Kim Woobin, the other protector

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm7Pmpx_bCc&feature=related

Juniel- Illa Illa

----

When lunchtime came, Sohee got permission from the principal to step off campus.

“Over here, Teacher Jung!” The Hansung students waved from Dongsun’s black limousine. Sohee smiled, waved, and hurried over to them. Laughing, all of them climbed into the limo and sped out of sight.

An unhappy figure was watching from the building. *Did she miss her old students that much? Conveniently, she forgot about us and went with them right away without a second thought? What about Dookyung? What about…me?* Niel remembered the piercing stare of the other male student, and his jaw tightened. *Whatever.* In irritation, he turned and walked away.

The Hansung students and Sohee arrived at a fancy pasta restaurant. ‘Thank you.” She told the waiter as he slid the velvet seat in for her. He bowed, placed the menus on the table, and left. “It’s been a long time since we came here!” Gain beamed. “Yeah, remember, teacher?! I was having a bad day so you took us three girls to lunch here!” Hana laughed along with Younghee. Sohee smiled, “I remember.”

They ordered their pasta dishes and waited for them to come.

“So.” Sohee folded her hands on the table and glanced at her saintly students. “How have you been all doing?”

“Good!” They chimed. “Really? Without me?” She teased.

“Of course not, ssem!” The students cried out. Sohee laughed, “I was just kidding.”

They chuckled along with her. Suddenly, Gain sighed, “No, but really, teacher, we miss you.”

“We wish you were back.” Dongsun nodded as he pushed his thick glasses up his nose.

“Batty Seo is getting on our nerves.” Gain grumbled.

“Kim Gain.” Sohee shot her a look. “You will refer to your new history teacher as Mrs. Seo or Teacher Seo. Got it?” “Yes, teacher.” She pouted. Sohee smiled and ruffled her hair.

“What about you, teacher?” Woobin asked. She turned her attention to him. He casually touched his glass of water. “You seemed to be…adapting well to Goryo.”

Sohee nodded, “It’s been pretty good. It’s definitely not as bad as all of you put it.”

“Some of the boys there were cute.” Gain giggled. Hana lightly elbowed her then they laughed together. Shy Younghee turned pink as Dongsun rolled his eyes.

“Maybe I’ll set up a blind date for you girls.” Sohee winked. “Oh, really, teacher?! That would be awesome!” They squealed. Woobin and Dongsun shook their heads. They chatted some more about different topics until the food came.

When the hour passed, Sohee checked the time and gasped. “I need to go back. I have class soon. I’ll pick up the tab.” She reached for the check, but a hand snatched it away. Sohee looked up to see Woobin getting up with the check. She stared at him, stunned, “Yah, Kim Woobin-“

“What do you mean you’ll pick up the tab? You don’t get paid as much as you used to at such a degraded school like Goryo.” He shot her a patronizing look then walked away.

“Goryo is not a degraded school.” Sohee frowned but let him pay.

“Teacher Jung…” Younghee called. Sohee turned to her. Her student’s eyes were sad. “Teacher, tell the truth. Do you like Goryo more than Hansung?” “What?” Sohee stared at her, puzzled.

“Yeah, you’re at another school now. If you had to choose sides, you would choose your new students, wouldn’t you?” Gain grumbled. Dongsun and Hana gazed at the ground, heartbroken.

“That’s not true.” Sohee stated. They brightened, “So you still like us more?!”

Sohee calmly spoke. “I like ALL of you.” They frowned. “As a teacher, it would be unfair for me to have a bias. The Goryo students are not as bad as their reputation deems them to be. That doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten my students at Hansung.” Sohee Hana’s hair. “Each and every one of my students are precious to me. I love you all.”

“AWW, TEACHER!” The girls cooed. “Oh God.” Dongsun’s ears turned red, and everyone laughed.

“Aren’t we leaving?” Woobin asked. Everyone gathered their belongings and left the restaurant.

The limo took Sohee back to her school. “Goodbye, Teacher Jung! We’ll visit you again soon!” Her beloved students waved. She waved back with a smile. “Be good, and listen to Teacher Seo!” They saluted and left the scene.

