it though.”

Sohee smiled back and patted his shoulder. She stood up, and he walked her to the door. “I’ll see you on Monday, Minsoo.” “Okay. Later, ssem.” He waved.

Sohee turned to leave.

“Ssem.” CAP called.

She turned back around. He gave her a genuine smile. “Thanks. For caring, I mean.”

Sohee smiled cordially. “Of course I care. You are my student. Good night.” With a wave, she left lightheartedly.

----

Saturday night, Sohee visited the Lee’s home. Chunji lived with his parents and older brother, who resembled him a lot. However, their personalities were much different. Chunji was wild, loud-mouthed, and playful while Chansung was quiet, reflective, and polite. (Not 2PM's Chansung)

After a warm meal cooked marvelously by Mrs. Lee, Sohee discussed his academic career with his family.

“See, Lee Chanhee! I told you to study instead of playing with those crazy friends all the time!” Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes.

Chunji rolled his eyes. “Like I’ll improve.” He snorted.

“Don’t talk that way to your mother.” Mr. Lee scolded.

Chunji blew a raspberry and flipped his light orange hair. “I don’t know what to do with him, teacher. Chansung is such a respectable college student who is doing wonderfully in the engineering field. However, Chanhee won’t stay put it one place and he refuses to prepare for his future!” Mrs. Lee shook her head in frustration.

“Quit comparing me to hyung! I’m not him, mom!” Chunji snapped.

Mrs. Lee shook her head with a frown, as if saying ‘see-what-I-mean?’

“Chanhee just needs a little work on his math and language. He did well on his last history quiz. I’ll try to work something out with his other teachers and check if they can tutor him after school.” Sohee nodded.

“NOOO!” Chunji moaned. “You will do as told, Lee Chanhee! You have to at least graduate high school!” His mom snapped. He blew a frustrated raspberry and sulked.

Sohee sipped her tea with a smile. After meeting some depressing families, she was relieved to meet some energetic, happy families. Although the Lee family quarreled a lot…what family didn’t?

Sohee checked the time and called it a night. She said her farewells to the Lee family and headed to the door. “Walk your teacher to the bus stop!” Mrs. Lee urged.

“She has legs. She can walk fine on her own.” Chunji muttered.

Mrs. Choi flashed him a stern look.

“Fine, fine.” He yanked his hood over his head and stalked out the door.

“Good night, Teacher Jung!” His parents waved. She smiled, bowed back, and left.

“This way.” Chunji began in the direction of the bus stop.

“You can go back, Chanhee. Like you pointed out, I have legs. I can go on my own.” Sohee said.

“I changed my mind. I want some fresh air.” He deeply inhaled the night air.

“I like your family. Your mother is funny.” Sohee chuckled.

“Hilarious, really.” Chunji flatly agreed.

“You don’t like her?” She asked. “Now come on. She’s family. Of course I do. But she’s so freaking annoying at times. Being home suffocates me. I want to move out and be on my own with no rules. How heavenly would that be?” He sighed as he daydreamed about the day he would obtain his freedom.

“Come on, Chanhee. You should be grateful you have parents. They care a lot about you.” Sohee pointed out.

“Sometimes, too much.” Chunji sighed in frustration as he scratched his head. “Sometimes, I wish they would just leave me alone. Give me some space, you know? Forget it. Who am I kidding? You’re a teacher. You’re on my parents’ side.”

Sohee stopped and faced him. “I agree with them that you should try your best to graduate high school, but that doesn’t mean I’m on their side. You’re my studen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter