Then They Split

Tears of a Phoenix

 

You almost collapse as your brain finally processes all the information. But you simply can’t imagine that innocent face simply change into maliciousness, looming over a terrified Seung Hoon. Everyone’s pitiful looks only make you feel worse. If you had saved Seung Hoon, somehow, then all this wouldn’t have happened. It was your entire fault.

‘Why?’ you stutter, your voice shaking. ‘What did he do to you… and me..?’ A ringing silence trails after your words. Everyone sits there, drowning in the quietness. ‘Well,’ Daehyun begins. ‘You both got tied up and tortured. One of you got tortured worse than the other. You got saved by a phoenix. Seung Hoon died. I brought him back to life to lure you to myself.’ He speaks as fast as he can, not looking up at anyone.

‘And why did you need me?’ you ask him. ‘You do not need to know such a thing!’ Daehyun snarls angrily. Seung Hoon pats Daehyun on the shoulder, indicating that he should calm down. ‘So, what do I want to do know, my best friend?’ Seung Hoon asks, grinning. Your short temper doesn’t change after seeing his sweet smile. ‘What do I want to do?’ you growl. ‘You ask what I want to do. I want to hunt down Jongup. I don’t care if he’s dead or not. I know Youngjae stabbed him, but that doesn’t prove that he’s dead. I know he isn’t! I will find him and torture that idiot with every mean possible.’

You lean against the wall of the tent in frustration. Suddenly something strikes you. ‘Daehyun,’ you say quickly. ‘You’re fine with a knife shoved down your chest right? Still alive? Can still move your body?’ He replies with a thumb up, staring at the dagger as if he doubts himself.

Slowly, you all work together to pack everything up. You feel slight regret for acting arrogant and hot tempered, but all your feelings were bursting to explode. You begin heading down a grassy path, happily chatting; but at the end of the path was a forked road, splitting into two separate paths leading into darkness. They were both identical; in fact, they simply looked like replicas of each other. You all look at each other, lost for words, and lost for direction.

Which path do you take? The left or the right?

Click here and turn left!

Click here and turn right!