*Aigoo. Those precious kids.* Smiling, Sohee headed back into Goryo just in time for the bell to ring. The first person she ran into was Niel. “Did you have a good lunch, Daniel?” Sohee asked in a friendly manner.

“What does it matter to you?” He muttered and walked past her without another glance.

Sohee blinked in shock. *Did I do something wrong? Why is he in such a bad mood?* She shook her head and went to her next class.

---------

School ended, and Sohee went back to the office.

“Later, Prune!” Students waved. She shot them a look. Chortling, they raced away.

Sohee rolled her eyes and headed inside. She said farewell to the leaving students and walked over to her desk. “Good afternoon, Sohee-shi.” Nayoung came in. “Good afternoon.” She smiled. Nayoung packed up her belongings. “Do you have any plans today since we have no meeting today?”

Sohee shook her head. “No. What about you, Nayoung-shi?”

“I’m way behind on grading.” She blew her bangs out of her face.

“Good luck with that.” Sohee sympathetically nodded.

Nayoung looked up and halted. “Um, Sohee-shi. Who is that man staring at you from the door?”

*Man?* Sohee looked up, and her eyes bugged out. “Kim Woobin.”

He smirked and tilted his head in an arrogant manner.

“Do you know him?” Nayoung asked with wide eyes.

“He was one of my students from Hansung.” Sohee revealed.

“Student?!” Nayoung gasped. She would’ve thought the guest was at least twenty-years old.

“Excuse me.” Sohee went running over. “Yah, Kim Woobin!” She hissed. “What are you doing back at this school?!”

“I thought you were a teacher. Isn’t it obvious? Why else would I be in such a nasty place?” Woobin glanced around and made a face at the fungus in the corner.

Sohee smacked her forehead. *This guy, really.* She held out her hands. “I have enough troubling students. Don’t add to that list and stop your joke-“

“I’m not joking.” Woobin said with a serious face. Sohee placed her hands on her hips. “Then what do you want?”

“I want…to know if you need a ride.” A smile played on his lips.

“A ride…?” She raised an eyebrow.

“You know…” Woobin pretended to drive, “Vroom. Vroom. A car?”

“I know what a ride is!” Sohee snapped.

“Good. See you downstairs.” Woobin walked away.

“Argh!” Sohee didn’t know how she had been caught in his trap. With a sigh, she stalked back to her desk. “What’s wrong, Sohee-shi? Why is your student here?” Nayoung asked curiously. “To annoy me to death.” She growled. “Excuse me?” Nayoung asked in puzzlement. “Don’t worry about it.” Sohee assured as she continued to pack.

----------

Everyone murmured about the ostentatious, blue convertible parked in the front. Woobin was leaning coolly against the front door with his sunglasses over his face.

“Damn. Who the hell is this rich ?”

“What the heck is he doing at Goryo?”

“Why is such a loaded bastard at our school?” Students jealousy sneered.

“Whoa. Check out that ride.” CAP whistled.

Chunji and Ricky gawked at the automobile. It was their dream car.

Niel recognized the driver. *The student that was here before.* Irritated that he was still here, Niel shoved his hands into his pockets and walked towards the gate. His friends followed while drooling over the car. Suddenly, Woobin turned around. “Ahn Daniel.” Niel stopped short. His eyes widened. *Did that jerk just say my name?*

“What the hell? You know this guy?” CAP asked.

*No.* Yet, curiosity forced Niel to turn around.

Woobin took his shades off. “You’re Niel, right?” Niel walked up to him with an unwelcoming expression. “How do you know my name? You stalk me or something?” Woobin smirked, unfazed. “Your reputation exceeds your town. Everyone knows about you. The wounded soul who takes out his anger on innocent souls, like my Jung Sohee.”

Niel squeezed his fist tightly in anger. The thing that infuriated him wasn’t the fact that Woobin insulted him. It was the fact that the arrogant fool had just claimed Sohee as his.

“Mind if we chat?” Woobin nodded to the side of the building. “Just for a bit?”

“Is this guy bothering you, Niel?” Chunji sneered. Niel didn’t look away from Woobin. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter